• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is it just me or has Re-tail died down lately?

nostalgibra

slave to the vaporwave
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Poptart Easter Egg
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
I dunno, it seems like when I first joined up until maybe 2 weeks ago, Re-tail was a busy place, and I got at least 3 offers on items I was trading in a single thread, and my RV shop got a bit more takers than in the past few weeks. Now it seems to be slowing down a ton. I'm guessing the RV thing is dying out since the update has been out for 3 months now, so I can see that since the novelty has worn off and people have had a chance to get the new items they wanted, but other trade threads are slowing to a crawl, or at least it seems. Is it just me?

No, I totally see what you're saying. I think that there was a burst of activity when the update was new and exciting. But I think either everyone already has their own welcome amiibo cards or have already collected the new items from the update that they needed.

More shops also came out... so the activity is limited to a shop or two. :(

If you saw the forums like 2 years ago, boy. I was so busy with orders I had to limit on how many I could take a day. Animal crossing was super fun, but after 1500+ hours of game play, I never want to touch it again xD.The game is old, just gotta wait for the next big animal crossing game.

I think the whole forum has died down a lot, not just ReTail. But yeah, the novelty of the update, DLC, Sanrio and other amiibo items has died down a lot. I guess the hype is over :p

Yeah, when I first joined TBT about 3 years ago, everything was packed. Obviously there were less people but whatever you wanted to sell or buy, someone always commented. I agree with you that everything here has died down...it's a little sad really.

That's true that the game being old is a big factor. But imo there's always gonna be people looking to buy/sell. It's just that you see like 50 shop threads open and on top of that people start new threads with their own wishlists instead of going to one of the shop threads to buy, so obviously posts will be more spread out giving the impression that there's not many people interested in making deals within a certain thread. If that makes sense.

And don't @ me with my sig, I've gotten zero offers so it's not like I'm hoarding business from Re-Tail, and I'm not in a big rush to get the items I'm looking for so that's why I don't go out of my way to look for them either.

Not as much as the VTP. That has REALLY died down.

I haven't been here long enough to know what that place was like before the update, but I can imagine. I didn't think that many people would be buying amiibo cards to put the traditional villager trading out of business, but I guess Nintendo's evil plan really worked. (and by that I mean it absolutely worked on me lmao)

Back