Things in the game you might not have noticed?

creamyy

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Leif
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Lobo
Pavé
Jack
Tasty Cake
I just noticed today in the game that if you have a piranha in your museum and you go and visit it in its enclosure it will bang at the glass. And if you move to the other side of the glass it will follow you and continue to bang on the glass. piranhas are scary man.

Is there anything else in the game, little things you may not have noticed?

I never noticed you can see the windows on the sides of your house from the outside until recently.

When you are having a bad luck day, when you sit down on furniture, it makes a little farting sound. Found this out and initially thought it had been the amiibo update, I thought the sound would be permanent ("why would they do thissss?!?"). The next day, however, my luck changed and the sitting sound returned to a normal soft shuffle/thump.

I finally found out if you visited the Reset Center 7 times, Mr. Resetti will give you a picture of himself and Don!
There are tons of secrets in AC:NL, it's exciting!

When you are having a bad luck day, when you sit down on furniture, it makes a little farting sound. Found this out and initially thought it had been the amiibo update, I thought the sound would be permanent ("why would they do thissss?!?"). The next day, however, my luck changed and the sitting sound returned to a normal soft shuffle/thump.

My hearing is pretty lousy so, if I don't use earbuds or lightweight 'phones, I miss a lot of sounds in NL. That may account for never having found a Mole Cricket?

My hearing is pretty lousy so, if I don't use earbuds or lightweight 'phones, I miss a lot of sounds in NL. That may account for never having found a Mole Cricket?

Headphones really change the entire experience, I never heard the gulls on the island until I had headphones on, and it helps exponentially with catching sharks too, I love the different sounds each flooring makes, it's one of my favorite things. I wish that you could customize the sound a path makes so if it's stone it would sound like stone if it's wood would sound like wood etc etc.

I love finding new neat things in the game, there's always something new to find! I really like the fact that if you trip you leave an imprint in the sand/snow and if you trip you can pop a balloon! It was tragic when this first happened because I had bought a set of balloons and destroyed my fave one!

Headphones really change the entire experience, I never heard the gulls on the island until I had headphones on, and it helps exponentially with catching sharks too, I love the different sounds each flooring makes, it's one of my favorite things. I wish that you could customize the sound a path makes so if it's stone it would sound like stone if it's wood would sound like wood etc etc.

I love finding new neat things in the game, there's always something new to find! I really like the fact that if you trip you leave an imprint in the sand/snow and if you trip you can pop a balloon! It was tragic when this first happened because I had bought a set of balloons and destroyed my fave one!

Yes! Like running with coffee.

I knew about all of these, does that make me an ACNL addict?
But in all seriousness, I didn't even know that animals could fall asleep whilst sitting down. It's so cuuuuuute.

I was plot-resetting today and my new character, before going to talk to Isabelle at the town hall, ran into Del right after he got out of a pitfall trap. I talked to him while he was doing his little air-puffing angry animation but instead of being rude, Del was just like "oh hey are you new here you should talk to Isabelle" as if nothing happened.

I suppose it makes perfect sense why nintendo did that but I still found it funny XD

i knew this for a little bit now but, if youre holding a balloon and trip you lose your balloon! it floats off! lol thats so sad.

also i actually didnt know you could get villager pics for a while...i thought they were just like unused data furniture and people hacked them in and everyone started exchanging them but apparently you have to be really good friends with that villager...makes sense why i never got one i neglet and reset my town all the time lmfao

I think with the update, when you see the panorama with the grid arrows, before the light posts would disappear like the trees if you were too close but now they stay? Unless that was always a thing and I'm just re-noticing it.

I just noticed today in the game that if you have a piranha in your museum and you go and visit it in its enclosure it will bang at the glass. And if you move to the other side of the glass it will follow you and continue to bang on the glass. piranhas are scary man.

Is there anything else in the game, little things you may not have noticed?

Never noticed this before due to that tank being crowded and walking past without stopping.The aggressive little varmint makes a very audible notification of its presence. The Spotted Garden Eels ducking out of sight was always apparent. Looking more closely reveals a number of interactions between species. One example this morning was the Crawfish harassing the Eel.

It was pretty late in the snow season when I realized that it's possible to roll a snowball using one hand (like when holding something). From then on, I started this habit of ordering a coffee before building my snow people. He just looks so cool rolling them while drinking the coffee from time to time.

I noticed that if a villager gets you to give another villager something but you leave it too late instead of saying like 'Present' or whatever is says it actually says 'What was this?' as if the player forgot after a couple days. Everyone probably knows that already but I just never noticed because I always deliver it on time

Also, if you go visit the bugs in the museum the horned Hercules and golden stag legit fight...and when I put headphones in (which I never bothered to do with my 3ds before) you actually heard comical punching sounds from those bugs, I also heard the sound of the water trickling when visiting the fish which was actually so cool I was like WOAH TECHNOLOGY

Last edited:
I always liked how if you put a cockroach in the museum and you tried stepping on it, a note would appear saying to not step on the cockroaches.

When Harvey is feeding the birds and lots of them gather, he will stop throwing beans and do a little animation. When that happens, if you run to scare away the birds he will do the shock animation and continue throwing beans. Thought that was cute.

I only found out recently that you no longer have to run to catch a Bee. You can just shake the tree while your net's out, and hit the nest with the net as soon as it falls.

Also found out that if you outrun a villager who is following you to your house, if they have to complain about not being able to keep up more than once, they'll get angry or depressed. (Sorry, Agnes!)

Back