Tips for organizing my town?

Jennyrae

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So I think I have an idea about what I want to do with my town theme. I have paths picked out and ideas for a general look, but I've never done this before in any animal crossing game. Any tips for making my town? It seems like a difficult process but maybe it'll be easier than I think.

More specifically I'd like tips on pathways and patterns, like how wide they should be, how they should interact with pwps, trees, and flowers, etc. I'm going for a fairytale forest theme, so it'll be bright and I plan on doing lots of flowers and trees.

I'm also trying to think about a possible contrast between the actual grass and the pattern grass, but should I worry about that?

These aren't pressing matters but I want to plan it out - I still need to get my dream villagers and more pwps.

But thanks for any help/advice you may give! :blush:

EDIT: Any tips for pwps for a fairytale forest?

Last edited:
The best thing to do would be to start with paths. It is best to make paths 2 width, but if it doesn't look good then try a different width. Start from the train station, then make pathways to all the main buildings (re-tail, town hall, cafe, police station etc) When you've done with that you could start to place pwps (if you haven't got the ones you want yet there's always the wetsuit trick (very time-consuming, but thanks to that I got all the pwps I wanted in my first year of gameplay) (my main town is nearly 3 years old now) Then, you could start to plan where you would like villagers to move in (plot resetting will prevent your villagers moving in a bad spot) After you have some idea of where you want them to be, planting trees and bushes around your paths and pwps would make your town feel a little more developed. Finally, flowers. Decide if you want a specific type/colour of flowers. If not then try to arrange them in patterns around your town.

I hope this was helpful, if you're unsure you can always visit my da for a few ideas.

Last edited:
cherry-blossoms method seems to be the the method most commonly used, it's the easiest way to do it I think.
When I design my towns, sometimes I'll also chop down every tree and move every flower to the beach. I find it easier to imagine how I want my town to look when I have a blank slate. However, you might want to opt out of that step if you're going for an over-grown kind of look.
And if you're not against time traveling, maybe consider doing the wet suit trick for a while until you've gotten all the pwp's you want. I recently over hauled my town and did this before I laid my path down and moved in my dreamies. There's no real advantage to that other than just getting it out of the way. It makes development go by faster. I didn't TT after I finished getting my pwp suggestions. If you don't feel like getting all your suggestions done at once, you could also lay down some paths to represent where you want certain things to go.
Visiting dream towns is also a great way to get ideas, but getting feedback from visitors is even more helpful imo. Maybe ask a few of your friends what kind of visions they have for your town based on your map, it's never a bad idea to brain storm.

I dont know how to delete my commen. But i had to change jt cause i gave wrong info

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! I decided to move my dreamies into spots before starting with paths, so I'm doing some TT'ing until I finish that. I'm unsure of what to do for pwps, but I'll go look at the list of pwps and maybe decide. Any tips for pwps for a fairytale forest?

Back