• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Buying refurbished 3ds xl

Laureline

Afk at Random
Bells
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Blue Candy
Purple Candy
Famous Mushroom
Sakura Easter Egg
Has anyone bought one from Nintendo directly? Since I can't find one except from scalpers. I thought to look at the Nintendo store it's self for one. I saw the refurbished black one for $170 USD it even comes with a one year warranty. Though it'll be a little bit more depending on what shipping speed I pick.

But I wanted to see if anyone has gotten one from them. Would love to hear your experiences and opinions from those who haven't.

If this is the wrong forum for it, sorry about that.

Last edited:
I bought both of mine new, but as far as refurbished tech you always want to go with ones refurbished by the company itself. I've bought a refurbished TV, Tablet, PS3, and I know something else... can't think of it. But I bought them all from the company itself and they've worked good as new. Now in the past I bought a refurbished phone from a different company than it's manufacturer and it got messed up in no time, they must have just done a quick fix and something was internally wrong in it. So definitely anything refurbished go for ones being done by the company itself, that was you can know it has the parts it's meant to have and have been checked to work properly.

I bought my 3ds XL refurbished 4 years ago through amazon (although it says certified by Nintendo). I was able to buy games and everything fine and the device worked smoothly. There was only one problem that only applied to animal crossing... basically my game would always boot me off/error whenever I opened and closed a closet or storage locker?? so I think it was a game problem rather than a device problem. It was so hard to collect items and play in general that I actually quit the game and only picked it up after the update... and thankfully after the WA update it never happened again! so I guess it was just a bug. So yeah, I have had positive experiences with my refurbished DS.

I bought a New 3DS XL bundle just a while ago. Im thinking of putting some things to decorate it :D its not a bad choice

- - - Post Merge - - -

It has some of the point scratched on the side, but Im gonna put someting over it like a cover plate :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would recommend a bundle. Or the NEW versions.

I see what your saying when it comes to buying from the source of the item. Nintendo has their name and reputation riding on the fact that they refurbish. Their consoles to almost new condition.

I mean they'd likely do a better job than gamestop. My 3ds I have now is a refurbished one from gamestop . It's only lasted two years, camera has stopped working. So I can't scan qr codes which is a real shame for me. Also the 3d feature wouldn't turn off until I went into the settings and locked it. When I bought it the sd card was missing and they didn't reset the parental controls. :/

I haven't bought anything refurbished from Nintendo, but my PS4, some speakers, a guitar amp and a few other things laying around my house that I can't remember are all 'refurbished'. Never had any problems with any of them and (aside from the PS4) I've had/used them long enough for any issues to be chalked up to general wear and tear you would get with a new product...I've not yet had the PS4 long enough for that to apply.

Just try buy them from the manufacturer themselves though rather than some wannabe tech guy on ebay that 'fixed' the thing probably by using 'wikihow' articles. You're asking for disappointment if you do that.

Not all refurbished stuff is necessarily 'fixed' stuff either, sometimes it's just stuff that had a little scratch somewhere or the box was a bit scuffed so it's not 'shelf worthy'. That stuff is often called 'graded', but I've seen so many listings for things titled 'refurbished' when they mean 'graded'.

My 3DS XL that I have is a refurbished one, it works well and I never had any problems with it. Got it from Gamestop. If the source seems reputable then I see no problem.

Back