Positive Things About Christianity

In other news, I dropped some food off at my local church today. I read in a local newspaper that it has a "box under the table" for food, which is sent off to food banks, so I went over and dropped it off at the door. I was going to go in (provided my Bowie shirt wasn't going to get the priest out with pepper spray), but the door was locked. Kinda disheartening.

Aren't churches supposed to be open all the time? Never actually been in one, so perhaps I'm just misinformed.

In other news, I dropped some food off at my local church today. I read in a local newspaper that it has a "box under the table" for food, which is sent off to food banks, so I went over and dropped it off at the door. I was going to go in (provided my Bowie shirt wasn't going to get the priest out with pepper spray), but the door was locked. Kinda disheartening.

Aren't churches supposed to be open all the time? Never actually been in one, so perhaps I'm just misinformed.

What type of Religion was it? Or like what type of Christianity?

From what I know, it depends on the church. Most churches try to have adequate time available to the followers of Christ.

I'm a Christian myself, actually. It gives me a great sense of comfort to know that no matter how scared or alone I feel, God is there watching over me. Heaven is a very nice thought as well. A place with no pain and no darkness, just light and love. :blush:

Me too hun! <3 And honestly I couldn't have said it better!

It's comforting, I always pray when I have problems, they get solved quickly and easily. When I cry until my eyes sore up, which happens way more than it should, and there's nobody there for me anymore, I just drop to my knees and start talking to God. For hours I could do it. ^_^ After, I feel this huge comfort and weight that is lifted off my shoulders.

I was catholic, well not really...I was like 3. We would go to church and I would fall asleep so I don't even know if that counts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't care if its negative or what people think of me because of it. I said what I believe in, and I'm done. If people are going to be mad at me, so be it. Its their opinion and they're allowed to believe in whatever they want, I just don't believe in christianity. I don't need to scream back at someone if they get upset over my opinion.

Yes, you said what you believed in. Nothing negative and/or wrong with your belief. However, you said it in a negative way. You could've phrased it differently, to not have come off negatively. You came off as angry and upset, and while that might be how you feel, it's not positive. The title says positive.
If you're to share your beliefs, thoughts, and opinions with us again, please be sure to do so in a positive way that doesn't come off the way post #37. Thank you! ^-^

Last edited:
most churches (around here at least) are only open when theres staff there. also when there are events or something it might not be open to the public (like concerts or weddings or w/e)
all churches ive been forced to go to have had opening times somewhere that u could check out

Churches and the religion itself can be a home in desperate times.

Last edited:
I was raised a Catholic as a child and never really truely understood Christ until I was saved in 2014, now I consider myself as a born-again Christian. I love Jesus and everything about Him and what he did on the cross for all of us. What I love most about Christianity, the true Christians, is spreading the love of God. Seeing how the Muslim community and LGBT community being treated by other "Christians" is not the way Jesus would want his people to treat one another.
The Bible indeed says "love thy neighbor" but in Leviticus 18:21-22 Leviticus 20:13, and in 1 Corinthians 6:9 the Word does speak about homosexuality ( I saw it pop up a few times throughout the thread).

I'm really not sure how you're talking about how you're "becoming a christian" when you're homosexual, according to the bible you've already committed a sin that you have no control over.

How many times does this need to be said??? Christianity =/= GAY IS A SIN. literally the only thing about it refers to gay sex being a sin because it's for pleasure only but even then that's in the OLD TESTAMENT which is corrected by the New Testament. Jfc. Also even if Christianity were to deem homosexuality as a sin people can follow what they want if they believe. Stop being so got damn edgy plz

edit: just saw my post again and randomly remembered that was in the New Testament so I was confused. But still it's only about the act of gay sex and not gay people themselves

Last edited:
Christianity, just like music, has helped save lives. I know of an individual who was going through her Mother's closet to find her Mother's gun when a Bible fell on top of her. She started reading it. It saved her life, literally.

Back