• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Would You Do?

Tapeu

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Cake
Yoshi Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Candy
Let's say your significant other was stressed about your relationship, what would you do? just curious.

imo i would just want to talk and ask about what they're stressed about and try to find solutions.

Leave them to think. Let them know you are there for them if they need you, but don't put too much pressure on them.

depends on what exactly is stressing them out.

Give them time, the answer will probably pop up soon. :)
You should still support your significant other and let them know you are there for any problem.

get ready to leave the person, honestly. I'd leave Unless the s/o's problem can be truly solved easily. Like miscommunication. Most of the time problems stem from something deeper and rooted in personal beliefs or attitude, from experience and friends' experiences

Last edited:
get ready to leave the person, honestly. I'd leave Unless the s/o's problem can be truly solved easily. Like miscommunication. Most of the time problems stem from something deeper and rooted in personal beliefs or attitude, from experience and friends' experiences

If people left their partners whenever they were having a hard time, then what's the point? Relationships take work, especially through hard times. As long as there is communication and the will to work things out, then most of the time, you get the result you want. I mean, if my boyfriend took this advice, he should have dumped me long ago, since all my issues revolve around a hard childhood and problems with family, plus anxiety that causes panic attacks. Those things stress me out and it's extremely hard to work around sometimes.. But we're still going strong. I hope I misunderstood you, though, because I think that this is a sad way to think. To leave if the problem is too hard to solve.. :(

Try to talk to them and if they're being stand-offish about it then let them be until they're ready to talk, a good relationship is built on support and communication.

If people left their partners whenever they were having a hard time, then what's the point? Relationships take work, especially through hard times. As long as there is communication and the will to work things out, then most of the time, you get the result you want. I mean, if my boyfriend took this advice, he should have dumped me long ago, since all my issues revolve around a hard childhood and problems with family, plus anxiety that causes panic attacks. Those things stress me out and it's extremely hard to work around sometimes.. But we're still going strong. I hope I misunderstood you, though, because I think that this is a sad way to think. To leave if the problem is too hard to solve.. :(

I agree with you. This probably won't surprise you but I've never had a long term relationship. I am self centered for sure

sorry if I offended you. I realize I was a bit insensitive with my comment.

Last edited:
I agree with you. This probably won't surprise you but I've never had a long term relationship. I am self centered for sure

sorry if I offended you. I realize I was a bit insensitive with my comment.

You didn't offend me, don't worry, it just made me sad. I respect what you believe in, but it just isn't the advice I would give. Please don't think you offended me! We just have differing points of view.

I'd definitely ask why they felt stressed and I'd allow them to spill their heart out. Relationships are all about trust and listening to each other. If they needed space, I'd give them it to allow them to think and figure out their own feelings.

It truly just depends on the cause of the stress -- what is the root of all the stress?
I'd let them decide whether or not they want me to help, and I'd make sure they know that I'm always there for them.

I would ask them what is wrong. Sit them down and make them a cup of tea, and tell them to relax. I can usually tell when my s/o is worried about something, and its something that can be fixed with lots of love and care. But if they ever do get mad at me, I think it would be best to distance myself from them until they are ready to talk.

I'm not really sure what the stress is so it's hard to give an answer, but I guess just try to communicate.

Back