• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing Community

Thoughts on Animal Crossing Community (ACC)

• Total voters

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Well, I just got my first ban on there ever since I joined in March 2013.
The rules are so strict though, and honestly, after being on there for nearly four years, I'm surprised I haven't been banned before. I got my second "violation point" after receiving my first in January 2014, and apparently you get banned permanently if I get five.
I really am questioning myself right now why I'm still using the site. Honestly, I've realized the only reason I stay on there is because I still have friends on there. Give me your thoughts on ACC here, and I might as well create a poll too (this is similar to one I saw created on GameFAQs a few years ago).
By the way, mean to put "are ludicrous", not "and ludicrous", sorry!

Last edited:
When I wanted to join an AC fansite, I did want to join ACC. But I decided to go to TBT instead because it looked a lot better than ACC. After hearing about how bad ACC is after joining TBT, I don't regret going here first.

I've not signed up there so can't really say much, but I find their website ugly and confusing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I wanted to join an AC fansite, I did want to join ACC. But I decided to go to TBT instead because it looked a lot better than ACC. After hearing about how bad ACC is after joining TBT, I don't regret going here first.

You know, I'd never actually heard of Animal Crossing Community before spending a while on here.

The community there seems to be virtually gone. The short time I spent there, most of the staff claims the community "is small but loyal" but there are only a handful of users. From what I've heard, the rules and restrictions are a bit much. You can't even post for 24 hours after making an account to "combat the spam" - what spam is that, exactly?

Honestly, even though I didn't join ACC until 2013 and here until the following year, I had actually been looking into both sites as early as 2010. I had started playing Animal Crossing when I got City Folk in April of 2009, and in June the following year, as many of you know, New Leaf was announced at E3, and it had actually been on TBT's site when I first found out the news. Later on, when I was looking for people to Wi-Fi with, especially from Japan and South Korea to get items from other regions, I had been looking at both TBT and ACC, although ACC more. This was for the rest of the summer that year, throughout July and the first half of August before school started back.
Honestly, I wonder how different it would've been if I had joined both sites back in 2010 or even 2009, since I want to say I saw them even a little bit then.

What I do know about ACC is that it was the center of Animal Crossing's fandom back when Wild World was big. I think it was the same way with City Folk. While Bell Tree is pretty quiet during this time. But after ACNL came out, ACC pretty much died down. I know axa is dead, and GameFAQ's game communities tend to die down after a year or two since the release of a game.

If I'm being honest, it is by far the worst community I've been part of. Well, related to AC anyway

I have an account, but I've pretty much never used it simply because I don't like the interface and compared to here. Plus this is just an overall better site imo

I was a member there back in 2008. I haven't done pretty much anything. I did my first spam there because I was a kid and didn't know any better. In 2012 I came back on that site because I was finally allowed to go online, and it was great! In 2013, I moved to this site because I heard a friend was leaving ACC forever, and didn't want to lose him. After I logged in here, I still used ACC until 2014. I got banned 2 times that year, and I'm too afraid to even go back on ACC. I feel so much better here.

I was a member of ACC way back in the days of Wild World. I stopped going there once City Fold came out because at the time I had no means of getting a Wii. I didn't learn about TBT until New Leaf came out.
It brings back good memories, but I find that I like it here on TBT better. The community is more active and the layout just makes more sense.
Thought the sidebar listing upcoming events in all the games was pretty nifty, I'd like to see something like that implemented here.

Last edited:
i accidentally voted lol i thought this was about the bell tree forum community rip should have read it better. i made an account a few weeks back and when it said i couldnt post bc i was new i just dropped it. idk anything about it but the layout looks ugly and boring and it seems dead on there

When i got ACNL i registered on ACC (and this site) with the purpose of getting item inb4 hacks on 2016 lmao
I remember that back then i could post more when i joined , different than now that if you are new you have alot of restrictions.
I just talked to 2 people over there and i became unactive there after May - June 2015 also when i got active here .
The only thing i used that for is to get items and flowers for my town , back then there was a service to have free stuff and other services on ACNL.
The last time i ordered something on that thing was on October 2015 , after that i never used ACC again.

Is basically a dead forum , with mods that look like overprotective parents and overrall they can't stand against TBT. I have never got a ban there which is good i guess

What I do know about ACC is that it was the center of Animal Crossing's fandom back when Wild World was big. I think it was the same way with City Folk. While Bell Tree is pretty quiet during this time. But after ACNL came out, ACC pretty much died down. I know axa is dead, and GameFAQ's game communities tend to die down after a year or two since the release of a game.

This is true. When I first discovered both sites in 2010, there seemed to be more activity at ACC than here at TBT, actually.

I joined but the website was too ugly for me to take so I bailed and went here. Don't regret it in the slightest.

Last edited:
Back