• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have You've Ever Cried at an Anime?

mmm i've never shed a tear but i have gotten a bit teary-eyed
i think it was nana

I watched a lot of anime as a kid but I only cried at the end of Digimon Adventure (S1 for US).

Never.
Does Pokemon count? I remember crying when Brock and Misty left. XD

naruto? nah. tokyo ghoul? nah. your lie in april? nah.

clannad? tissues everywhere

There was a few times I cried at anime like with Evangellion when asuka got "devoured" by shinji, Yu-Gi-OH (if that's anime to you XP) I cried the the ending, Gurren Lagann I cried when Kaminia died annnd I cried like a little ***** at full metal alchemist.

Oh yes.

Clannad, Angel Beats, Anohana, Fairy Tail.

I cried for a solid hour when I finished Your Lie in April.

Closest I've come is when I looked up the Usagi Drop manga after finishing the anime.

no not rly. tho kyoukai no kanata made me sad hh

- - - Post Merge - - -

Closest I've come is when I looked up the Usagi Drop manga after finishing the anime.

hhh yeah i just decided to ignore the manga and pretend nothing ever happened after the anume ended lmao

Hooooo, wow, have you ever watched Grave of the Fireflies? I don't know anyone who hasn't cried at that.

I also have no idea why people think genuine crying makes them a loser. I think it's healthy to cry and people should do it more often. :\

Not counting movies because we'll be here all day if I describe how hard Grave of the Fireflies or Wolf Children made me cry.

Multiple episodes of Mushishi have made me cry. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is The Pillow Pathway. That one still effs me up just thinking about it.

I remember crying in the first season of Hibike!Euphonium, but I can't even remember why, it's been too long. Also Natsume Yujin-cho.

Shirokuma Cafe has made me happy-cry on... several occasions. I'm such a wuss for that show, I love it so much.

omg so its not anime but its a PV to a song and its just...omg i was cryin so hard.
other than that i barely watch any anime. only animes ive seen are funny and studio ghibli but studio ghibli only makes you feel good i dont think i cried at any of them except maybe the cat returns.

i have been told to watch wolf children tho

I've cried during a couple of animes. It's not always even the ending that makes me cry. Sometimes it's just specific parts. The worst was Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I balled my eyes out. :'(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol! So true!

Last edited:
I don't consider myself a fan of anime and i have.... the art and story telling factor in it is so good, its upsetting that people don't get into more or see it with a stigma

I am new to anime so I haven't seen anything sad yet. I do cry pretty much every time I watch a Disney movie though. It's normal to cry at sad movies/shows.

Shaunie Divider Final Upload .png

I'm a huge Anime fan, but I've never cried while watching one before simply because it is very very very rare that I cry. Not trying to look like some tough macho, it's just being what you'd call a "cry baby" was just never one of the 'tags' that would be used to describe me.

Shy and Embarrassed Boo.png

Back