N. Korea is so isolated... what is North Korea?

Which is more communist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of those who are "brainwashed" are only acting in a way that allows them to survive in the environment they are given.

highlighting this, because it is honestly one of the (very few) actually good points brought up here

when going against the regime's orders can get you sentenced to death or any other level of inhumane punishment, most people will naturally go along with it. not due to agreeing with, but simply as a means of survival

of course this isn't to say that everybody is like this, as there are certainly some that do truly believe in what they say and do. but it's not as simply black and white as many make it out to be

also re: n. korea being a super dangerous threat: their government is certainly unhinged and dangerous for its immediate area, but as a global threat I'd honestly be more afraid of governments of actual major nations with real power. there's nothing saying they can't become more dangerous in this manner, but I feel if they could've done something on a globally catastrophic scale, they would've done so already ages ago. so the fact that they haven't is a pretty clear indicator that they simply currently lack the ability to, no matter how much they try to act otherwise. so dangerous enough to keep serious tabs on, but not so much so to go into any sort of fear panic mode

Last edited:
But you are the other side right now in this thread. One does not give a credible speech and say "Google this later after my speech to see where I got my stuff from" but instead cite sources AS THEY TELL THEIR SIDE. Like, that's how debating/arguments with any substance are supposed to work. ; v;

Unless you don't actually have sources, and like has been stated before, these are your opinions. You go back and forth a lot on whether or not your comments are (misinformed) opinions or (alternative) facts.

Like, idk how you can defend your side TBH because I don't agree with it, but you're not giving your own arguments justice. Try stating your side more clearly, please.

• The evidence that is used to back up global warming is also used to dehoax it.
  • Polar bears are thriving. Studies have shown this. Last time I checked, polar bears live in cold climates.
  • Although the Artic is increasing .39 degrees Celsius, the Antarctic is cooling by .12 degrees Celsius.
  • You can't deny the percentage of scientists that disbelieve global warming.
  • Funny how "global warming" became an prominent "issue" in the 2001 election that Al Gore ran in.
  • Sea ice, overall, in the winter has been increasing since 1979.
  • The masses are wrong. Just look at people thinking the Earth was flat. <--- Yes. I just did that.
  • The temperature is in fluctuations from the past 3,000 years.
  • CO2 doesn't necessarily cause the increase of temperature.
  • Human-produced CO2 doesn't affect the environment as much as people think. It is re-absorbed by oceans, forests, et cetera. This negates the core pro-reasoning of "climate change".
  • Sea levels have been steadily rising over the years.
  • Glaciers have been compacting and decomposing over years due to natural causes.
  • Increased natural disasters can't be tied to human activity.

Now let's be done with talking about global warming. I apologize for bringing it up. As it's off-topic. If you'd like to continue, I'd love to on another thread.

I think we can all agree that N. Korea is isolated from the world too much for us to give proper, informed opinions? Yes?

Last edited:
  • The evidence that is used to back up global warming is also used to dehoax it.
  • Polar bears are thriving. Studies have shown this. Last time I checked, polar bears live in cold climates.
  • Although the Artic is increasing .39 degrees Celsius, the Antarctic is cooling by .12 degrees Celsius.
  • You can't deny the percentage of scientists that disbelieve global warming.
  • Funny how "global warming" became an prominent "issue" in the 2001 election that Al Gore ran in.
  • Sea ice, overall, in the winter has been increasing since 1979.
  • The masses are wrong. Just look at people thinking the Earth was flat. <--- Yes. I just did that.
  • The temperature is in fluctuations from the past 3,000 years.
  • CO2 doesn't necessarily cause the increase of temperature.
  • Human-produced CO2 doesn't affect the environment as much as people think. It is re-absorbed by oceans, forests, et cetera. This negates the core pro-reasoning of "climate change".
  • Sea levels have been steadily rising over the years.
  • Glaciers have been compacting and decomposing over years due to natural causes.
  • Increased natural disasters can't be tied to human activity.

Now let's be done with talking about global warming. I apologize for bringing it up. As it's off-topic. If you'd like to continue, I'd love to on another thread.

I think we can all agree that N. Korea is isolated from the world too much for us to give proper, informed opinions? Yes?

But where are the sources.. If you had just done this in an exam, you would have been given an instant fail for plagiarism and not citing sources.

If you had said all of this like 20 minutes ago, we could've had a legitimate debate.. .

There's only one legitimate source here.

Last edited:
The masses are wrong. Just look at people thinking the Earth was flat. <--- Yes. I just did that.

things based on a limited understanding of the world aren't the same as things based on actual scientific evidence done through years of extensive research

your "haha, take that" has no ground to stand on, since the two scenarios are largely incomparable

Last edited:
I wasn't referencing global warming with my post lmao bc the topic of Global Warming isn't even a topic for debate in my mind.
I was referring to your supposed "facts" about North Korea and you telling other to go and Google stuff instead when that's this whole thread's topic. Not to mention people have been asking for your sources and your refuse to give them. Your only response is "GoogleItGoogleItGoogleItkilltheNorthKoreansGoogleItGoogleIt."

That's what I meant. And also, as was just stated, you should provide links and citations as to where you got each thing as well or else it can come off as illegitimate or just a complete opinion.

Not even trying to have, just saying that if you're going to make a thread like this then have prior knowledge on the topic and be able to debate seriously with others when they challenge your stance or else it's basically a throwaway imo and just for the sake of having a poll, which is meaningless.

Last edited:
There's no reason to continue this thread anymore, neither the discussion about global warming. Since you were the one who started it.

Agreed. There is too little known about North Korea, but what we do know is that it is not communist.

things based on a limited understanding of the world aren't the same as things based on actual scientific evidence done through years of extensive research

your "haha, take that" has no ground to stand on, since the two scenarios are largely incomparable

I can respect that.

There's no reason to continue this thread anymore, neither the discussion about global warming. Since you were the one who started it.

Agreed. There is too little known about North Korea, but what we do know is that it is not communist.

You have been telling people that they cannot believe that N. Korea is communist because of insufficient evidence of the country. By you saying N. Korea is communist is hypocrisy. Either we know about N. Korea or we don't. In which, we don't.

Yes. I have said that N. Korea is communist but I have since then changed my ignorant position because of the insufficient evidence.

Hello all. We now have to close this thread due to aggressive arguing and offensive comments. Remember that there is always a way to disagree with someone in a respectful manner without being offensive. Please be sure to follow our rules about respecting others when you post here. Thank you.

I just wanted to add that a lot of these unnecessary arguments could be avoided altogether if the topic(s) were more thoroughly researched prior to engaging in a discussion about them. Trying to debate something you don't fully understand normally doesn't pan out well.

This isn't directed at anyone in specific, but some of the posts I've seen here are a bit on the ridiculous side and it's not hard to see why people became frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back