• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you regret buying?

I'm a huge impulse buyer, I really regret a lot of purchases, like I regret getting the Splatoon amiibo just for ACNL... as soon as I loaded one into the campsite and visited I realized I don't really care for the villagers or the items they have...(Well Inkwell is kinda cute) so it was kind of a dumb impulse thing while I was buying cards which I did need and want, should have just bought more of those...

Omg. I don't like to think I'm an impulse buyer but I probably am when I think of all the crap I've bought because I liked it at the time and never use now...
I bought about 3 maccano sets, sets as in 3 cases full of meccano that would build these great motorised structures...all stored under my bed now, not been looked at in 3 years. Model ships I started to build and gave up on, games I've bought for the DS and never played. It's the money I regret spending more than anything ;)

It's not often I regret a purchase. To this day, the only thing I can really think of was Ocarina of Time 3D. Money was limited (as it is for me now) and I wanted a 3DS game. It was the only 3DS game of interest at the time (June 2011). I thought it would be cool to have a remake of one of my favorite games on a handheld. I was wrong, the game was so lazy. Somehow it is actually remade, but it doesn't for even one second look like it. It looks like a remastered port with new textures and a new model here and there. It doesn't feel even .1% different from the original OOT and did absolutely nothing different, absolutely nothing to bring the game into 2011. Plus, they didn't even remake the music - a trend that has very pathetically carried on with all Zelda remakes and remastered ports.

This is all inexcusable for a game that has been rereleased in its original format a hundred different times and was easily available to obtain at the time on the Wii. $40 is a lot for a whole lot of nothing.

I'd say Animal Crossing City Folk, too, but my parents bought that one for me.

I regret buying too many Pok?mon Merchandise. Forgive me if you think I should've bought anime merchandise >.<

I regret buying so many Steam cards (20 USD ones) because I bought games I barely played.. and I mostly played the free to play games. :l

It's not often I regret a purchase. To this day, the only thing I can really think of was Ocarina of Time 3D. Money was limited (as it is for me now) and I wanted a 3DS game. It was the only 3DS game of interest at the time (June 2011). I thought it would be cool to have a remake of one of my favorite games on a handheld. I was wrong, the game was so lazy. Somehow it is actually remade, but it doesn't for even one second look like it. It looks like a remastered port with new textures and a new model here and there. It doesn't feel even .1% different from the original OOT and did absolutely nothing different, absolutely nothing to bring the game into 2011. Plus, they didn't even remake the music - a trend that has very pathetically carried on with all Zelda remakes and remastered ports.

This is all inexcusable for a game that has been rereleased in its original format a hundred different times and was easily available to obtain at the time on the Wii. $40 is a lot for a whole lot of nothing.

I'd say Animal Crossing City Folk, too, but my parents bought that one for me.

Except, to be fair, Ocarina of Time 3D is not a remake. It's a remaster :p it's pretty much just upgraded graphics and added details. It wasn't advertised to be a completely new game. And I have to disagree with you on the music. The music that's on the game originally are classics and I would have been mad if they changed the music, of all things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I regret buying a few of my action figures :(

Buying things for myself before Christmas, like Amiibo Card packs. If I didn't do that, then i'd probably have enough to buy the Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I kinda regret spending $34 on my Sanrio cards because I could buy another copy of AC:NL for that much money. I really adore the villagers and the furniture that come with the cards though so I feel like that balances it out.

Most of my Steam library is regrettable. I used to have no self-control when it came to spending, especially when games went on sale.

I regret buying a ton of eShop cards just to get some badges in the Nintendo Badge Arcade.

Except, to be fair, Ocarina of Time 3D is not a remake. It's a remaster :p it's pretty much just upgraded graphics and added details. It wasn't advertised to be a completely new game.

It *was* advertised as a remake, and it is, begrudgingly for me to state, a remake. It most certainly does not look like one... However, when one does a screenshot to screenshot comparison, you will see that the environments are actually remade. That's the most painful part of this, actually. They remade everything to resemble the N64 version. The environments are all just as blocky as ever and look like they were never actually remade, but they were. I can not understand why a company would go through so much effort just to make it look like no effort was put in whatsoever.

The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are remastered ports. Frustratingly enough Nintendo also advertised them as full-on remakes, even though they aren't.

And I have to disagree with you on the music. The music that's on the game originally are classics and I would have been mad if they changed the music, of all things.

This is a bad excuse. Ocarina of Time's MIDIs were outdated by well over a decade when OOT3D was released (and the time between 1998 and 2011 was a MAJOR time for technology to allow for higher quality OST output). I don't care how "classic" they are. Being "classic" does not mean that you get to release a remake 12 or so years after the original release and just use the same OST. This game is a remake, not a rerelease. Releasing the same OST on a remake is lazy and inexcusable. OOT's OST was great for a 1998 game. It will always be great, but OOT3D is not a 1998 game. It was developed in at earliest the late 2000s (probably not even that).

I mean in Pokemon games, they always fully remake the OSTs. Do the individual songs always stack up to the originals IMO? No... But that's not the point, the point is that effort was put into the game, and a new OST does a whole lot to help a customer of the original title feel like they're getting their money's worth with this remake. The OST is ever present. Leaving it exactly the same is a killer. It takes a whole lot away from a game even beginning to feel like an actual remake.

For people who not accept the change of an OST, I wonder why in the world they're buying a remake. As I stated before, when OOT3D was released, the original OOT was readily available to purchase through the VC on the Wii. It's now available in more formats. The purists have their pure original. A remake does not change the original.

Nintendo with the release of games like OOT3D, MM3D, WWHD and TPHD really have this strong ideal going that they are perfect and need absolutely no improvement. It's really making Nintendo look out-of-touch. When Square-Enix can release remastered ports of Kingdom Hearts titles in COLLECTIONS which drop in price very fast, yet have the same quality of visual remaster as TPHD , while having fully-remade OSTs that use actual real orchestral instruments something is wrong.

Last edited:
i bought the walking dead: michonne game on steam bc it was on sale for like ?3 , so i suppose it was good for what i paid but i finished it in like four hours and it was a bit boring imo

I buy sooo much crap that I don't need so idk like everything I buy pretty much

this 10mg adderall pill from a classmate to study, after 1 hour i still feel absolutely nothing. like im procrastinating right now....so annoying.

I rarely regret something I buy except during those times when I bought something expensive thinking that I need to have that thing as soon as possible only to find out weeks after that I should've saved the money for something more urgent like getting a hold of this particular item because they might ran out of stocks sooner.

some games ove never played cuz my conputer sucks
also some vlothes i boght when i was like 10-13 bc i was a meds identity wise and didnt knlw how who tf i was so yeh idk

some clothes that i think look good but i just never wear
got a KMFDM jacket a month ago but it's too small... it does fit but it's uncomfortable and the material isn't that nice. silly me, costed ?50
i have a lot of useless stuff in my room with lots of mirrors, pillows, dolls and teddy bears and other weird collectables. i love them but i've bought too much!
& i regret levelling up on steam years back, it's so pointless. there were a few games where i just blindly bought and ended up playing them for like a minute

i also bought a black windbreaker for ?50 on etsy and it hasn't arrived yet although the owner contacted me apologising that they didn't see my order. that was about 4 weeks ago though so i hope it comes soon, otherwise it's another complete waste.

Back