• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cannot figure out the point of update client info

maplecheek

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Pink Hybrid Lily
Peach (Fruit)
Orange Candy
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
What does it meant to update client info on the phone? Does it mean it holds the house information? If so, that seems pointless because I cannot transfer their homes to ACNL anyway, and I've tried. Which is a huge bummer.

What is the point of registering amiibo cards? Does it prevent others from scanning the card?

Also, my game sometimes freezes when I try to scan amiibo cards in HHD.

Unless I'm mistaken, updating client info updates your submission to the online database. Like, if you do Fauna's house, and then upload it and then later on redo it, you can update the old entry to reflect the changes.

As for the game freezing, I've heard that it can happen when you use foreign cards, but I don't have any experience with it, myself.

Using an amiibo card/figure will let you summon that villager or NPC and design a house of them. As far as I know, this is the only way to get the NPC characters.

I've also experienced the freezing when scanning amiibo cards, but it has only happened with the Sanrio cards. I just wanted to see if they had enabled them for HHD. Guess that means that they had not!

Last edited:
Thanks, guys! This all makes sense. I probably froze my game trying to scan foreign cards.

Back