• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Who else would rather see Kanto remakes than Sinnoh remakes?

TheEchoTimes

Proud ace nerd
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Mailbox
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I feel like I'm alone in this... Not only are the Kanto games more in need of a QoL update, but there's been WAY more hints for Kanto in the last two generations than for Hoenn and Sinnoh COMBINED.
Imagine Kanto with an expanded regional 'Dex, Mega Evolution (but not Z-Moves because Alolan lore, fam), trainer customization, an expanded role for the Sevii Islands in the plot, REGIONAL FORMS IN KANTO AND SEVII YAAAAS, maybe some expanded lore and perhaps even a PLOT???
Why ask for possibly mediocre Sinnoh remakes when Kanto can only move up from where it is? And imagine the SALES, especially if it's joint 3DS-Switch! #KANTOREMAKES2K17! WHO'S WITH ME?!

:( I even named my tumblr sinnohremake...........................
Jk, to each his own I guess? But like, we already saw a Kanto remake, I doubt that there'll be yet another remake of it without remaking the other gens yet. Or idk I'm not good with criticism lol, I just came to this thread because I like Sinnoh a lot and I pray for a good Sinnoh remake, if it'll ever happen. ; v;

Kanto has been done many times, so I guess that is why we don't feel it is needed. Plenty of people who like Kanto will just pick up Red and Blue, and start playing. If not those two, then Yellow, Firered, Leafgreen, and even to an extent in Gold/Silver and HG/SS.

Sinnoh on the other hand is distinctive as the oldest region that has not received any remakes.

I'd rather see an Unova remake than a Sinnoh remake. I really like the Unova region, so i'd love to see that more.

No thank you. We've had Fire Red and Leaf Green, we've revisited Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver, and just last year they rereleased Red, Blue, and Yellow on the 3DS. Eventually it becomes a bit too much and I have to wonder what they could offer at this point to make another Kanto game worthwhile. I have some affection for Kanto since I started with Red and Blue back in the 90s, but the region overall is pretty bland.

"Hey guys, guess what! You can use Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle again!" isn't a very compelling sales pitch considering they were available after beating Red in HGSS and thrown at you early on when playing X & Y.

Pretty much the only reason to revisit Kanto that seems halfway interesting at this point ties into the end of Sun & Moon, but I don't feel that it is necessary to go back to Kanto for that. You can just encounter the
in another future game in a different region.

I'm more interested in revisiting an updated Sinnoh that doesn't lag as badly as D/P/Pt did. It would also be nice to actually be able to use the Underground as it was intended, since I got Platinum years after its release and didn't have compatible wi-fi for the DS Lite.

It would be nice to see Kanto in the graphical style of recent games BUT I don't want that to replace a slot that could be taken by another new generation, or another remake.

Multiverse lore does not allow for another kanto remake :(

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind either remake, although I want Sinnoh more. I had been wondering whether Sinnoh or Kanto remakes would be next considering how long ago FireRed and LeafGreen were released. However, now that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green (Green in Japan) are on Virtual Console and the Pokemon from them can be sent to Pokemon Bank and then to Sun and Moon, I don't think it's going to be Kanto remakes next...

I'd rather see an Unova remake than a Sinnoh remake. I really like the Unova region, so i'd love to see that more.
It will probably happen one day, but not until after Sinnoh gets remakes since it came before Unova.
It would also be nice to actually be able to use the Underground as it was intended, since I got Platinum years after its release and didn't have compatible wi-fi for the DS Lite.
That part didn't use Wi-fi. It used local wireless. All you need is two or more DS systems and two or more games. (which have to be Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum) Just make sure none of them have their base in the exact same location. My brother and I made that mistake.

Last edited:
Spot the genwunner. lol.

Anyways i don't think they won't and a gen 4 remake seems more likely, i didn't like gen 4 and never played it but it'd but interesting to see what they would do with it.

I'd personally prefer to play a Sinnoh remake, but I could see another Kanto remake being made next either. I mean a Sinnoh remake would make more sense but then again, Sinnoh games can still be played on the current hardware whereas GBA games like FR/LG aren't compatible with the 3DS.

Kanto has been done a lot already and tbh, I'm sick of the region cause of this. I'd definitely prefer Sinnoh remakes.

Kanto has been done a lot already and tbh, I'm sick of the region cause of this. I'd definitely prefer Sinnoh remakes.

I have to agree. Kanto was just as overdone as Ocarina of Time (Zelda). I'm also tired of remakes in films and games.

There are already a lot of Kanto remakes...

Red and Blue
Gold, Silver, and Crystal
Fire Red and Leaf Green
Heart Gold and Soul Silver
Red and Blue VC

And Sinnoh is still only on Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum on DS.

There needs to be a Gen 4 remake.

That's kind of greedy, isn't it? Gen 1 already had remakes and a re-release for the VC. Let the other generations receive some love.

I dunno, I've never really been too much for the Kanto games. The original Red, Blue, and Yellow all feel really clunky to play. I have firered, and I didn't really get a lot of enjoyment out of it either.

The only iteration of Kanto I really liked was the HGSS version of it, it felt a lot more lively in that one.

Would prefer not to have any remakes this Gen.
Rather have it held for Gen 8, where I hope Diamond and Pearl get remakes.
Also, I enjoyed HG/SS more then FG and RBY combined...

I'd much prefer a Sinnoh remake, THEN a Kanto remake (Pokemon Sea Blue instead of two versions).

Back