• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Flowers barely grow anymore

Twisterheart

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Recently I've been having a really hard time growing hybrids. I have never had this problem before until recently. I have the beautiful town ordianance, and I use a golden watering can and fertilizers but still flowers barely grow. I get maybe one hybrid out of all the flowers I try to breed, if even that. In fact flowers in general rarely spring up in my town anymore.

Is this because it's winter or did the update make it harder for flowers to grow? I have never noticed this before until now

It might be cause it is winter cause honestly I have been having trouble too. I cannot breed pink roses. I keep watering them but nothing. ;w; usually I don't even water them and they spread like mad.

Hey! I had the same problem as you, and the thing that works for me is moving the flowers to a different spot. It seems that the ground dies after a while and needs to recharge. Not sure how true this is, but it's my theory. It did work for me though! Also keep in mind that some days are just luckier than others, so you might just be having a string of bad luck.

Are you trying to breed ALL of them at once? It's best to just have a few breeding at a time at least in my experience. When I have a ton out not much will grow but when I only have a few breeding pairs out and water only those they tend to grow more often.

I would just take two same flowers you're trying to breed to an isolated area with no other flowers around it and just water those with the gold watering can + fertiliser. If you water other flowers it lowers your chances of the one you want to breed (this has worked for me in my experience idk if it's really true). Your villagers also water flowers so maybe that contributes to flowers breeding in other places that you don't notice? Hybrid breeding all feels pretty luck based to me sometimes so you're not alone in your frustration.

Back