Villager personalities and similarities!

Buster Bunny

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Lazy and normal villagers: Both are kind and friendly toward the player and bow to them when they leave their homes.
Lazy villagers can be rather immature than normal villagers and may admit they're not really concerned about cleaning when visited in their dreams.

Normal villagers are more mature than lazy villagers and are neat freaks, though they have low self esteem.

Cranky and snooty villagers: Both are rude, arrogant and loves to spread rumors.
Cranky villagers are more agitated than snooty villagers, though they may also critize the players clothes, house decoration and spread rumors just alike.

Snooty villagers are more concerned about appearance and fashion than cranky villagers due their opposite genders.

Both can become much friendler if we get their trust.

Jock and peppy villagers: Both personalities are upbeat and interested in sports, though they might have differences due their genders.
Jock talk more about fitness and prefer things which are cool while peppy villagers love sports, but yet prefer cute things and look cute.

Smug and uchi villagers: Both are friendly with the player and caring and the difference is that smug villagers are gentlemen while uchi villagers are rather tomboyish.
Uchi villagers doesn't flirt and don't like to be flirted and they may have conflict with smug villagers due their flirty attitude.

With this we don't need the reverse gender of a certain personality if we already have a equivalent.

Last edited:
If their are Gender "equivalents" then I'd say it'd be like this...
Jock=Peppy
Lazy=Normal
Cranky=Snooty
Smug=Uchi
(Basically what you had listed.)
However, Smug and Uchi villagers apparently hate eachother, Normal and Lazy villagers can also be horrible between one another.
Only the other pairings would get along with eachother. However they could hate/like eachother based on animal species and star signs. :)
Same goes with the other pairings as well.

If their are Gender "equivalents" then I'd say it'd be like this...
Jock=Peppy
Lazy=Normal
Cranky=Snooty
Smug=Uchi
(Basically what you had listed.)
However, Smug and Uchi villagers apparently hate eachother, Normal and Lazy villagers can also be horrible between one another.
Only the other pairings would get along with eachother. However they could hate/like eachother based on animal species and star signs. :)
Same goes with the other pairings as well.

Yeah, I also noticed the Uchi hating the smug unless he's compatible with her (actually they all can hate each other if they're aren't compatible, besides species and personality.. Others words everything is completely random)

My uchi always get along well with the lazy villager in my town (Hazel and Doc in my main town)
And the Smug seems to get along well with the normals (and with lazy villagers somewhat) from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Here's my diagram of knowledge of what it SHOULD be. (All personalities get along with their own personalizaste.)

Lazy
Gets along with-Normal
Dislikes-Jock, Uchi
Jock
Gets along with-Uchi
Dislikes-Lazy, Snooty
Cranky
Gets along with-Snooty
Dislikes-Jock, Peppy
Smug
Gets along with-Peppy
Dislikes-Cranky, Uchi

Peppy
Gets along with-Smug
Dislikes-Cranky
Snooty
Gets along with-Cranky
Dislikes-Jock
Normal
Gets along with-Lazy
Dislikes-Snooty
Uchi
Gets along with-Jock
Dislikes-Lazy, Smug

Yes, it doesn't really make sense, but that is what I feel should be right.

Here's my diagram of knowledge of what it SHOULD be. (All personalities get along with their own personalizaste.)

Lazy
Gets along with-Normal
Dislikes-Jock, Uchi
Jock
Gets along with-Uchi
Dislikes-Lazy, Snooty
Cranky
Gets along with-Snooty
Dislikes-Jock, Peppy
Smug
Gets along with-Peppy
Dislikes-Cranky, Uchi

Peppy
Gets along with-Smug
Dislikes-Cranky
Snooty
Gets along with-Cranky
Dislikes-Jock
Normal
Gets along with-Lazy
Dislikes-Snooty
Uchi
Gets along with-Jock
Dislikes-Lazy, Smug

Yes, it doesn't really make sense, but that is what I feel should be right.

Jock villagers do get along more with peppy villagers.
Rosie don't stop talking about Pierce even though Marshal also live in Joyville.
Pierce may usually seem talking with Rosie more often and exchanging gifts.

At first Charlise and Tex had some conflicts, but then she started to fall for him that they started to talk about each other in Acme.

About jock disliking snooty, it may be kinda weird since Poncho got interest in two snooty girls who are Francine and Ankha.

Can't tell if is just a exception.

In NewLeaf, Ganon started to have interest in Pekoe which is humorous.
I hoped to see him getting along with Pancetti, but it happens.

I mean, do normal villagers like snacks?
Normal villagers would enjoy baking and making pastries and drinking tea. I guess that's their equal to the lazies. Also, they simply reduce that factor and won't eat as much. :p
Also, they both are friendly and calm, so that would factor in to the similarities. :)

Julian and Fuchsia or Muffy have never fought in my town. I have majority of snooties. I'll have to pay attention to that.

Last edited:
Back