Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0000-0000-0000
Don't post negativity!
Please and thank you!

My question is... for you who have incorporated Christianity into your lives, what positive things has it done?

I am always wishy-washy on this topic. From believing to not believing, vice versa. I'd just like to read about some of the good things you believe Christianity has done for you.

Last edited:
I believe in it. And I like it. I've learned to like it when I was little and I still do.

Now that I replied. If the negative replies happen, i'm gonna avoid this thread.

I believe in it. And I like it. I've learned to like it when I was little and I still do.

Now that I replied. If the negative replies happen, i'm gonna avoid this thread.

Is there a specific reason for your strong faith? Does it bring comfort and security? I know that I felt comforted and secure at the points when I believed. :blush:

Last edited:
I don't follow the bible or anything but I do believe that god looks out for me, or at least my spirit animals of some kind. I feel like some sort of force out there looks out for me and makes sure I'm okay.

It makes me feel secure to have some being care for me like that.

I was raised Christian but I'm now agnostic atheist with my own theories.

However, I think a lot of the lessons I learned going to the church I went to helped form me into a pretty decent person. I liked my church because the pastors wouldn't judge - they were always very accepting. My best friend in our Wednesday night church meeting was flamboyantly gay, and I haven't had faith in god for as long as I can remember, easily as early as 12 and maybe younger, and instead of trying to convert me, they were interested to hear how I thought the universe came to be.

The church I went to was really pretty nice. I don't remember ever once listening to a pastor preach about going to hell. They only taught to be accepting of one another, accepting and overcoming our sins and hardships, and doing what we could to help our neighbors shoulder their burdens, too.

Last edited:
I used to be one of those critically-opposed to Christianity/ religion people. However, then I took an omniology class... literally the study of everything. It talked about an innate system of needs that we all must fulfill, one of which was spiritual. People fulfill this spiritual need in different ways, the main one being through a religion that aligns with and molds one's values and beliefs. I re-looked at my perception of religion after that, and thought it was pretty bad of me to have bias on someone for that.

However, I lived in a highly Christian city and I did run into a lot of the radical christians, who tried to convert me at every instance. I personally don't believe I need a system to tell me to be a good person and it staunchly contradicts my scientific views.

Sorry for this not necessarily being positive, but I thought it was a neat perspective and could be brought up in a non-accusatory light

Since we have to play nice, Christianity seems like the most comforting of the religions. Since the only ticket to going to heaven is to believe in Jesus really anyone can get a pass into a good afterlife. For a lot of people it is a huge reliever of the fear of death.

Private school introduced me to best people I've ever met.

I can attribute the existence of Christianity to the existence of private Christian schools right?

Since we have to play nice, Christianity seems like the most comforting of the religions. Since the only ticket to going to heaven is to believe in Jesus really anyone can get a pass into a good afterlife. For a lot of people it is a huge reliever of the fear of death.

So if you commit a really awful crime like if you kill someone, as long as you believe in Jesus, you'll get to go rest peacefully in heaven?

I know it's all about forgiveness but shouldn't those horrible people be doomed to hell?

So if you commit a really awful crime like if you kill someone, as long as you believe in Jesus, you'll get to go rest peacefully in heaven?

I know it's all about forgiveness but shouldn't those horrible people be doomed to hell?

If you do something awful, and you ask for forgiveness, then Jesus will forgive you. If you do it again, and ask him to forgive you, then he won't. If it's repetitive, you won't go to heaven. Something along those lines, my memory is foggy. :)
Obviously, this just my belief! ^_^

parents and siblings are christian i only go to church for selfies next to the pretty stained glass. while we're on the topic of religion once me and my friend went to the church at night and i climbed on top of the cross and kissed jesus

If you do something awful, and you ask for forgiveness, then Jesus will forgive you. If you do it again, and ask him to forgive you, then he won't. If it's repetitive, you won't go to heaven. Something along those lines, my memory is foggy. :)
Obviously, this just my belief! ^_^

It's actually forgiveness no matter how much you do something as long as you're truly repentant and aren't being manipulative or whatever idk how to explain it

edit: forgot to add it but people like serial killers aren't capable of that so it balances out ok

Last edited:
i've never been religious. i just don't care about it
i have no problem with christians but i used to go to a sunday school because my mom wanted me to socialize i was around 10 at the time and the people working there would say "believe in jesus or you'll go to Hell! we don't want you to go there! have some candy" we did so many fun activites though and there were times where i actually wanted to go
they were very friendly and one woman who worked there took me to starbucks and we talked about religion. it made me understand it a bit more

Last edited:
I believe in God, and that the is a heaven and hell, however I don't believe in jn fully believe in the stories of the Bible.

To me there is a sense of comfort knowing that God is out there and has a plan for us.

Several years ago my grandparents were in a nasty car accident, where my grandma took most of the impact (before side airbags were a thing). She was unconscious in the hospital and the doctors had no explanation. Realistically she should of died that night, but I believe that God knew it wasn't her time yet. She may have had significant brain damage but she lived, and brought our family closer together - and I believe that was a miracle

Shaunie Divider Final Upload .png

In my personal belief, I do believe that people who commit murder are ultimately going to hell regardless of whether or not they beg for forgiveness. By committing murder you are making a choice to physically harm another person, it's not just some fist fight and then you walk away, you are taking away their life. Murder is a CHOICE (key word CHOICE), unless it is self-defense it is inexcusable. So when you decide to take another person's life, you are sacrificing your own for eternal suffering in Hell.

For example, say someone spends 50 years doing absolutely nothing with their life (that's a sin in Christianity, Sloth one of the Seven Deadly Sins) and they change their meaningless lifestyle completely around and ask for forgiveness that would be 'water under the bridge' for him. Most sins like that one for example, even much more severe sins than that example can be forgiven because in Christianity we are taught that God is forgiving which is one of the reasons people would go to Church to cleanse yourself of the sins you've committed. Murder on the other hand I believe is immoral and deserves eternal suffering in Hell. In Christianity we are taught that life is sacred so by following that logic, Hell is where murderers should ultimately go.

Dark King Boo Scary Purple .jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a total bible-burner but I don't quote the Bible and everything it says and live by it. I don't go to church, I don't listen to people preaching about Jesus or God and I'm generally neutral-grounded. But I was baptized (my god-father is actually a rock star, who doesn't ever teach me about God), I do impartially believe in God and I will pray every once in a while. Regardless of whether a God exists or not, it gives me hope.

I have issues regarding hypocrisy among some churchgoers in how they treat others and over the past few years have strayed away from organized religion and kept to myself. That said, I understand that the bad apples, while numerous, don't automatically ruin the bunch. As such, I don't hold ill will toward religious people unless they prove themselves individually to be deserving of such by their words and actions.

I'm currently going through a very dark time financially, and though I've wavered in my belief over the past few years, at the moment it is one of the few things keeping me from being utterly despondent.

In my eyes, Hell is just a way to scare people into being nice and conform to what everybody else thinks. I believe in a kind of Hell, but nobody is stuck there forever, and nobody sits there being burnt by demons or anything. From what I've read about it, the afterlife is actually really quite boring. Christianity tells a lot more fantastical story.

Forgot to mention I like Buddhism a lot. I know it's not a religion, but that's as close as I get to stuff like this. I have a lovely silver Buddha.

Last edited:
While I may not be extremely religious, I am a Christian, and I do believe in God. I grew up in a church that is full of friendly and caring people. The pastors for the English and Spanish services preach excellent, positive sermons, and you can really feel a strong godly attitude among the churchgoers. I wish I could say the same about the Christian private school I went to, but they had a lot of radical and old school views that I just couldn't agree with.

Back