• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you have a theme for your town?

do you have a theme?

• yes!

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • no.

Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carp

happy go lucky
Bells
Coco
Mint
my theme is a lil' forest, which is very clich?, but i have a lot of brightly coloured flowers planned.

Nope. Irisvale is going to be my own cute little town.
(It's mostly going to have purple/white flowers, but that's it, really. Nothing special.)

Not really. I guess my town could be considered a forest/fairy tale type deal, but I don't really consider it to be anything. I just did what I thought was cute, with no real thought in mind. I'm still working on it.

forest like most people, kind of trying to make it creepy though. i'm around 70% done
i used to have a pastel themed town but i dislike them now & i deleted it.

My main town is designed to look a bit like a rural town, my second town is designed to look like a park, and I am currently designing another town to look modern/urban. There are so many possibilities when it comes to creating towns, I want to make so many!

Retro is vintage pop-culture inspired. All human characters represent a different decade either: 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, or 1990's. I have their houses in chronological order along the bottom area of my map. My villagers use outdated slang as well. I enjoy watching my neighbors say things like: radical, groovy, peace, far out, like totally, for sure, so fly, wicked, cool beans, etc.

Bunifrey is a Rainbow Bridge/memorial town, Oeilvert will eventually have a kind of archeological theme, Gilead will be loosely based on the gunslinger home city from The Dark Tower, and Nibel will be a foresty town based off of Nibel Forest from Ori and the Blind Forest.

Vista's theme is Zen
Chocolat's theme is supposed to be a candy like theme. (Without pastel!)
Moonview's theme is Forest.

And my last town Flora doesn't really have one.

Retro is vintage pop-culture inspired. All human characters represent a different decade either: 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, or 1990's. I have their houses in chronological order along the bottom area of my map. My villagers use outdated slang as well. I enjoy watching my neighbors say things like: radical, groovy, peace, far out, like totally, for sure, so fly, wicked, cool beans, etc.

Your town sounds awesome :D

not for my main town but for toppings i do. food theme :D my main town paraiso doesnt tho its just plain. but i did design it to look good specifically in summer. winters are tough lol!

always admire people who don't have to do themes to feel good abt their town. i feel a lot better with a sense of direction with a town and need that focus to encourage me to build and develop. it gets boring to me otherwise, but again really cool that other people can do it so freely :')

right now, i have a green energy city town and a steven universe beach city town :blush:

My first town is basically a random colorful town of stuff I like with a bit of pastel and zen mixed in~ I also have a restaurant, school, and doctor's office in that town.
My second town is a forest/woods town because I absolutely love the National Parks, so it's dedicated to those. ^^

I'm planning on doing a sort of fairytale forest, with my mayor as a queen fairy alongside another character (named after my bf) as the king fairy. I think I'll have another character as possible a mermaid and then another as a wizard or something. It'll be very bright and flowery :blush:

I'm going to have a theme, I'm making progress into making my town into a Modern themed Pokemon based town. I got them Kalos Region paths already! Haha! Maybe I should make the face stand a picture of a froakie! That would be cute haha! Themes are really fun to use, they give your town a little bit more uniqueness, and its fun to do also. It also turns out to be amazingly beautiful in the end. Trust me. :lemon:

My main theme is modern looking town.. Grey detailed brick paths, modern town hall, modern bridges, modern streetlights, modern benches etc. Modern is my life in ACNL basically :D it just looks nice and goes well with my paths and where my villager's houses are :D

I mean I don't really have a theme, I just go with what's pretty. But I do have a colour theme which is white, pink and purple.

Mine's sort of just a typical town as of now, but when I'm done with my cycling town I'd love to try to have a theme!

Especially if all my villagers match that theme, I think that'd be really neat ^^

Not sure what I'd say my theme is, modern/rural with nautical characters and simplistic/symmetric landscaping that just feels and looks good to me.

However, I rreeeaaalllyyyy want to make a medieval town, but I know I won't be dedicated to two games, and I hate the long, and tedious start-up process of upgrading stores and unlocking PWPs, also filling my catalog with the necessary things.

If my game ever gets corrupted or something happens to my 3DS I think I'll try to do a medieval town. I don't think I've ever seen that theme before.

Back