• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is your opinion on Vocaloids?

Poll: What is your opinion on Vocaloids?

• Love them

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Hate them

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • What are Vocaloids?

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

qwertyacnl

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Like them? Hate them? Neutral? Please explain your views. I'm very interested in knowing.

BTW I like them, esp. Miku and GUMI. I especially enjoy Honeyworks songs, which incorporate many Vocaloid artists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wknPFKHjJGI (Wolf, with GUMI)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQF7_PduR4E (The Day When I Call Your Name, GUMI)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDXwn9_878 (It was supposed to be Hate, GUMI and Miku)

EDIT: Vocaloids are computer-created music software. A voice is recorded and then used to "sing" by users inputing the lyrics and melody.

Last edited:
they make me cringe ah

Can someone explain what it is exactly? I see the term all the time and I know it has something to do with singing but I don't really get it.

I have a few Miku nendoroids because I think she's cute in chibi form, and her hair is my favourite colour. When I bought my first one, I had no idea she was a "vocaloid." I don't really care for them or the games, I just like her nendoroid figure :)

I like the projection concert stuff. That's pretty cool. I know she opened for Lady Gaga once.

Pardon me. But... what are they? :eek:

I like them but only certain songs. Other songs are too "robotic" sounding for my liking. But some songs are awesome! I personally like Rin Kagamine and GUMI best.

oh god a lot of vocaloid songs are really cringey u gotta dig deep to find good songs instead of miku singin about love or being embarrassed or suicidal (80% of vocaloid songs are like this). also i HATE engloid it is awful vocaloid sounds really bad using english voicebanks

a producer i recommend is pinocchiop in one of his newest albums he actually incorporated himself into a few of his songs instead of just miku and it sounds great!!

miku is my only fav vocaloid tho, everyone else sounds verrry strange to me idk why especially gumi i hate her. miku also has my fav colors all over (turquoise) and sounds amazing but her soft can get annoying

as for lyrics i cant really say much since im an american fan i dont understand them. although i do google them sometimes i dont think too much about it since like i said a lot of the lyrics are essentially the exact same kind. or at least after a while you get what the song is talking about. for vocaloid you kind of just have to like the sound of the song, especially if you dont understand japanese, for me at least

but as im getting older i actually find myself drifting farther apart from vocaloid and asian culture in general which im both happy and sad about.

these are all imo btw

I think they're cringey and barely music.

I really love Vocaloid and find a lot of comfort in it. I feel like no matter how you're feeling, there's a Vocaloid song for it.

I also really love the Project Diva games.

Don't really get what they are.

They're okay to listen to. I like a few Miku songs. But the fact that they exist and are popular indicates to me that humanity is on a downward slope

I have seen them before, and I've listened to one song but I'm not really interested in them. And I don't really get them

Ambivalence to be honest. Ever since Portal, I have actually enjoyed computerized covers of songs. Covered songs can actually be funny in a way. However, the fandom that surrounds vocaloids is a bit off putting. I do enjoy the MDD dancing programs that sometimes accompany vocaloids...if they are done well.

Back