• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like school?

Do you like school?

• Total voters
I used to love school, but I unfortunately developed and inflamed agoraphobia and school became hell for me. Luckily I don't have to worry about it right now.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no
But I've met 95% of my friends I still see regularly through the years of enduring elementary school and college

Last edited:
When I was in school I really liked it, I wouldn't really say "love" but that's what a picked because I REALLY liked it. I was friends with my teachers and learning is actually really fun for me, I loved the SCHOOL part of it but not the social aspect.

I left school a long time ago but no, it was never my favourite place.
Things were certainly easier then but I always hated the restrictions of school. Certain teachers also made my life miserable.
The PE teachers were especially awful and then they wondered why nobody wanted to do PE and kept bringing in sick notes...

Funny actually since now I work in a school myself, which I love and I do my best to try and make the kids day as enjoyable as possible

I hated school and couldn't wait to leave, I didn't even consider going to their sixth form, I just wanted to be out of there as soon as possible and I don't regret it one bit. I was bullied by a teacher because I was quiet and actually got on with work so he found me as an easy target, another teacher told my then friend that she deserved being bullied by other students because she had brightly coloured hair, yet there were other students with bright red hair and they didn't get bullied.

I like being at school but I don't like all of the stress and assignments (although, assignments do get me out of family events sometimes...)

school literally makes me want 2 die but also everything makes me want 2 die but like
i dont like school

it use to make me want to die but i'm not that bad anymore.
it's still pretty boring and hell-ish though.

i will forever be a student....
I hated high school so much, it was a terrible experience, and i never really had many friends. But I mean that was fine because I got super close with my family.

College was so much better. You really get to make the experience yours and I like how there is emphasis on going outside the classroom. I got great grades, studied in biology and loved all my professors and topics. I did tours for the campus, was involved in a co-ed service fraternity, volunteered for the world's largest collegiate relay for life in the world, maintained honors, developed a love for service, and met so many great people lots of which I am still friends with.

Now grad school is just a mountain of work and real-life, and its so hard but rewarding

I hated school with a passion. It was the main source of my depression for several years, and I'm so glad to be graduated and outta high school. Took a good two years break from school, and now I'll be starting college this year. Not looking forward to it, so hopefully, 2 years of it will go by quickly.

If we're talking about High School, I hated it back then but now that I look back, it is a bit difficult to not want to go back. I mean, I lived off of $20 per week from my allowance and I was able to do so much back then. I didn't have to worry about paying any bills or working.. Now, that I am in college, I don't say I hate it. I took some time off after high school and then I found myself back to college years later so now, I'm able to appreciate learning. In a way, I'd rather go to school than working and worrying about finding a job.. D: which I will have to do very very soon.

i'm neutral, i hate all of the stress, but i love hanging out with my friends!

High school was dumb. I'm in college now. I want to like school, I really really do. But the subjects I learn aren't interesting to me despite it having nothing to do with my major but its a requirement so :)

My main issue is having assignments that I have no idea what to do. I could tolerate being given too many assignments, though stressful. But I can't stand having a ton of assignments that I can't even figure out how to complete. It makes me feel stupid. And I try to review notes, google, ask for help, but its never enough to actually help me understand what's confusing me. By the time I finish seeking help, I'm near due to turn in the assignment and it's too late. I especially hate group assignments, discussions, and projects. Somehow, every single class, there are people who know each other and partner up already. I always end up getting a really crappy partner who doesn't do their effort/work, or hardly talks to me. Ugggghhhh.

The best part of college is that I don't have to go 5 days a week, shoving several subjects in a couple hours. I take as little to as many classes as I choose, and I maybe go to campus 2-3 times a week. The only downside is professors give you a week's worth of homework in one day, and it can be overwhelming processing it all that very same day..

Most schools are utter sheet. The environment is just awful, teachers acting like they hate their jobs and kids, people who are in charge of education have no freaking idea how to make a positive learning experience. When I was younger, I loved learning so much. But now everyday I want to jump out the freaking window and run off into the forest to live secluded in the mountains. Even then, I think I'd be better off. I DON'T think all schools suck though, some of my friends online are incredibly lucky and go to academies where they have all types of awesome programs and encourage every type of trade and talent. But honestly, do you really think my parents are willing to send me far off and pay for something like that? I have so much anxiety and depression now thanks to the godawful school district in this crappy little town. I really hope they heavily improve (or just tear down and build anew) the learning system or I'm home schooling my future spawns. (if I am dumb enough to have kids some day)

I had my ups and downs with school, so it kinda balances itself out. The most I hated from school was being bullied, but the most I loved from school is finding out a lot of my potential in certain skills

Last edited:
didn't really like highschool but college is ok just stressful

Back