• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Signature Height Checker Tool

This is extremely impressive, nice job

Hey all, I've spent some time working on this tool that allows you to see how tall your signature is on The Bell Tree Forums. The idea is that this will make it a lot easier for people to check if their signature is over the height limit or not. I guess moderators could also use it to find signature height offenders if they're feeling particularly evil.

Here's how it works:
You go to https://tools.tenhourguy.com/TBTsig.php and navigate to a thread. Then, in the top-left corner of the screen, there will be a table displaying the height of everyone's signature in the thread, and each row will be highlighted green if the signature is at the limit or below it, red if it is over the limit and white if there isn't a signature. That's it, really.

It's still a little rough around the edges at the moment, but can be tidied up and maybe even integrated into the actual Bell Tree website if the staff wish for it. I have only tested it in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so don't go whinging about it not working on old versions of Internet Explorer etc. If there is no table, your browser is not supported.

Anyone particularly observant will notice that everything is effectively being run through a proxy. An unintended side-effect of this is that this can be used to bypass any school/work filters, but the main reason is to be able to run all the fancy JavaScript stuff I want to run, which works through the magic of my own trial-and-error.

Perhaps the best way to show off this handy little thing would be through a video, but you're really not getting much more from this than just going straight there or reading all this:

Here's hoping this can be of great use to all! I hope this thread doesn't count as advertising or anything silly like that as I think this could be somewhat beneficial to the community. Feedback is appreciated. :)

Link to signature height checker:
https://tools.tenhourguy.com/TBTsig.php

I don't even know what to say! :blush:

one one hand, is it that hard to just boot up in any basic image editing program or otherwise check file properties?

on the other hand, nice job I guess?

Last edited:
Oh my god, this is VERY cool! You should be very proud! I am so amazed by this! This will definitely help users with their own signatures and perhaps ratting other people out. Lmao

Or you can save yourself and just hover your mouse over the image in the folder

T8tme25.png

for when checking file properties is somehow too hard

but what if you have text and stuff
images are easy to calculate but not when you have text either up or down

Take a screencap and crop it in Paint (pretty sure it comes with all computers), imgur, or any other image program/site

Last edited:
This is actually really handy, thank you! I had known that before the rules update that my signature was within the limit but after testing out your tool I can see that it's a little over. Trying to fix it now. Great work, thanks for taking the time to do this.

This is actually really handy, thank you! I had known that before the rules update that my signature was within the limit but after testing out your tool I can see that it's a little over. Trying to fix it now. Great work, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I think that's because it's in a table, which adds some extra space beneath. I had this with a signature of mine before and just ignored it.

And to everyone else, thank you for the positive reception. I've just fixed an issue where signatures including images hosted on TBT would give innacurate measurements. :)

This is amazing! On the other hand...

MY SIGS OVER THE LIMIT BY 8px!!! GOTTA GO SORT THAT OUT!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fixed it :D

This seems like a very helpful tool.
rip, my sig is 287 px, so I'll probably lower it down...

Back