Do you like school?

Do you like school?

• Total voters
I'm way past the age of high school, but when I was, I hated it. I was bullied (not to an extreme, but still), people kept spreading fake rumours about me, my home life was bad and I would go to school where my friends wouldn't understand or care. I also felt like there was something wrong with me (I later realized it was social anxiety). It just wasn't a good place for me. My one place of comfort in school was my English class. I was top of the class and actually felt happy there. It was the only subject I put effort into.

If I could go back, I would force myself to be stronger and take school more seriously despite it being hell for me.

i liked high school, i hate uni

in high school i had amazing friends, i did really well in class, it was just a really nice environment but uni is just so isolating for me, maybe hate is a strong word but i definitely won't miss going

Yes and no. I didn't like primary school, but I didn't exactly hate it. I wasn't liked by the people around me, I had only one friend and was verbally bullied a bit. But I did like my teachers and still tried my best with learning. Once I got to intermediate, it was like a fresh start with new people and new friends. I made a few friends to start with, but they all turned on me and in my second year I was put into a really bad class full of bad people so I didn't like it again.

When I got to high school, it was the greatest time of my life so far. Everyone got along so well, I had a big group of friends and I had great teachers. My first year was great, I loved it. But it slowly went downhill from there. Once I started sitting exams I found myself getting super stressed, but the thing is I didn't recognise it until much later on. By the time I got to the last year, I just wanted to leave. There was so much drama, there were people who were disrupting my learning and going against the teachers, plus my home life had turned really bad by the end of the year. I just wanted to go to uni.

Now I'm at uni and I'm liking it soooo much better than high school. I've kept my same loyal friends from high school, but also met some amazing people from uni. I'm quite happy now c:

I loovvveedd highschool. But, now that I'm in college, it literally makes me want to die and drop out. It's awful :/

there are a lot of times when I either hate it or like it. If I have a moutain of assignments to complete then it makes me want to stab myself. But I really like a lot of other things about it.

I've always hated school.

Ever since I was like 5, I was always made fun of. Name called. Put down. Ignored. Even hated.
I was a pacifist. Always avoided people. Quiet. I tried to be nice and used common sense whenever possible. Apparently that's hate material?? My teachers were average at best, none of them really stood out to me. I didn't have any friends until my junior year in high school..

I was so happy when I graduated in 2013... But unfortunately I ended up being a depressed single 18-year-old who turned into a shut-in/hermit and became antisocial.

College wasn't great either. I always felt like the weakest link and because of what happened to me in high school, was barely social. Others have told me that all I do is waste everyone's time by being there.

I graduated college in 2015. So glad I didn't drop out. Nothing really changed. I'm still the same ol' hermit. Eh. At least my job is nice.

Last edited:
I hate school so much. Mainly because I have terrible social anxiety.

Last edited:
School is tricky, you have to have gone through it to be remotely taken seriously in life, but really? Why the absolute **** do I need to know so muuuuuuch useless **** It's bad enough that they assign lakes of homework, but the subject matter of said homework is ridiculous. Someone tell me what a split infinitive is, and how it can help you create a better, fluent sentence. (Drops mic)

[Edit] a Split Infinitive is used in the Star Trek (1960's) when the opening monologue says "To boldly go where no man has ever gone before" So I guess it is somewhat useful, but I doubt the creators strategically plopped that bad boy into the monologue like "OOh I'm using complicated grammar" I understand i'm ranting by this point, but this was just to prove my point on why 1.) I am a dork for remembering what the hell a infinitive was, and 2.) how useless it is for me to have to remember it :)

Senior school is horrible ;; I should have voted for the bottom option tbh

I used to love school as a little kid, but now I dread it every day
I've got major exams coming up and I'm super worried T________T

the only reason i 'like' school is because i get to see my friends and also because my teachers are pretty great. workload wise, i can't stand it. i have at least 3 tests every week and it's the most hellish thing.

Very very very neutral. School's one of the only places to have social connections with people, do fun extracurriculars and actually learn things. I know if I were home I wouldn't study (like now).

Neutral. I hate doing homework like the next person, and I hate studying and stressing over tests, but when you have teachers that account for student's schedule's and at-home problems and etcetera, and they try and make it easier on all their students, it's nice. In fact, the only thing ruining school for me is homework, and even then I get through most of it quick. It's always my own fault if I have a hard time with it because I didn't pay attention in class or some other circumstance.

I liked elementary school, especially grade eight. I didn't like high school that much but there were good moments in it too. I LOVE college!!

Back