Leif
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Am I the only one who just wants to chop down all trees and dig up all bushes and just start over with the landscaping??

Oh...I can't restart my town...I have all but the fortune teller unlocked and my catalog is almost full...lol

i wanted to but couldn't be bothered so reset and kept my catalog + got 60mil bells c:

I'll probably just start over if I feel that regardless if I already unlocked everything, but thankfully I haven't yet. As for chopping trees and digging up the flowers and all from default, I do that gradually as I build public works and landscape the area.

In my other town Chocolat, I'm planning to redo the lower part of town.

I couldn't...but I work on landscaping almost every day. So a lot has changed since I got the town 10 months ago.

Oh...I can't restart my town...I have all but the fortune teller unlocked and my catalog is almost full...lol

If you sell your town you can keep your catalogue (and PWP list). I tried to chop down all the trees, demolish PWPs and relandscape my first town I made in 2013, but I didn't know where to start and I was too unmotivated so I just reset and sold my town. It's easy enough to landscape again when you have your PWP list ;D just waiting to unlock the shops is annoying but you can always buy other landscaping goods off members here if you're impatient to wait for Leif

Last edited:
this was me and i did this every time and reset my town/redid everything before i just said **** it and used hacks now my town is perfect but i think hacking definitely takes away from a lot of the 'animal crossing' aspects of the game.

i wanted to but couldn't be bothered so reset and kept my catalog + got 60mil bells c:

Oh...I forgot we can do that now. Had a brain fart. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you sell your town you can keep your catalogue (and PWP list). I tried to chop down all the trees, demolish PWPs and relandscape my first town I made in 2013, but I didn't know where to start and I was too unmotivated so I just reset and sold my town. It's easy enough to landscape again when you have your PWP list ;D just waiting to unlock the shops is annoying but you can always buy other landscaping goods off members here if you're impatient to wait for Leif

Yeah...I forgot we are able to do that with the update...lol

I just posted about this. I am doing this plus destroying all the PWP I can and doing that over as well. Sigh. I feel like my biggest issue is the millions of flowers I have everywhere. Like, seriously everywhere. It's overwhelming.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh...I forgot we can do that now. Had a brain fart. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah...I forgot we are able to do that with the update...lol
Wait, WHAT???

Sometimes i do wish this.. but I have all my dreamies, almost full catalog, sets from Gracie and unlocked all the shops. I have a farm of trees in the northwest area of my town and 2 of my dreamies decided to move into the farm. My ponds get in the way of some of my paths too >:c

I just posted about this. I am doing this plus destroying all the PWP I can and doing that over as well. Sigh. I feel like my biggest issue is the millions of flowers I have everywhere. Like, seriously everywhere. It's overwhelming.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, WHAT???

With the new update we are allowed to sell our towns and keep our catalogs. I just did it and got 24,440,560 bells put into the bank of my new town. Plus I kept my catalog. :)

I can never settle on a single theme for my town, well not really a theme. I literally can't stand having different coloured flowers in one section of the town. I have to have my whole town covered in a certain colour variety and with the changing of the seasons, I'm always changing the colours of my flowers because pink doesn't look that wonderful in an autumn town. I just want to dig everything up and start again but I can't commit to that.

I'm about to be going on this route when the grass comes back...I reset for the 4th time in all my time playing New Leaf two months ago and I sold my last town...a big thing is I'm just waiting for certain PWPs like the windmill. But I am getting rid of a lot of the shrubs, PWPs and paths I thought looked good; it was a bit sloppy but I think and hope a somewhat clean slate will help me make a town a really like and be ok with not resetting again some day.

While my newest town, I've put the most effort into it in a shorter amount of time; I do what I can with my museum, take time to write letters to all my villagers, and I got Katrina's store (+she gave me the celebration hat today, I didn't know that was something that happened!) so, so far everything's been worth it, I'd say.

Last edited:
Yes. I spent the whole two years I played my last town constantly rebuilding everything one million times and hated my town every second. Currently working on my new town. I think if I knew about the villagers now don't move on paths before I reset I could've made my original town work but eh. Can't say I regret it at all my new town is slowly but nicely falling into place.

Back