-

my......god.....
looking at your gallery, I gasped every time I scrolled down to a new piece. your work is incredible!!! you are extremely talented!
I have never bought art for rlc, unfortunately that's something I can't afford, so I really couldn't help you with pricing - but I can offer my opinion on your gorgeous paintings!
You mentioned the Cobie Smulders piece if your favorite - mine too. The colors are absolutely stunning, the way you drew her eyes is incredible, vibrant and luminous, like the whole piece. The tones are insanely pretty and the background flows perfectly with it, it's stunning!
speaking of backgrounds, I think you have a real gift for them. The ones you painted on the Game of Thrones pieces are just as beautiful, once again the colors fit perfectly and the textures are really pretty, they contrast so well with the details you put into the characters. (and wow, those details - you capture them so well, the likeness is amazing!)
as for the last piece, I love it a lot too. I like how the background mixes with her face and blends in, like her hair becomes one with your brushes, and the blue and pink really go well together. Again, the details you drew into her eyes gives it a little something that makes the whole work a really emotional piece.
If you want to post more of your work, I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
I hope you can find what you're looking for, in pricing. I'm sorry I can't offer advice on this, but I know you definitely should consider selling and doing comissions, because your work is incredible. I know if I could afford it, I would absolutely buy something from you!
good luck and keep up the good work :)

If you are talking TBT, I would say about a million+ <3 LOL. If you mean RLC, upwards of $100+ or more even

your art is absolutely stunning!! O: I'm really amazed by how you're able to capture all the facial structures of the references you used asdflkjs ; H ; !!!!
for pricing, I don't think anyone's really offered portraits like that for tbt so I have no idea how to price it, but for real life $$, you might want to reference some artists who do semi-real/realism on deviantart! Here's one of my friends who does semi-realism commissions, she charges 43usd for a headshot. Here's two more artists who does semi-real commissions: one two

generally speaking though, the price usually goes up (or down) in relation to the popularity of the artist due to the premium that people are willing to pay (if that makes any sense?) - but that's really just the case on deviantart //laughs
I suggest maybe starting off with a price around 35-50usd price range first (for headshots), then increase it bit by bit once you get used to doing commissions?
But like I said, I'm mostly just an art hunter/lurker on deviantart so the opinions I'm giving are pretty site-specific haha;; People on etsy might be willing to pay more for what you're offering!

goodluck with your portrait commissions! ` 7`)n

wow your art is beyond like anything people could pay in tbt haha
most people find it hard to pay with rlc on here let alone like the price that yours will be at which i think proabbly aroudn 100+
if you really want tbt i think around 3k at the least but it depends on how long it takes you to do a commision
you can sell for less to get more customers or sell for more, get less customers but more tbt.

my......god.....
looking at your gallery, I gasped every time I scrolled down to a new piece. your work is incredible!!! you are extremely talented!
I have never bought art for rlc, unfortunately that's something I can't afford, so I really couldn't help you with pricing - but I can offer my opinion on your gorgeous paintings!
You mentioned the Cobie Smulders piece if your favorite - mine too. The colors are absolutely stunning, the way you drew her eyes is incredible, vibrant and luminous, like the whole piece. The tones are insanely pretty and the background flows perfectly with it, it's stunning!
speaking of backgrounds, I think you have a real gift for them. The ones you painted on the Game of Thrones pieces are just as beautiful, once again the colors fit perfectly and the textures are really pretty, they contrast so well with the details you put into the characters. (and wow, those details - you capture them so well, the likeness is amazing!)
as for the last piece, I love it a lot too. I like how the background mixes with her face and blends in, like her hair becomes one with your brushes, and the blue and pink really go well together. Again, the details you drew into her eyes gives it a little something that makes the whole work a really emotional piece.
If you want to post more of your work, I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
I hope you can find what you're looking for, in pricing. I'm sorry I can't offer advice on this, but I know you definitely should consider selling and doing comissions, because your work is incredible. I know if I could afford it, I would absolutely buy something from you!
good luck and keep up the good work :)

AWWWWWW ADJSKFDHSJKFHSJK

Thank you so so much, you just made my day! I don't mind that you couldn't help with the pricing - you taking time out of your day to write something like this ;_; I can't!!! You are TOO SWEET Thank you so much angel <3
I'm glad that you like Colbie's portrait as much as I do! Hehe thank you for the compliment, I had so much fun with that background!
I was unsure about the backgrounds in the GoT portraits, but you saying that just warms my heart :')
And if you'd like to see more, I was actually thinking of maybe posting a thread here later with most of my paintings and my social media links once everything is set up ^-^
BUT DON'T APOLOGIZE CAUSE YOU'RE JUST A CUTIE aaaaaaahh tysm i can't people are too nice here

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you are talking TBT, I would say about a million+ <3 LOL. If you mean RLC, upwards of $100+ or more even

Awwww aren't you sweet haha!! I did mean RLC, perhaps I should have specified that...? Whoopsie
Anyway, thank you so much for giving your opinion, it means a lot! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

your art is absolutely stunning!! O: I'm really amazed by how you're able to capture all the facial structures of the references you used asdflkjs ; H ; !!!!
for pricing, I don't think anyone's really offered portraits like that for tbt so I have no idea how to price it, but for real life $$, you might want to reference some artists who do semi-real/realism on deviantart! Here's one of my friends who does semi-realism commissions, she charges 43usd for a headshot. Here's two more artists who does semi-real commissions: one two

generally speaking though, the price usually goes up (or down) in relation to the popularity of the artist due to the premium that people are willing to pay (if that makes any sense?) - but that's really just the case on deviantart //laughs
I suggest maybe starting off with a price around 35-50usd price range first (for headshots), then increase it bit by bit once you get used to doing commissions?
But like I said, I'm mostly just an art hunter/lurker on deviantart so the opinions I'm giving are pretty site-specific haha;; People on etsy might be willing to pay more for what you're offering!

goodluck with your portrait commissions! ` 7`)n

Adjslkdjs thank you so much!! I do spend a lot of time making sure everything looks right, I have so much fun doing the eyes especially ^-^
Thank you! I did find quite a few artists that did a style similar to mine, only they were a bit popular so I didn't know if they were such a good reference in my case, since I'm just starting out. Thank you so much for those links! Your friend is really talented :3

Yes absolutely you do make sense, and I completely agree. I know the first ones I'm gonna do I'm not gonna charge as much, just to get the flow of it as I'm starting out- but even then I wasn't sure what to charge haha, I don't want to underprice nor overprice! But don't worry about being site-specific, I'm really familiar with dA and I'm just about to create my account actually! ^-^

Thank you so much for your help love! I truly appreciate it <3 Xo

- - - Post Merge - - -

wow your art is beyond like anything people could pay in tbt haha
most people find it hard to pay with rlc on here let alone like the price that yours will be at which i think proabbly aroudn 100+
if you really want tbt i think around 3k at the least but it depends on how long it takes you to do a commision
you can sell for less to get more customers or sell for more, get less customers but more tbt.

Haha aw thank you for the compliment! I did mean rlc, I wouldn't work 10 hours to get tbt haha! There's not enough things I could buy on here :p Lots of collectibles maybe? ;) Thank you so much for your input! <3 Xo

These are really spectacular! I would definitely say at least $80-$200, always remember what you're selling is the work you put into it, so $80 would be $8 an hour for your work, but because of the quality I wouldn't take any less than that. If you ever do prints of these you could easily do $50-$80 depending on the size and materials, I definitely suggest you open a print shop for them because they're gorgeous and would look fab on a wall!

Also on a different note, if you ever do any kind of streaming while you work on these I would LOVE to watch, or even if you recorded the process and make a sped up version to stick on youtube. I know me, and tons of other people, would totally watch, and hey if you made those videos and got enough traffic you could even make a little bit of money off advertising from youtube! =D

AWWWWWW ADJSKFDHSJKFHSJK

Thank you so so much, you just made my day! I don't mind that you couldn't help with the pricing - you taking time out of your day to write something like this ;_; I can't!!! You are TOO SWEET Thank you so much angel <3
I'm glad that you like Colbie's portrait as much as I do! Hehe thank you for the compliment, I had so much fun with that background!
I was unsure about the backgrounds in the GoT portraits, but you saying that just warms my heart :')
And if you'd like to see more, I was actually thinking of maybe posting a thread here later with most of my paintings and my social media links once everything is set up ^-^
BUT DON'T APOLOGIZE CAUSE YOU'RE JUST A CUTIE aaaaaaahh tysm i can't people are too nice here

You're very welcome! I meant every word! <3
If you do create a thread with your work, I'll definitely look forward to seeing it! :)

These are really spectacular! I would definitely say at least $80-$200, always remember what you're selling is the work you put into it, so $80 would be $8 an hour for your work, but because of the quality I wouldn't take any less than that. If you ever do prints of these you could easily do $50-$80 depending on the size and materials, I definitely suggest you open a print shop for them because they're gorgeous and would look fab on a wall!

Also on a different note, if you ever do any kind of streaming while you work on these I would LOVE to watch, or even if you recorded the process and make a sped up version to stick on youtube. I know me, and tons of other people, would totally watch, and hey if you made those videos and got enough traffic you could even make a little bit of money off advertising from youtube! =D

I 100% agree with Kaydee. These are asking to be printed and sold. These are meant to be hung up on walls in homes and areas for people to see. And the thing about prints is that, people can just order ones they like that you've already done and you wouldn't be pressured to have to churn out commissions for people. The last one, for example, is Lana Del Ray I think (? I'm honestly not sure with exactly how celebrities look unless they are ones I am personally interested in lmfao). But the point is that, I can definitely see people wanting that in their room ASAP.

I seriously adore the way your brush strokes look. And I love how, in the Maleficent one, you can see the concentration is on the face and almost everything else looks ethereal. Gorgeous! Amazing work, seriously.

Hi! Aw thank you very much!
Yes exactly, people always say "take at least the minimum wage in your country x number of hours you're working on a piece". Knowing that, since in Canada the minimum wage is 11.50$ I would have to charge at the very least 100$, but I didn't know if people would be willing to pay that. So I thought I would create this thread to get some opinions ^-^
I am actually about to open my Etsy shop to sell prints! To start I will offer them in 8 x 10 inches, superb quality (I just bought myself a professional printer), and I think I'm gonna sell them for around 30-40$ each!

And yes definitely, doing process videos is one thing I've always wanted to do! It's nice to see people would be interested in seeing that :3

Thank you so much for giving your opinions! You've been a great help :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're very welcome! I meant every word! <3
If you do create a thread with your work, I'll definitely look forward to seeing it! :)

Thank you again! I'm definitely going to do that! ^-^

I 100% agree with Kaydee. These are asking to be printed and sold. These are meant to be hung up on walls in homes and areas for people to see. And the thing about prints is that, people can just order ones they like that you've already done and you wouldn't be pressured to have to churn out commissions for people. The last one, for example, is Lana Del Ray I think (? I'm honestly not sure with exactly how celebrities look unless they are ones I am personally interested in lmfao). But the point is that, I can definitely see people wanting that in their room ASAP.

I seriously adore the way your brush strokes look. And I love how, in the Maleficent one, you can see the concentration is on the face and almost everything else looks ethereal. Gorgeous! Amazing work, seriously.

Thank you so much! It means a lot! I'm about to start selling prints, so you saying that is really reassuring! Thank you :)
And yes the last one is Lana del Rey haha!

Thank you for the compliments! :3 I truly appreciate it :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is incredible man, good work. These are so pleasing to look at lol

Aw dood thank you so much! You're too nice!

Hi! Aw thank you very much!
Yes exactly, people always say "take at least the minimum wage in your country x number of hours you're working on a piece". Knowing that, since in Canada the minimum wage is 11.50$ I would have to charge at the very least 100$, but I didn't know if people would be willing to pay that. So I thought I would create this thread to get some opinions ^-^
I am actually about to open my Etsy shop to sell prints! To start I will offer them in 8 x 10 inches, superb quality (I just bought myself a professional printer), and I think I'm gonna sell them for around 30-40$ each!

And yes definitely, doing process videos is one thing I've always wanted to do! It's nice to see people would be interested in seeing that :3

Thank you so much for giving your opinions! You've been a great help
That's awesome! And like Steph said the prints can be cheaper like how you've priced them especially for the smaller size, but for sure if you did commissions you'd want to charge the minimum wage at least. Cause with the prints instead of the original artwork you can make that amount multiple times over and this make at least the pay for your work you put in.

And yes yes yes, if you ever do stream or make videos I'd love to see!

I really love the way you have mastered the digital medium great job!!!
As for the price I would definitely agree that you should count the price by hours, you don't have to go by the minimum, whatever you think you would deserve, perhaps imagine yourself doing a different job (not art related) and think how much you would like to get for that. If you really want to have art as profession you should really look at it as a job and not a hobby!

It also really depends on what kind of work you want to do and how you would like to advertise yourself. So far you have been working only based off photos but I think the most easy first cash from online orders would be original characters. They will not really have a real photo attached so perhaps try to see what you can do by drawing a cartoon character in a realistic form.

But if that is not something you want to do then of course advertise yourself as a portrait artist from photos, there is a big group of people who would love to have their loved ones painted by you. In reality I don't think that there are a lot of people who would like a realistically painted celebrity or actor specifically for them. But perhaps that is just me.

One issue with your work though. Do you trace the photos or do you reference? Because I overlaid a few of your paintings with the originals and they were exact copies, pixel to pixel, even shading starts and varies pixel to pixel. I know what photorealism is but artists who only reference can do the best photorealistic works but their work will always be a bit off, most of the time only seen if you really digitally overlay the original and the painting. So if you trace then I would say cut down your costs by at least 20% because that is kind of similar to cheating your customer, that is not what photorealism is about. But if you genuinely don't do that then congratulations, you are doing a magnificent job

That's awesome! And like Steph said the prints can be cheaper like how you've priced them especially for the smaller size, but for sure if you did commissions you'd want to charge the minimum wage at least. Cause with the prints instead of the original artwork you can make that amount multiple times over and this make at least the pay for your work you put in.

And yes yes yes, if you ever do stream or make videos I'd love to see!

I'll probably make another thread later with all my links, so if you'd like to see videos keep an eye out for that ;)
Thank you for your support! Xo

I really love the way you have mastered the digital medium great job!!!
As for the price I would definitely agree that you should count the price by hours, you don't have to go by the minimum, whatever you think you would deserve, perhaps imagine yourself doing a different job (not art related) and think how much you would like to get for that. If you really want to have art as profession you should really look at it as a job and not a hobby!

It also really depends on what kind of work you want to do and how you would like to advertise yourself. So far you have been working only based off photos but I think the most easy first cash from online orders would be original characters. They will not really have a real photo attached so perhaps try to see what you can do by drawing a cartoon character in a realistic form.

But if that is not something you want to do then of course advertise yourself as a portrait artist from photos, there is a big group of people who would love to have their loved ones painted by you. In reality I don't think that there are a lot of people who would like a realistically painted celebrity or actor specifically for them. But perhaps that is just me.

One issue with your work though. Do you trace the photos or do you reference? Because I overlaid a few of your paintings with the originals and they were exact copies, pixel to pixel, even shading starts and varies pixel to pixel. I know what photorealism is but artists who only reference can do the best photorealistic works but their work will always be a bit off, most of the time only seen if you really digitally overlay the original and the painting. So if you trace then I would say cut down your costs by at least 20% because that is kind of similar to cheating your customer, that is not what photorealism is about. But if you genuinely don't do that then congratulations, you are doing a magnificent job

Haha I wouldn't say I have mastered the digital medium, far from it - I'm only getting started and have lots to learn still! But thank you :p
And yes I do look at it as a job, like I said to Kaydee: I didn't know if people would be willing to pay that amount (115$ minimum) from the beginning, since I was just getting started. Of course I do see it as a job, it is my job - but you also have to take into consideration your clients' point of view. I need to find a fair price. So I thought I would create this thread to get some opinions. :)

Regarding how I want to advertise myself that is pretty easy, like I wrote in the first sentence of my post I am a freelance illustrator & portrait artist. I'll only be focusing on portraits for commissions, drawing OCs is not something I am personally interested in. The things I do like to illustrate are mostly fanart of Disney movies or anime. :)

And you would be surprised, having fanart made of a scene of a TV show/movie is actually pretty popular ^-^

No, I do not trace my photos. I wouldn't say my paintings are exact copies, but I certainly work hard to get the facial features as close as possible to the reference picture. In fact while I paint I have the reference picture on the side, and I also have it as a separate layer on top of my painting, that way it is much more easier to see if the portrait is accurate, and what needs to be worked on. I certainly am a perfectionist and put a lot of time into details - there's a reason it takes me around 10 hours to paint a portrait haha! So there is no issue here ;) I take the fact that you thought I might be cheating in some way as a compliment!

this is amazing! ^.^ you really put a lot of effort into every single one of these art pieces! keep up the amazing work! ❤️

the one of lana is so beautiful i'm weeping
i'm honestly against the overcharging of prices for commissions but you are extremely talented and you should be charging at least 80-100 dollars for each piece, especially with how much time it takes and the incredible detail you put into it. when i first scrolled down to the portrait of maleficent i thought it was an actual picture, not something that was drawn. you are utterly amazing at art.

Last edited:
Back