Mafia Dethy 7: Just a short game- Mafia Win!

Apoligies for lateness, internet suddenly died on me

Night 0

Dolby was working at the arctic research station with his team of 8 and was reviewing some records. The online records had been mysteriously deleted, but some of the paper files were still there. While investigating them, he failed to notice the door open and the footsteps behind him. He had to little time left to hear the gunshot

Dolby the Detective died.

You have 12 hours to send in actions. Detectives can send in investigations, but mafia and the vigilante cannot kill on night 0. Night ends at 11 pm PST

/investigate Rory&Easton was great friends with Dolby. I always see them paired up in cases. Maybe something happened between the two that ruined their great friendship?

Since this is the first game in a long time here at TBT, I'm not so sure the initial Question Stage is very important or valid. but if someone wants to, you can set one up and ask around to get things rolling

How many forum mafia games has everyone here played before, on TBT or no? Just wondering to see who here is experienced.
(I believe this is my 10th game on TBT)

/investigate Rory&Easton was great friends with Dolby. I always see them paired up in cases. Maybe something happened between the two that ruined their great friendship?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume this is your first game

[Glitch fix]

Since this is the first game in a long time here at TBT, I'm not so sure the initial Question Stage is very important or valid. but if someone wants to, you can set one up and ask around to get things rolling

How many forum mafia games has everyone here played before, on TBT or no? Just wondering to see who here is experienced.
(I believe this is my 10th game on TBT)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume this is your first game

Yes. My first game. Dolby and I talked about the rules about investigations.

well as Jacob has played with everyone on that list but Raskell and Rory, I'm assuming that question is mostly directed at them.
Welcome to TBT Mafia to you both!

@raskell this isn't really a roleplay like I think you may have taken it for... you send investigations in privately to Dolby by PM. Maybe re-read the rules to get clarification?

Yea, Raskell for future reference - Every time you want to make either an investigation (for detectives) or a shot (for Vigilantes or Mafia), you would send that action privately to the host, Dolby. Even by your first post it seems like your understanding of how investigations work is still unclear and I recommend asking Dolby to explain a little more...

However since this is a 7 player game with 7 power roles, the mafia already know that Raskell would have been a blue role. Since this is your first game, fake soft claiming as a detective probably wouldn't be something that you would think to do, so you made the game a little easier for town's behalf. And considering mafia and big cannot shoot until N1, you are safe to investigate someone tonight and reveal your findings in Day1 to help even more. Good start I guess

Oh wow this started. Anyway, for those who are new you can call me Ness. This is a Dethy game, so we have 5 power roles and 2 mafia goons.

Starting off, we have a derp claim (not that its necessarily bad) from Raskell:

I'm pretty sure Raskell wasn't very clear on what the rules of mafia are when they made this post, as Jacob stated in an earlier post. Given that this is Raskell's first game, I'm leaning towards the notion that Raskell might honestly be one of our 4 detectives. Not necessarily bad, but this gives us extra room to deduce who the mafia might be. Raskell also spoke about a private conversation with the host Dolby, further backing up the claim:
Yes. My first game. Dolby and I talked about the rules about investigations.

A 1st time player would likely have felt more quiet about making an action, so we have our first lead of some sort.

How we should organize investigations

This is a DETHY game. In order for us to find out who our scum players are, we're going to have to have a system for our investigations from the detectives. Any investigation we receive is not reliable unless we figure out what sanities the detectives are, and thats easier said than done. Not to mention that the mafia are also likely to pretend to be detectives as well, so that stirs up the pot even more.

I suggest we all speak out who we're investigating during the night, so that we can orgainze the results more effectively. Heres an example:

Playerlist
1. Jacob- INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE
2. Ness-INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE
3. Rory&Easton-INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE
4. Tom-INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE
5. Heyden-INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE
6. Toadsworthy-INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE
7. Raskell-INVESTIGATED: EXAMPLE

This way, we can keep tabs on who has what. This is usually the system of organization we use for most Dethy games.

For tonight, I'm going to be investigating Jacob since he has been the most vocal as of yet.

I will investigate N e s s.

I will investigate N e s s.

Lol, love you bae <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, the easiest way to determine sanities is to know who is and isn't the naive/paranoid cops are. If you get a town invest N0, you're not the Paranoid cop. If you get a mafia invest N0, you're not the naive cop.

So yeah, we can use this as our first basis for determining the sanities.

I'll investigate toadsworthy since he wants me to cash him osside. How bow dah?

So we don't know if they're actually investigating that person? <.>

So we don't know if they're actually investigating that person? <.>

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I'll explain:

Everyone is saying who they investigate at night. In the morning, we're to state whether the person we investigated is either Town or Mafia. With the system I set it, we have a chance at determining who the scum are within a few days.

Tfw you use the wrong format because you forgot what it looks like

I think we should use this for deducing the sanities:

1. Jacob: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
2. Ness: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
3. Rory&Easton: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
4. Tom: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
5. Heyden: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
6. Toadsworthy: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
7. Raskell: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop

If someone is confirmed to not be a certain kind of cop (such as maybe paranoid or naive) then we do a little cross like this : example

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Heyden better get his a$$ in this thread and investigate someone

Tfw you use the wrong format because you forgot what it looks like

I think we should use this for deducing the sanities:

1. Jacob: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
2. Ness: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
3. Rory&Easton: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
4. Tom: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
5. Heyden: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
6. Toadsworthy: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop
7. Raskell: Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Paranoid Cop

If someone is confirmed to not be a certain kind of cop (such as maybe paranoid or naive) then we do a little cross like this : example

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Heyden better get his a$$ in this thread and investigate someone

Meh. I think Dolby knows what he's doing.

Back