What is your opinion on Vocaloids?

Poll: What is your opinion on Vocaloids?

• Love them

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Hate them

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • What are Vocaloids?

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
I love Vocaloid, fav type of music. I can listen to 2 seconds of the song and know which one it is no life :')

Last edited:
I've known about vocaloid since 2008, around the time miku came out, vocaloid was pretty unknown to the majority of people. I personally do not like the vocaloid voice, but I do love covers of their songs. Some Artist I love: Akiakane, clear, ask, gero, valshe,yamai,chor
This is a concert but the beginning song is wonderful I really love it, it makes me hyped xD , I only like 2 of the songs here just because I dont really like their vocals. I do love the story on some of the songs though, i'm very fond of the servant of evil series.

Valshe is great for genderbending, I believe she is a female, but plays both a male and female in songs.

If you like sexy sounding men, you will love gero, ughh mergurdd <3 servant of evil classical ver

If you like songs that make you wanan scream in hype Akiakane is great for loud songs

Yamai is amazing woman, her voice is soft, but so beautiful

Last edited:
I generally like them, and I think that artificial voice synthesizers should be more widely accepted as means for people who don't have a good voice to produce nice music, despite the moe animu bullcrabs that comes with Vocaloids in particular.

I used to be pretty into vocaloid music a while back, but I haven't really paid attention to them for a couple years now. If anyone wants to recommend any good songs to me, go right ahead :)

I've always found them to be cringeworthy. I'm not a fan of synthesizing instruments or vocals. Real instruments and voices sound better.

I would say "like them" but that's not an option? I didn't have much interest in them until I started playing Project Diva and Mirai games. There's some really catchy stuff. There's some pretty niche stuff too that I'm not a huge fan of. The lesser-known vocaloids typically don't sound very good to me, and the english ones are atrocious tbh.

But mannnnnn, if you don't allow yourself to jam to Weekender Girl, I feel sorry for you.

Can someone explain what it is exactly? I see the term all the time and I know it has something to do with singing but I don't really get it.

The most informative video to introduce someone to vocaloids is this one.

I think Vocaloid is a really amazing software that has allowed many ordinary people to write songs and have a voice for those songs, 'cause not every human can sing well, you know. And the fact that they have Vocaloids in languages other than Japanese is pretty neat, too.

I used to be really into it, but I've kinda just drifted away from the Vocaloid scene over the past year. I still listen to some of the songs I've enjoyed from time to time but not as often as I used to.

Last edited:
i was so into vocaloid 2011-2014 ghhhhh ., i never listen to vocaloid anymore but i still like it and some producers and songs are great. my favourite vocaloids are len, piko, ia and v-flower. i like miku and luka for english stuff. thw best voice imo is v-flower, then ia. idk if len's voice is that great but meh he's used in a lot of cool ways so

the worst vocaloids that are fairly well known are yohioloid (ew ), kaito (EW ok so onestly i Hate kaito so much his voice is gross?? everything he is used for is crap unless it is sung with someone else to drown him out?? pls kill kaito), and tbh oliver and gakupo, mostly because everything they are used for is Crap. oliver's english is rly not good i dont get why he has an english voicebank because his english is as bad as len's is... his voice is nice and his design is nice but the english is so bad idk why tbh

my favourite character designs are definitely piko and gumi !! and in some of the kagamine's songs they have the most beautiful clothes hggh i Die.

my fav producers are powapowaP, pinnocchio-p, vocaliod-p and hachi.

some of my fav songs are coward mont blanc w/ gumi, please give me my red pen, 1 year, lost one's weeping, Q, pretty much all from honeyworks (especially the teacher one), echo, error and probably a lit more ive forgotten hhhh.

i love how miku is used in the song b who i want 2 b it is Great.

im not actively into vocaloid anymore but yeah. the fans are the worst people ever Honestly, like go to any popular vocaloid song on youtube and check the comments. it will be filled with weebs and people who want to **** the 14 year old digital boy. (also people commenting that these songs are pure unlike western songs that are all about sex and alcohol ... because no vocaloid song is ever about anything related to sex or anything worse like pedophilia, cannibalism, child abuse, rape etc.)

hate them. hate their songs, hate the fanbase. the character designs are nice though and i have no problem if people listen to vocaloid but they tend to be so irritating
i used to listen to a few songs by a green haired girl (gummi or something) and that's fine i guess

Last edited:
I put "Don't know" because I simply don't care as much about them as I used to. I was obsessed with them back in 2012 but I hardly pay attention to them now.

I put "Don't Know" because I personally don't mind them, but at the same time they aren't very interesting to me, they don't bother me, but they wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to what music to listen to.

Ehhh so...I don't really like them.
Hatsune Miku is cute, sure, as are some of the other characters. But I've only heard two Vocaloid songs (one being a Kagamine Rin song) I felt I liked or were worth going back to. I've given whole albums a go and it just doesn't work for me.
My main issue is that they are so popular when they aren't even real characters with any kind of true personality or back story?? Why are there at least 20 different types of Hatsune Miku figures that come out every year?? I mean that's fine if you're a fan of hers but that just isn't necessary in my opinion...she's really just famous for being the 'face put with a voice'; it's whatever, I'm just saying how I feel and I think some of the figures are cute but I just feel Vocaloids aren't essentially anything; sure, characters are all fake and fictional but I feel Vocaloids are even less real for those reasons.

I like Vocaloid, but I'm not the biggest fan of all of the common "mainstream" voices everyone points to (Crypton produced libraries: Miku, Kaito, Meiko, Luka, Rin, Len...). I prefer the more realistic/closer-to-the-voice-provider voices such as Iroha, Sachiko, Gakupoid, Oliver (I own this voice), Dex, Daina, UNI, SeeU (this voice is more than likely edited or voice acted, compared to the voice provider herself), Yan He, Yuki, Yohioloid... They'll never replace the real human's voice box, but it's an interesting concept to not only preserve the voice, but also have access to a singer that can be a demo for a producer's potential professional piece. Yes, a lot of songs are amateur, juvenile, "cringeworthy," but the point is: potential producers who could be the next hit makers are getting their start somewhere (esp. Here in America where music and art programs are being axed on a regular basis).

Last edited:
The music makes me cringe, but as far as character design goes I guess they're alright. The 3D projection concerts are a neat idea that I'd love to see used elsewhere, those in particular fascinate me. But I can't stand the music, the voices kill it.

I chose that I love them. For the most part the designs are great, some of the songs are pretty good, and I think the hologram concerts are actually kinda cool. I wouldn't pay to go see them but I think the technology is neat.

I LOVE VOCALOIDS AND UTAU'S WITH EVERY FIBER IN MY BEING
im sorry im very passionate about them.
Heres some of my fav vocaloid songs/covers
I love otomachi una so much, but she isn't used by many. most of her songs are covers but she also recently got a really nice original song:
Rin and Len are some of my favorite all time vocaloids:
and IMO the most underrated vocaloid of all with an amazing voice bank:

Edit: how did i forget Dex and Daina omg
I want to post more of their songs but most of the ones i like are very adult oriented

(sorry for all the videos im very passionate about vocaloids and its 80% of the music i listen to)
Theres many other vocaloids i like as well
Galaco, GUMI, Fukase, IA ect. I also really like Miku, I bought her physical V4x release just to have it

I also have to say, I don't understand the stigma against them. Some vocaloids do sound robotic yes, but they have come a long way (i recommend comparing a V2 miku song to a V4x miku song for comparison since Miku has the most money put into her voice banks) and it kind of hurts to see that people hate them with a passion, ive gotten a lot of slack over the years for liking them and using them but I ain't stopping anytime soon.

Last edited:
Can't say I know much about them. I guess I'm mostly indifferent. I've heard some songs and while I didn't really like them, I didn't hate them either. They didn't make me want to listen to more of them.

I like it that they made covers of "Ievan polkka" though 'cause Idk it just seems so random to me

Last edited:
ok this is the first time i've ever heard of this and holy **** it makes me so uncomfortable lmfao

Back