• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager(s) assimilating your town

My villagers never pass on their shirt and catchphrase to other villagers because they never talk to each other (even though they live right next to each other). They all wear aloha and blossom shirts however though that's because it's a part of my town's theme. They all have their default catchphrases as well and I'm trying to prevent them from changing it (if they ask you to change it, change it to the default one. Note: you can only do this in New Leaf, the older games prevent you from changing it to the current catchphrase). Also, I have Bob in my town and he hasn't done anything wrong nor any of the other villagers have. Maybe your Bob is a defective? lol

My villagers never pass on their shirt and catchphrase to other villagers because they never talk to each other (even though they live right next to each other). They all wear aloha and blossom shirts however though that's because it's a part of my town's theme. They all have their default catchphrases as well and I'm trying to prevent them from changing it (if they ask you to change it, change it to the default one. Note: you can only do this in New Leaf, the older games prevent you from changing it to the current catchphrase). Also, I have Bob in my town and he hasn't done anything wrong nor any of the other villagers have. Maybe your Bob is a defective? lol
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Bob, but he has to stop spreading his shirt and catchphrase, its pretty weird hearing a bear go pthhtph

Funny story a bit as I have Rolf and Bianca in the same town, Rolf spins around and is wearing the pink Heart tee, I am always mistaking him for her now..Rolf take that pink shirt off...As far as their own shirts spreading or phrases I have a now all horse town that once had 3 cats the horses are running around yelling Meeoowza lol. And someone's hideous shirt has spread like wildfire through my town Aqualuna, still a work in progress but I swear if they get to Marshall then Peewee Portia and the culprit who I assume was Puddles or Diva will pay, lol. I turn around I hear singing no why are all my males wearing this pink shirt I don't know Puddles why? lol. But typically if one of my males asks for a girly shirt I happen to be carrying he doesn't put it on or I speed talk him past changing not Rolf vroom, hey is that Rolf or Bianca guess I will have to get closer much closer. And then my own fault of changing the bad patterns I made a shirt pattern I now despise it looked like an ok guys shirt but then whole town wears it I see it on Chrissy run to discontinue. I am not the best always at patterns right at startup so will stick to umbrellas u til am ready to work, lol. I try to get them in better clothes but if it isn't a birthday it ends up decorating I hate going in and seeing ugly shirts on a house inspect so I buy them. I did make a little mistake and with new items my male alt was gifted a stylish women's suit..I thought my female character had that but it was a different women's suit and now I am trying to get it off of Skye so I can buy it hence she will be getting an inflow of new shirts and baited pockets u til I retrieve that Apparantly rare gift Fang gave my alt. Oh the chills when I hear the swirl noise and singing who is spreading their shirt that only looks good on them or never did at all, lol. And long long ago I learned to not give them pets I hate turning down a favor but I do t need you decorating with creepy crawlies. I never had the time with so many towns to play HHD but I might start as I have seen the most beautiful houses tailored that had to have been from there or serious hard work everything and every clothing item was spotless.. The only town that the shirt issue can't touch is all sheep every scarf looks charming no shirts just scarves. They are already dressed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 194236
I gave Curly a birthday present a while back and now everybody is wearing it...except for Isabelle.

That is funny and cute it could've been worse than denim jackets plus I love the pig town I am thinking of starting one myself I just need to find Lucy again that picture made me smile though it could be worse I wish I had a shot of Rolf and Bianca in the heart tees from behind it was like hey Bian...Rolf? Hey Rol....nope no it is B I had no idea how similar their designs are until that shirt.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Bob, but he has to stop spreading his shirt and catchphrase, its pretty weird hearing a bear go pthhtph

No you know what's weird? Rosie in Fang's shirt saying 'Cha-chomp' o_O
Fang is spreading his shirt all over my down. DX

I had to reset my old town because of a certain purple smug goat came and tried to take over my town with an army of undead mummies. What I mean is, the little anarchist started spreading mummy shirts to my villagers, and to top it off, he stole Kabuki's default catchprase "meooo-OH" and gave that to everyone. So now, they're looking AND groaning like mummies. Every time I got one villager out of the dang shirt, he'd go and give it back to them! I got so mad at that villager for ruining my town that I just reset. Haven't had this sorta problem since.

Now, currently in my town Sapphire, Monique decided to leave a parting gift with my villagers and gave like 3 of them the custom catchphrase I gave her, which is "purrky". So now, I have Cesar, Angus, and Wendy saying that, and it's just weird but funny. xD

I made three custom design shirts with mini flags on them but the ones that are wearing them are all wearing the yellow, I wish they would have picked more evenly. They all have the same catchphrase which is "fruity", I like that they have the same one but I kinda want to change it but I don't know to what.

Oh, yeah, this is a great post! At one point almost everyone in town was wearing the skull shirt. Ugh! My mayor told Alice in a letter that it wasn't becoming on her and she has never worn it since. Scary!

I tried an experiment once and sent 5 villagers the Santa coat all on the same day, but hardly anyone wore it. I would have loved to get a photo like the one with the denim vest!

PS Just came from a thread about catchphrases. It's funny, too!

[URL="http://www.belltreeforums.showthread.php?409360-Funny-catchphrases-and-greetings[/URL]

Everyone keeps wearing that one shirt from Someone from Anytown ;-; It bugs me sometimes so I just give them a new shirt, but they wear it for like 3 days then pass it on to another villager. Then they wear that shirt from Someone from Anytown again. The struggle is real ;-;

Early on, Yuka got a present, which was a Happi Tee. She immediately put it on, and never changed out of it. She proceeded to give it to other villagers. I was the original Happi Tee wearer.

I started a trend in Nentown.

This is one of my favorite quirks of the game. And it's kind of a funny social commentary, too, when you think about it.

Loved reading through these posts (and the pictures!!)

I think it's really funny when they do that, and it's fun to see it happen to. Because I was trying to get my villagers to all wear my custom shirts but they do it on their own you can't really force them. But I have seen like two villagers do the whole "talking" thing where you can tell their interacting. And then one will change into the other villagers shirt and then they'll both go about singing. It's really cute. But it can be irritating when a villager has an awful catchphrase and taste in clothes and it spreads... I always get mad but it's nice to know they interact and stuff like that, that it's more than just you talking to them. Gives them more life in my opinion.

Back