• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Positive Things About Christianity

I am attending a private college next year. I chose it for many many reasons, but one of them was to hope improve my faith and spiritual life. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't care if its negative or what people think of me because of it. I said what I believe in, and I'm done. If people are going to be mad at me, so be it. Its their opinion and they're allowed to believe in whatever they want, I just don't believe in christianity. I don't need to scream back at someone if they get upset over my opinion.

Bruh. Stop being so edgy. This is supposed to be a positive post. Say what you want somewhere else. Thanks!

I don't care if its negative or what people think of me because of it. I said what I believe in, and I'm done. If people are going to be mad at me, so be it. Its their opinion and they're allowed to believe in whatever they want, I just don't believe in christianity. I don't need to scream back at someone if they get upset over my opinion.

This thread is for positive comments only as stated by the poster. If someone has nothing nice to say, then don't post. You're allowed to have a negative view towards Christianity, but please refrain from posting it in a thread trying to maintain a positive attitude. Although, I do urge you to research more as to why believing in Jesus as your lord and savior is so important for the Christian faith. Jesus paid for our sins and denying that he did is denying God's gift to eternal life in heaven.

The realisation and self-discovery of your religious/spiritual identity is the most positive thing I can think of that religion brings about. It's not a negative thing if you hate Christianity.

Only if you start hating Christians and/or acting on that hatred.

I think Christianity provides stability to communities. A lot of Churches in neighborhoods collect and raise for important things: canned food, hygiene supplies, (money that will benefit others), et cetera! c:

Free crackers and grape juice. ;]

Just kidding, when I did go to church as a kiddo I liked the singing mostly, them Christians sure know how to write a hymn.

Free crackers and grape juice. ;]

Just kidding, when I did go to church as a kiddo I liked the singing mostly, them Christians sure know how to write a hymn.

The music is amazing! ^.^

That was one of my favorite parts about Church, Youth group, and Bible camp.

I believe in God, and the fact that Christ drew a bridge between God and man by taking on our sins is beautiful and shows the loving nature of God. Because we all have a moral compass- though as we age, desires and bad influences can make it falter. Christianity as it is, and not the deviations of it that are tainted with man's racism, hate induced violence, and greed for gain, is founded on the things Jesus said and the Jewish holy books. Jesus' speech was filled with the law of love and reconciliation. And through my faith in God and the acts of Jesus and the guidance of Holy Spirit, I've felt more love and reconciliation in my life even with some "friends" deserting me for my change in conduct. It helped me out of making very unhealthy lifestyle choices and out of unhealthy relationships. And now I, as well as many others, are promised salvation as a gift.

I could go on, but I'm trying to be concise.

One of the best things about Christianity is the rhetoric of forgiveness! :blush:

I really enjoy some of the messages it teaches and it comforts me alot, makes me feel like im not a lone or weak. My saint name (for catholics who got confirmed) was maria, cause she was the mother of the caring mom Mary. (also its kinda close to my name lol) what are yours?

I appreciate how talented Christians are with music. I've been to small churches all over the south, and most of the members can't read sheet music, but that doesn't mean jack because they can really get to it on the guitar and singing. The songs are really beautiful musically and lyrics-wise. And I can't speak for most of the places I've gone to church, but the church my family currently goes to has genuinely caring people. They know I'm not a believer and they still accept me with open arms when I visit.

Christianity has done wonders in my life.

I've struggled with mental illnesses my whole existence and I feel like I would not be in the place I am today without the impact the church has had on me. The people who go are absolutely bright and shiny folks who accept whoever decided to walk in that door and takes them as their own. Not only that, but God has done so much for me throughout my life and continues to bless me each and every day. I believe that I am given more from him since I have decided to open my heart to him (You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.- Jeremiah 29:13). Most of my close friends are religiously guided through life like me and it's probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

Not only have I decided to attend church every Sunday, I have attended a youth group religiously for the last 3-4 months which has also one a lot for me. It gives me a release from the outside world and reminds me that there are good people that I have that I can rely on. We also learn a lot from our group leaders sermons which teach us a way to apply the bible to our modern lives. We even have small groups split my age levels and I am in the college aged girls group. In the groups we talk about important subjects that affect us like the media, the hookup culture, friends, family issues, and stress in general. The other girls and I get to vent to each other and share out struggles without the worry that the others will go and blab about it. And with all of these great things going on, since we are in the church it feels like God is protecting each and every one of us.

Another thing, (last thing I promise) the church has lead me to building up my strength and going out of my comfort zone. Soon I will be attempting to be a leader in my church, maybe even sing in our masses, and start assisting my church as a whole. I am even part of a group that will be venturing out to Ecuador this August to help those in need :)

I was raised Christian but I'm now agnostic atheist with my own theories.

However, I think a lot of the lessons I learned going to the church I went to helped form me into a pretty decent person. I liked my church because the pastors wouldn't judge - they were always very accepting. My best friend in our Wednesday night church meeting was flamboyantly gay, and I haven't had faith in god for as long as I can remember, easily as early as 12 and maybe younger, and instead of trying to convert me, they were interested to hear how I thought the universe came to be.

The church I went to was really pretty nice. I don't remember ever once listening to a pastor preach about going to hell. They only taught to be accepting of one another, accepting and overcoming our sins and hardships, and doing what we could to help our neighbors shoulder their burdens, too.

Sounds like you were pretty fortunate! Some churches are not like that at all. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have issues regarding hypocrisy among some churchgoers in how they treat others and over the past few years have strayed away from organized religion and kept to myself. That said, I understand that the bad apples, while numerous, don't automatically ruin the bunch. As such, I don't hold ill will toward religious people unless they prove themselves individually to be deserving of such by their words and actions.

I'm currently going through a very dark time financially, and though I've wavered in my belief over the past few years, at the moment it is one of the few things keeping me from being utterly despondent.

Remember that all Christians are just people too. Everyone makes mistakes. Light attracts bugs.

Christianity hasn't really done much for me. It also hasn't done much for the homosexuals, atheists, and just all around people who aren't believers. Unless they're black, if they're black and say something that contradicts them then it's all fine because they were oppressed. But what if, it gets to the point where black people are oppressing us and people just say "it's fine, they were oppressed"? Same with muslims right now, people are always saying stuff like "muslims deserve to be taken in as refugees because where they're from is not welcoming to them". Well guess what, many christian families will disown their children if they're homosexual, many of the kids just end up homeless because their parents kicked them out of the house. Also, Christianity gave aids to africa

Christianity hasn't really done much for me. It also hasn't done much for the homosexuals, atheists, and just all around people who aren't believers. Unless they're black, if they're black and say something that contradicts them then it's all fine because they were oppressed. But what if, it gets to the point where black people are oppressing us and people just say "it's fine, they were oppressed"? Same with muslims right now, people are always saying stuff like "muslims deserve to be taken in as refugees because where they're from is not welcoming to them". Well guess what, many christian families will disown their children if they're homosexual, many of the kids just end up homeless because their parents kicked them out of the house. Also, Christianity gave aids to africa

God bless! >3

Last edited:
God bless! >3

I'm really not sure how you're talking about how you're "becoming a christian" when you're homosexual, according to the bible you've already committed a sin that you have no control over.

I'm really not sure how you're talking about how you're "becoming a christian" when you're homosexual, according to the bible you've already committed a sin that you have no control over.

I'm not sure how my life affects you. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It doesn't, I just don't get your logic/reasoning because it seems like you fail to see the irony of what you're advocating for.

Then please stop trying to talk to me (on a thread) if you don't understand my beliefs.

Guys, not trying to mini-mod, but please just understand the title. It is for positive things about Christianity.

Anyways, I have been one my whole life and it has got me through some tough times.

Anyways, I have been one my whole life and it has got me through some tough times.

I think it is outstanding that you've been a Christian throughout your whole life. Christianity helps many through and through! :blush:

Back