Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
So, I played wild world as a kid and I have never reset. My town name and character suck. I have 7 villagers no one will move in or out. The only reason I'm debating keeping the town is because I did manage to get a lot of pictures from villagers, completely upgraded house with furniture I like for the most part, and of course the memories. I refuse to buy a second copy, so now I'm just kinda stuck. I want to experience the dialogue and villagers again but the memories will be a tad difficult to let go of but in the end it won't keep me up at night if I delete it. Thoughts?

Well, if you absolutely don't want to buy a second copy, then why not? I tend to reset my games ever few years or so and it keeps them from getting stale or wasting space.

Save your villagers' pictures and important items somehow, then you can reset ^^ that's what I'd do. I wouldn't keep any bells though, that would spoil the fun.

I say no. I don't know if you played any other game but imo you'll get really bored of it real quick as there is very little to do in Wild World, especially after the WiFi shutdown. If your town is long term and you've had a lot of good times in it you may regret it. I still have my old file from GC that's over 10 years old now and I plan on keeping it untouched. Wild World should be very cheap nowadays but hey it's your choice if you don't wanna waste money on it.

Well, if you absolutely don't want to buy a second copy, then why not? I tend to reset my games ever few years or so and it keeps them from getting stale or wasting space.

they don't make it anymore, so if only used copies are available, then someone else's town will be on it more likely than not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I say no. I don't know if you played any other game but imo you'll get really bored of it real quick as there is very little to do in Wild World, especially after the WiFi shutdown. If your town is long term and you've had a lot of good times in it you may regret it. I still have my old file from GC that's over 10 years old now and I plan on keeping it untouched. Wild World should be very cheap nowadays but hey it's your choice if you don't wanna waste money on it.

What's nice about that is that local still works, just like it does for those who haven't updated New Leaf. If you have someone who plays, you can play with them in person

I would say not to bother unless you're sure you'd be committed to playing again. I've always been regretful any time that I've decided to reset my town. I've done it for Gamecube, Wild World, and City Folk and the experience was never really the same.. I finally learned my lesson and just bought a second copy of New Leaf rather than erasing all of my progress.

I hope you have fun regardless of what you decide to do, though!

No, don't. :( The thing is that while you may find your town and characters lousy it's not like it really matters? Wild World is really something you should play for the nostalgia. I found this out because I reset mine for the same reason as you are planning to reset yours and honestly it ruined Wild World for me.

Ive been wondering this lately, too. I hardly ever play it yet i still feel too attached to reset! :(

dont kill your memories, (if you haven't already reset, that is), i think even a terribly named town and character are better than a town you may abandon very quickly.

Back