• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers being scammed by Redd (lol jk)

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
So I've already donated about 17 paintings since I restarted my town, and i've only had Redd's tent show up about 4 or 5 times, two of which were statues. Where did the rest come from? Muffy has probably given me about 10 at this point and the rest are from Beardo and Del (which I didn't actually know cranky villagers could sell you paintings!)

I'm wondering what affects the chances of getting that offer, because I've noticed sometimes they'll specifially ping me to sell me one versus asking me to buy one when I talk to someone. Does the amount you talk to them affect it? It's hard to gauge for me right now because I kinda talk to all my animals the same amount. I try to talk to everyone at least two or three times, just cause I like to...

Does anyone else get so many paintings? Especially from the uchi villagers! Muffy sold me three in one day once. In my old town Sylvia sold me SIX in one day. Lol I also think it's hilarious that the uchi will mention that she "always wants to go see the shady stuff Redd has" and I'm like, girl, you've sold me double what Redd has. Where does she even keep all of it?? xD

(Also, as a tip, if a smug offers to sell you a painting and it's about 7k bells, always say yes, because likely he'll say that he feels bad and give it to you for free! I've gotten 2 from Beardo for free already, and I think both were real. The chance of it being real is still 50% but every time it's been 7k I've noticed he gives it for free)

Anyone have any ideas?

For me, getting art from villagers is very rare but I will always buy from them because the cost means nothing and can easily be replaced, if desired, by a trip to the beach. Early on, before I found Thonky, my experience with Redd was really disappointing. Your numerous scores is marvelous and more than a bit puzzling. Maybe I shouldn't be such a recluse.

Wow six in one day is a lot. My villagers have only asked me maybe 5 times since I made my town on jan1 ? All of them were genuine, even when we weren't good friends. In my main town however, I'd usually reject them because I'm super broke in that town. But they rarely ask (or even at all) and when I have bought off them, the majority have been fake and I'm really good friends with everyone in that town :/ I think you're just really lucky!

I'm assuming they give that to you for free bc you have high friendship with them. Some time ago I got Zell (a Smug) from someone's void and he's always selling me fakes for 7k now, and playing hard to befriend. I'm starting to want him gone

Last edited:
Phoebe begs me to buy one usually once a week or so...
Uchi and Cranky villagers have this type of scenario the most.
Marshal has asked me to buy a painting from Redd once.
Everyone else hasn't. So only my Uchi, Cranky, and Smug villagers are the ones who would be rigged by Redd. (In my town.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Personally, I think villagers with higher friendships would do this. I may be wrong though, I believe Phoebe has sold me one once when she had arrived yet again in my new town.

Back