• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Reassure me, please?

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
I'm sure there are hundreds of posts about grass/snow, but I sure would like an answer to this question. Is there grass under the snow? Meaning, if there is snow on the ground, does it definitely mean there is grass underneath? I have been working all winter to try to get rid of the bare spots in my town. I think they have shrunk or disappeared in alot of places, but there are still some bare spots.

Anyone? I'm too impatient to wait until the 25th of Feb to see.

Yes-- if snow shows up, that means that on Feb. 25 it will be replaced with grass.

Thank you so much! It's good to know that I made some progress against the dreaded grass deterioration these past few months!

Not completely sure about this but I also noticed that those spots that has snow are the same spots that has grass in non-winter seasons. As far as I know, there are dirt spots that you won't be able to get rid of since they're already there by default when you started the town.

Winter is a good time to check what spots in town are permanent dirt spots and what spots are grass... since snowfall eliminates all hope for dirt paths and leaves the big ugly patches very visible *sobs*

Thank you! Yeah, I've heard about those default dead spots. I don't like them. Of course, I don't know which are the dead spots, so I just keep watering all the bare spots.

You've heard the definition of insanity, haven't you? It's when you keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results! Hmmm...

Oh, what are some good ways of working with grass deterioration?

Planting a lot of plants, like trees, shrubs and flowers, and water them! at least that's what I did. o and don't run, it will ruin your grass and possibly your flowers if you run through them. Once snow falls, you'll see where perma dirt spots are ;-;

Back