Modern Towns

Fruitcup

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6741-6970-1025
Yellow Candy
I really like modern towns, specially when they use streets, I think it is so cool. Because of this I decided to make a modern town. I have been working on it for a while now but I feel like it missing something. I'd love to know what you guys think I can do to improve it.

DA: 4E00-0042-4F8A

My house exteriors and interiors are still a work in progress.
If you guys have a modern town or know of one let me know, I would love to visit!
Thank you in advance! :blush:

Last edited:
Just paid a visit to Cat Isle...
Your town. Is literally. Amazing.
Seriously, I think it looks really nice! I've never been a fan of modern towns but yours is the perfect balance between modern and natural. It's really pretty, and your villagers' homes are arranged beautifully. My only criticism would be maybe get rid of the grass underneath the roads? I know it's a lot of work, but the grass sound underneath the pavement is a little odd. Honestly though, even if you didn't do that, your town is still amazing. Keep up the good work! :lemon:

Just paid a visit to Cat Isle...
Your town. Is literally. Amazing.
Seriously, I think it looks really nice! I've never been a fan of modern towns but yours is the perfect balance between modern and natural. It's really pretty, and your villagers' homes are arranged beautifully. My only criticism would be maybe get rid of the grass underneath the roads? I know it's a lot of work, but the grass sound underneath the pavement is a little odd. Honestly though, even if you didn't do that, your town is still amazing. Keep up the good work! :lemon:
Thank you!
I thought the same thing about the grass, grass removal is serious work, I don't know if I'm up for the challenge. lol

I really like the roads/sidewalks especially when there's the traffic light at intersections.
The only PWP I think is missing or I might've looked over is a fire hydrant. I think a good placement of at least one would really add to the city feel.
Also, maybe add some more warm colored flowers, or just a few fruit trees here and there, or some bushes with flowers in season; since the the paths are all black/gray and the flowers are white/purple everything feels monochromatic with the exception of the yellow dashed lines and cherry blossoms. But that's probably what you were going for.

I really like the roads/sidewalks especially when there's the traffic light at intersections.
The only PWP I think is missing or I might've looked over is a fire hydrant. I think a good placement of at least one would really add to the city feel.
Also, maybe add some more warm colored flowers, or just a few fruit trees here and there, or some bushes with flowers in season; since the the paths are all black/gray and the flowers are white/purple everything feels monochromatic with the exception of the yellow dashed lines and cherry blossoms. But that's probably what you were going for.

I completely forgot about the fire hydrant. lol
Very good points, thanks for the feed back! :)

Hi! Took a visit to your town today as I've been working really hard on mine and trying to find some more ideas.

I really like how the town has an urban feel but retains a lot of natural beauty with the trees/shrubs/flowers. You found a really good balance!

The consistency with the flower colors was nice to see throughout and helps to give the town overall a sleek color scheme.

I like the roads and sidewalks as well as the parkways, everything was organized really well from parks to residential areas, etc. Awesome work!

//side note, I love that all the villagers are cats

A few of my favorite areas were:
- the fountain park by the train station, really cool and realistic!
- the hospital area (I'm assuming the 2nd character's house was a hospital, correct me if I'm wrong) with the plaza out in front
- the construcrion area, that was a cool touch
- the residential area, it was cool seeing all the houses close by, it reminded me of a little suburb with all the villagers walking about :)

That's pretty much it, I loved my visit!

Hi! Took a visit to your town today as I've been working really hard on mine and trying to find some more ideas.

I really like how the town has an urban feel but retains a lot of natural beauty with the trees/shrubs/flowers. You found a really good balance!

The consistency with the flower colors was nice to see throughout and helps to give the town overall a sleek color scheme.

I like the roads and sidewalks as well as the parkways, everything was organized really well from parks to residential areas, etc. Awesome work!

//side note, I love that all the villagers are cats

A few of my favorite areas were:
- the fountain park by the train station, really cool and realistic!
- the hospital area (I'm assuming the 2nd character's house was a hospital, correct me if I'm wrong) with the plaza out in front
- the construcrion area, that was a cool touch
- the residential area, it was cool seeing all the houses close by, it reminded me of a little suburb with all the villagers walking about :)

That's pretty much it, I loved my visit!

Thank you so much, I'm happy you like it.
Yes, the second character's house is a hospital, that'is what I'm mostly working on right now.
Again, thank you for your time and visit! :D

Back