What if in the next game villager personalities are assigned randomly?

jPottie

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
As in any villager could be any type. You might have a peppy Rosie for example, but you may notice when you visit a friend's town their Rosie is snooty.

I think it would be interesting if personalities weren't gender locked. Hello, lazy girls exist!

It'll make it harder for us to get the right personality types in town if it was randomized. In theory, it's an interesting idea, but in reality, I think it will be frustrating. Too many things in AC are random, so adding more random elements will not be good. In my opinion anyway..

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it would be interesting if personalities weren't gender locked. Hello, lazy girls exist!

I agree with this. Wish there were both genders in each personality category :(

I'm not sure if I like the idea to be honest. Some could probably use a personality change, but in general, I feel like they'd lose their identity and their character might come up shallow.

Honestly, I think it'd be really strange if Julian sounded cranky, or if Merengue had the uchi personality.

However, I do wish the personalities weren't gender-locked. I wish there was a male peppy type or a female lazy type. Maybe some new dialogue for the swapped "gender/type" villagers, but I like the idea of tomboy, jock girls or snooty pretty-boys.

A lot of personalities just aren't fitting for how the neighbors look. I agree with everyone saying that personalities that aren't gender-locked would be neat though, I'd love seeing some more diversity in neighbors' dialogues. After Wild World I feel like the personalities and variety in speech seemed to simmer down by a lot.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not spending 10 years looking for a normal poppy although there are some villagers i wish were uchi

I think they should be set, but they shouldn't be gendered. I also hope they come out with another personality or more varied personalities. Even if they did "in between" personalities. Like a lazy but snooty villager, or a cranky jock. I think that'd be so much fun, just to have more variance. More dialogue especially.

So I could get a cranky Rosie with a male cranky voice?! No... just... no. That would be fightening. lol
Or how about Apollo with a female peppy voice? lmao

But in all seriousness, I think it would be a bad thing because it will take people forever to get a villager with the right personality and some villagers' designs would not match their personality at all. Though I do think personalities should not be gender-locked, like have a female lazy personality.

Nah, I'm not a big fan of that idea. I always felt that the personality type is one of the most important parts of identifying a villager. One of my favourite parts about Animal Crossing is that when you learn more about a villager, you kind of grow to love them for all kinds of things, but especially their personalities. The little things about a villager is also what makes them special, like their coffee preferences or what they're afraid of during Halloween. If personalities were randomised, then it would kind of do the opposite effect and make villagers more boring than interesting.

A lot of villagers have designs that were made to match their personalities anyway. I can't imagine villagers like Tiffany or Diana to be anything else but snooty.

True! I would love to see an uchi-boy :p

Overall, I think it would give the game more depth. It would also change the value players place on villagers. I mean a derpy looking villager with normal personality (my favorite) could definitely be a redeeming factor. It would also be a lot like Pokemon where we could trade a Snooty Diana for a Smug Diana instead.

It'll make it harder for us to get the right personality types in town if it was randomized. In theory, it's an interesting idea, but in reality, I think it will be frustrating. Too many things in AC are random, so adding more random elements will not be good. In my opinion anyway..

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with this. Wish there were both genders in each personality category :(

Yes! It's so weird that males can't be peppy or normal. The problem is, snooty males. I was thinking they could have slighty different text for each gender.

Jock and Peppy villagers have similar traits only that jock are obsessed with fitness and like cool things while peppy villagers like sports but goes in the cute side.

So, it's pointless to make a male peppy villager if the jock personality works for it.

I believe the personalities should had been set as they are.

No reason to make it random since it would ruin the classification and villager identity regardless of same personality have similar dialogue.

It's pointless to make male snooty villagers since cranky villagers are also snooty.
They even critize your clothes, house decoration and spread rumors.

Normal villagers and lazy villagers have a lot in common though the normal villagers are usually concerned about cleaning and are neutral about most hobbies.

It's also pointless making a male uchi villager since uchi and smugs have some similarities.
The differences is that uchi villagers usually don't flirt with the player and don't like to be flirted, besides they're more tomboyish but yet caring about their friends.

Like I said, peppy villagers and jock villagers have similar personalities and both are upbeat, though they do have some differences due their different genders.

Making the villagers have random personalities will only mess with the series identity instead of helping.

I don't love that idea.. but well lets say you have like 10 snooty villagers. You don't want those constantly nagging at you, like, they forgot to put on sunscreen, or forgot to brush their hair, or do their makeup. Irl some people can be like that but you want different types of friends, right? So the personality system rn is good I'd say

As much as this would be cool, i'd probably be that person who'd reset over and over if I didn't have a villager with a personality that I liked for them. With that in mind, it'd probably get very frustrating when you get a villager that you really wanted after resetting a million times for them, only to find out that they're a personality you're not really fond of. Or when you find a random move in plot for a dreamie and then be disappointed to find out that they're for example a jock when you wanted a lazy. (I don't hate either of these personalities, just an example) I suppose that can be avoided with the VTP though, because you could just look for somebody that's selling a smug Marshal or a jock Marshal. But I can imagine the prices would go up with how "rare" it is to encounter that villager with that personality type.

To sum it up, I think it'd be cool but also very annoying. Like imagine having a completely perfect town and then resetting because a villager isn't a personality type that you wanted because it's random.

Back