• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Doubutsu no Mori Town

Fernweh

Bells
Winter Mittens
I wanted to recreate the town of the Animal Crossing Movie Doubutsu no Mori for a while now with all the villagers that appear in it because I enjoyed it so much.
Would that be a good idea?
And who should be my 9th villager, since I cannot obtain Champ? Another monkey?

Flip would probably be your closest match, but honestly you could use anybody you think would work.

that would be cute you could make it so the town takes place like 5/10 years after the events in the anime and ai is the mayor! you could also just add rosie margie and alfonso since they were the main villagers in the anime and replace the rest with all new ones. it would make sense because some of them have all moved on but those 3 stayed in town. the side characters could be yu who would live across the lake. for the rest of the town it will be very hard to remodel since most of the buildings are now located on mainstreet and retail/cafe/police are now their own things. i think having a cluster of normal/cedar trees to create a path to places would work well. i wouldnt use paths at all unless its flower qr codes because lots of the flowers in the anime are all clustered together so scattering some random flowers (there were lots of tulips in the anime) and qr code flowers would look nice. if you do want to add paths you could really do whatever you want since ai is the mayor now and she can do w/e the hell she wants with the town, but if you wanna stick to the original look i would just add yellowish brown dirt paths (new leaf made the dirt look way too dark brown so natural paths wouldnt look good imo). as i said you should add trees but try to put them all along the paths on both sides because in the anime you get actual angles of the town but in game its shown from above. try to imagine how it looks from your character's view. that helped me a lot with my town (my town right now looks a lot like the town in the movie in some spots). you could also add ai, rosie, and margie's beach towels to the beach, that'd be kinda cute

as for the map, this picture kind of shows what kind of map you need, although idk how you can get this map without hacking
h-103_53301_doubutu.jpg

idk i guess you should just really really pay attention during the series and see where things are and try to update and remodel it in your game. :)

I don?t plan on putting paths down, but I really like your idea of dirt paths... ^^
As for the map, I decided to keep the one I have now, since it looks like my very first town in Wild World! I think it even looks a bit like the map in the movie.
The only problem I have is with the 9th villager (I kind of want a monkey but don't know which one...) and with all the town projects... Where to put the police station etc...
I guess it is easier if I place the houses of the villagers first and then the public projects...

The only problem is that New Leaf's town is too small to make it look similar. Animal Village (the name of the movie's town) had a ramp on the north-east by the cliff (Ai ran up it for a bit in the movie) which would be impossible to add in New Leaf due to the ramps being near the beach. As for a 9th villager, have them be Hopper since he was fishing in the town in the movie (he didn't live there but he may have moved in when Margie moved out). The 10th villager could be anyone. I hope the next game will have a much larger town so players can replicate Animal Village.

Well Nana is a FEMALE monkey, and she looks pretty similar aside from being pink. :)

Last edited:
Well, there have been many people that imagined doing this... But none succeeded. I'd find it great if somebody finally made a great town based off the anime, but I think this idea will just go down once again.

Well, there have been many people that imagined doing this... But none succeeded. I'd find it great if somebody finally made a great town based off the anime, but I think this idea will just go down once again.

yeah its almost impossible ive tried to do it but the movie and the game are 2 way different things. movie makes everything look so realistic while the game can only go so far with realism so it just ends up looking strange. animal crossing switch might fix this though, gimme them HD graphics :p

While I'm one of those who's tried and failed at making Animal Village, I think Fernweh should definitely still try and go for it. There will be differences, yes, but that's just because of the switch in consoles and show to game. I think that picture is a good idea of what your map could be, but it's not necessary to follow that. I think the big thing will be the villagers you have, your landscaping, and the PWPs.

I think you should have the main PWPs not necessarily in a row like a "main street", but they should be clustered together, the way Nook's and Able Sisters were next to each other in Wild World. Maybe put the cafe and the police station next to Re-Tail and do it that way?

I know I'm necrobumping here but please forgive me:
I've actually made my town inspired by the one in the movie. I have most of the villagers from the movie (except the crankies, since the town is loosely based on the movie, not completely based on it which is why I replaced them with some of my favourite villagers), the locations of the houses are similar to where they were in the movie, the message board is next to the town hall (via 'black magic'), there's a chair next to Whitney's house near a tree just like in the movie, Whitney has a flower bed with blue roses on it (since Apollo isn't in the town, so I went for Whitney who has a relationship with Apollo in the movie), the native fruit are cherries, there's a second player in the town called Ai who has red hair with two pig tails and starry eyes like in the movie and I plan on making a player based on Yu as well.

Last edited:
Well, I would say use the villagers from the movie (Rosie, Whitney, Margie, Alfonso, Hopper, Apollo, Cesar, Cyrano) even though Hopper isn't a villager in the movie... he could be for this anyway. Then I would say to have Flip because he's a jock monkey, and your last villager could be an Uchi? Maybe Renee or something? For the town, like someone said I would just have dirt paths, with random flowers scattered along the edges, and for Ai's house, she had a kitchen as the main room if I remember correctly. Yu could be another resident of the town as well, but far away from Ai and the rest of the villagers. And like someone else said, I would design a beach towel pattern or download a QR code for it and then put it on the beach.

I just made the towels for the characters on the beach. They look exactly like they did in the movie. The only thing missing is the umbrella, but that's because it flew away. :p

UPDATE: I've given up on making a town similar to the one in the movie. It's just too hard to maintain. Instead, I am going to make my town look like it did back in late-2016/early-2017, mainly for nostalgic purposes. I'm still keeping the villagers I currently have though. I know it's going to take a while, but it may get me back into playing New Leaf more (even though I recently started Let's Go to the City so I have to take care of that as well, not to mention that game is my favourite in the series). I've gotten rid of the alternate character based on Ai as well since the villagers wouldn't stop talking about it (it was hard to do since Isabelle was trying to make me feel bad).

Back