• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

How would you fix my town?

XenonKnight56

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Things I don't like

The area around marina's house
my playground
the trellis wisteria and everything around rudy's and roost
maybe around tom's
Around the benches + between my house and fauna's

I love criticism...

My DA is 5D00 003C B4A0

Animal crossing is so hard :'(

Last edited:
MxxKWRj.jpg

xGajHV3.jpg
Hello_Overall,your town looks good.I like the paths and your character's houses.The main problem I see is that you have so many flowers of so many different types that it makes your town look cluttered.I've taken the liberty of de-cluttering a couple of places in your dream town to use as an example.Perhaps use just one color and type of flower around your villager's houses.Marina is pink so just use one of the pink flowers around her house.Your park area looks fine but it's hard to see it with all the flowers and bushes in and around it.I don't consider myself to be a landscaping expert but I think most of what you need to do is organize your flowers and arrange them by color rather than have several different colors and varieties of flowers all bunched together.I hope this helps.

Last edited:
You're amazing. Most people are way to praising but all you did was call my town good. Except I have no idea why you liked my characters houses, they are basically empty. Maybe your right that my flowers are too cluttered, I'll check that out. I kinda disagree with using a single flower unless if it's carnations or pansies. Thank you so much for the amount of effort you put into your advice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This really opened my eyes, thank you
I'm still looking for more advice

I'm visiting your town right now, so I will right this as I go.

First of all, I really like the cedar trees around the plaza as well as the patterns.

However, I think the area around Prince's house looks a bit cluttered with all the flowers. I think you should clear the area and then line the house in white violets, and then place bushes and trees around it. Over all, that area is very empty.

I also feel like the park area would look better without the flowers. The flowers you have clash with each other and it distracts from the pwp. I think the area would look fine with no flowers. The patterns are nice though. I like the checkered pattern you have going on.

Also, by the stone tablet I think it would look better with just purple pansies.

The area by Marina's house is cute, but it would look better with just pink flowers. Like all pink roses or all pink lillies. And then towards the flower arch, maybe take away those flowers there, or arrange them differently. In the space between the bushes and the peach and cherry tree, I think you should do pink and white cosmos alternating. And then clear the space where you walk.

Again, by Parfait's house, I think it should be yellow and pink lillies together. The other flowers, while the same colors, kind of throw thr scene off with their different shapes.

Most of the things in your town are very cute, and I like it a lot. I just think the random flowers mixed together are what is throwing everything off. In my opinion, putting groups of different flowers together just kind of makes things clash a little bit. What you have is still cute though, and I like it a lot. That's just my preference with the flowers though. :p

I think orange cosmos would look nice around Fauna's house. The black flowers are nice, but with her bright roof it kind of feels like they throw it off a little bit. I also feel like the one bamboo stalk in front of the bench kind of blocks it

I think Marshal's house would look good lined with white carnations. The purple and white pansies are cute too though, but I'm just thinking since his house is white and so is he maybe the white carnations alone would look better?

I think you should remove the red roses by Tom's house and just have the blue ones. Again for the bottom, along the cliff. The red and blue are both so bright and they just don't match each other or the area. Blue alone, or blue and white would look better.

I like the pears around your town hall. I also like the blue and purple.

The purple and white around the windmill look a little weird to me though. I feel like maybe a darker color would work better here?

Also, really like the space around Clyde's house. Yellow and orange look good around his house, along with the lemons and oranges. If you wanted to, I think the area would look fine with just the yellow and orange tulips.

Over all, your town is really cute. I just think the flowers are what is throwing it all off. I think if you take different color flowers of the same species and lined them up like you have now, or changed the colors in different placed that it could make the areas look better. That is just my preference though. What you have is really nice though.

Lol, I haven't started with prince's house

- - - Post Merge - - -

You guy's are brilliant, thank you so much XD

Also I'm looking for friends if anyone's intrested

Also, does anyone know how to use black flowers? They really seem like garbage to me

Before i try pure blue and pink around marina and tom's i'm gonna try replacing the red with white

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll definitely try all of your advice twister Heart, except for using a single type of flower. I might try using only two but a single looks bad to me

Last edited:
I'm about to visit your dream. In the meantime, I'll show you how I made used of black flowers. I mixed some with white and pink, and black and white. Here are the pics:
WVW69kEPFlM8VKJ444

WVW69kDSmEEgqkfEcS

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm in your town.
At Marina's house I would just put a few bushes from the flower arc to the door (I know bushes can't be attached to pwps, that's why I would only add a few like in this pic, I put flowers to show the location where the bushes could go in my opinion. And then complete with flowers on the side of course)
WVW69kFQ3eo1cfHHRR

Around wisteria trellis and maybe even around yogurt's home I would put a water pattern that surrounds them. Because yes, yogurt'a home feels like something is missing. I can't point exactly what it is, maybe a water pattern could help to make it look more complete.

The benches in front of fauna's home are fine maybe I would simply add 2 flowers at each side of the benches. Sometimes even just a simple thing can change the look of something.
The rest of the town is pleasant and relaxing and I see that you're still finishing decorating some parts with the right flowers.

By the way I don't think people are praising too much other towns just to be nice, I honestly enjoy most of the towns I visit because of their diversity and because it's cool to see others ideas. A person might like a bare town with only couple trees, another might like their town with tons of flowers and many colors, but I tend to appreciate visions of decorating that are different from mine but you can still see the person put effort in it!

Last edited:
You're amazing. Most people are way to praising but all you did was call my town good. Except I have no idea why you liked my characters houses, they are basically empty. Maybe your right that my flowers are too cluttered, I'll check that out. I kinda disagree with using a single flower unless if it's carnations or pansies. Thank you so much for the amount of effort you put into your advice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This really opened my eyes, thank you
I'm still looking for more advice

Heh,I was referring to your character's houses exteriors not the interiors.I didn't go inside any of them.Anyways,I hope your town turns out the way you want it to.Maybe check out the dream address thread because there's a lot of really nice looking towns there and it's a good place to get ideas for your own town.

I like your idea with water around the wisteria.
Yogurt's house is really bothersome, I can't figure a way to fix it
Still, great advice

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know I said I don't like praise, it just seems that other people never have any criticism for other towns which annoys me.
Is my town really that lacking, I was aiming for shocking beauty. I thought I had a talent for decorating but I guess not. X'O

Thanks for the advice though, keep it comming

Last edited:
Back