• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Little Things You Love About ACNL

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I thought this would be a nice idea for a thread!

I love when mainstreet gets dark and you can hear the sound of Kicks' sign swinging and the little spinney thing on top of the post office. I also love the way the villagers sing the town tune when they're happy.

Last edited:
Enjoy Sable's sewing sound. :p
Also, enjoy hearing some of the "themes" that plays when you talk to a villager. (Molly's is an example.)

I love the little things in it, such as all the villagers personalities and how much like humans they are.

Last edited:
i also like how villagers have their own little theme when you talk to them

I love when you sit down next to a villager on a bench and they just smile at you and look so happy ^_^

I love receiving letters from villagers replying to my letters , the sound of the sea at night and sitting next to villagers on a bench ;)

I love it when snooty villagers say that my character looks like a zombie whenever I play too much. It's like they actually know what's been going on irl that I lack sleep and need to take a break lol

Whenever you catch a bug and a villager is behind you, they will actually start clapping for you! I think that's soo adorable.

I agree with all of these. I also love the fact that villagers and special NPCs can sit in the cafe.

When you find two villagers sitting on the log bench watching the fire. Added a few tree stumps around the area so I could join in.
Another is getting that invite to sit when it time to end for the night. Sitting and watching the sunset is a beautiful way to end.

all the rain sounds are so wonderful. the whole game actually has a very rich soundscape, w the walking sounds, splashes, eating, planting things, catching bugs/fish, waterways, trees shaking, etc. i actually wish i could turn off the music sometimes and just listen to it and its complexity.

also tbh i think the lighting is really gorgeous. sometimes you get sunsets that feel so breathtaking, it's stunning :blush:

one of my favs is when you play music around a villager they clap for you

When you find two villagers sitting on the log bench watching the fire. Added a few tree stumps around the area so I could join in.
Another is getting that invite to sit when it time to end for the night. Sitting and watching the sunset is a beautiful way to end.

:O I've never seen two villagers sitting together on a bench before! That's possible?? Awe my life is not yet complete :(

It's awesome when a villager is in my house or I'm in theirs, when I play an instrument for a few seconds or a minute they start clapping! It's so cute! Also, when ever I do the "shrunk dance" everybody else does it with me! The developers of animal crossing sure paid attention to detail, detail, detail! :lemon:

When you run into your villagers at Main Street, or even another villager's house. Just love the little parts

The Soundtrackkkk (same for all AC games).

I like watching the sky change. Reading the funny things the villagers say when talking/in the mail. The way the animals react to the emotes.

When you go to a RV and sit in the driver's seat and press A you drive and the character in the RV looks shocked haha so adorable

I love that when you've been away for quite some time the villagers will take note of that and they'll mention it the next time you talk to them. It just makes you feel wanted and like you actually matter. Whereas in some games with AI, the AI act as if nothing ever happened. That's probably why I like this game so much because it actually gives the sense of closeness with the villagers.

Last edited:
i love the letters your 'mom' writes to you, and (in the older animal crossing games, sorry!! ^^) when pelly writes cute notices on the bulletin board about her tv shows c:

Back