• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Kangaroo villagers

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
I hate the mama kangaroo villagers. I love the idea that they have a little joey in their pouch, but why is it always just a shrunk down version of the mama? That is just pure laziness. They really couldn't have made a cute little baby roo for each of them? One of them even has makeup.. Is she going on Toddlers & Tiaras or something? Because of this, I find the kangaroos extremely ugly and creepy. They're pretty much just carrying their miniature clones, and it's not like the mama kangaroos even have nice designs, so having two of them in one is awful. The only kangaroo design that isn't too bad is Walt's, since it really fits with the kangaroo model, and he doesn't have a creepy baby.

Am I the only one who hates the mama kangaroos (or kangaroo villagers in general) this much?

Let me know!

I like some of them, mainly due to being "different". The "Toddlers and Tiaras" almost made me spit my coffee.

Lol! That's true, though. I guess that's one thing going for them. They are really unique in design :p

Last edited:
I don't mind that the joeys are just miniature versions of their mothers. I wouldn't really expect them to dedicate a whole lot of effort toward making the joeys look too different, so it doesn't bother me. Plus it's not that uncommon, or at least hasn't been in the past, to have miniature versions of a character performing the same mannerisms in things like cartoons and other mass media. I guess I'm just acclimated to seeing it.

I can understand what you're saying though and I agree it would have been nice if they did put forth the effort.

I guess having joeys with different features would normally make sense, but I guess the main thing is that then people would be trying to guess who the father is. I don't think they'd want to be messing around with that for normal villagers, although I think it'd be a neat idea.

i agree it's super weird that they're just mimics. it's almost like the game designers didn't know that mama kangas aren't just two headed pouch animals, rather than, you know, two completely different beings that can be attached. would be much cooler if you could talk to the baby roos or at least they would react differently - interject words or do something to show that they are not just a sophisticated emoji option.

Ballad of The Goddess is just Zelda's Lullaby backwards. Nintendo don't seem to really create new "things", they'd much rather recycle other things as it's easier. So making the Joey the exact came as the mother makes sense. I also think the kangaroo design is really bad, as well as mouse villagers. I was quick to get rid of Limberg and one Kangaroo I had.

I think the female kangaroos' catchphrases relate to their Joey? I think it's super weird they do the same expressions..

Last edited:
I hate the fact that it's just a mini clone but it is unique and I like the creepy aspect of it! The only kangaroo I like is Marcie

I really like the idea of the female kangaroos, but I'm just not crazy about any of their designs. Mathilda is probably the only one that I would try out in my town.

Astrid looks like a clown wearing a swim floatie. And that's why I like her. Carrie is a really nice villager too.
Why does no one hate gorillas?

- - - Post Merge - - -

PS: I'm pretty ok with all the villagers except the villagers that represent food. (Yes, Tangy too.) They creep me out. So I'm pretty ok with kangaroos and joeys.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of them in general because it always felt weird when you see the babies kind of reacting too..?

I'm really fond of my kangaroo in Lunavila, Marcie, but a lot of the kangaroo villagers do have odd colour schemes in my opinion. I'm not against them but they aren't my favourites, apart from Marcie.

For some reason I like the joeys, they just look so cute! With their innocent eyes and their big noses. XD I had Kitt in my town once. Also I'm not too crazy about their designs, although I see some of their designs plain and bland, I guess they should make them more unique.

Astrid always reminded me of star spangled banners LOL dunno why but I do like some of the kangaroos! Marcie is pretty cute and I used to have Sylvia (I didn't think I'd like her at ALL but I grew to love her). I wouldn't mind trying Kitt either.

I like that the babies mimic the moms, it's a cute touch ^^

The first kangaroo I met was Sylvia. I just loved her right away. I next met Marcie. She's also a cutey. I soon realized that I loved all the kangaroos, especially the females because of the joey's.

Kangaroos who are female are generally weird and look like they are abusing their children when they clap.
Hence, Rooney is the only Kangaroo I can stand and actually enjoy. :)

Marcie is cute, I guess, but it feels weird seeing the joeys imitate them. It also looks repetitive in some way like you have two of the same villager but one is big and the other is small. That's just probably only me though.

Back