• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers who react to clothes?

Buster Bunny

Bells
So far I noticed that normal villagers react to the Hero's Clothes and snooty villagers react to school uniforms.

Anything else?

Snooty villager did react to the Cap. A cap was the lucky item of the day.
Yuka didn't like it. She also mentioned items like the ribbons in the mayor hair and the same clothing that was worn more than 3 days. She mentions wearing it too long and time for a change.

Since the update she hasn't mentioned the clothing.

All the villager did comment on the King's Beard when I wore it because I was tripping. Ornate accessory was the lucky item of the day and the beard is the only option. Stopped wearing it and put the celebration hat once I got it.

Not a shirt, but Smugs react to Thick Glasses. Always puts a smile on my face when I hear Eugene mention this.

EbbqLj0 - Imgur.jpg

fmxtGVd.jpg
I get most comments about my mayor's clothes from smugs and snooties but I've had the other personalities say stuff about clothing.The mayor of my frog town used to wear the frog costume and he got a lot of comments mostly from Gigi(snooty) and Diva(uchi).

I had some villagers (I don't remember their personalities) that said something about my mayor having an injury. At first I thought it was because of a bee sting but he didn't actually have any so I was a bit confused. It turned out to be because my mayor was wearing the bandage accessory, which I thought was pretty neat! :p

Last edited:
Yeah, some animals react to whole outfits. Merengue comments on my Hero's outfit a lot, and my friend's mayor has the bandages, so people are always talking about how he got hurt somehow. They'll react to whole outfits, certain accessories, and some hats. Mainly fake animal hoods and sometimes crowns.

I'm that bandage friend! Cranky, snooty, jock, and lazy always comment on my bandage accessories. Bruce mentions that I'm always hurt and I'm just trying to get him to worry about me. Jay says I should take it easy at ENTER SPORT HERE practice. (Sometimes it's a really weird sport, like pool or hockey.) My lazies say something like, "Oh, you say its for fashion? I don't believe you!" They then begin crying, saying they're worried about me. It's honestly really heartbreaking...

Also Bruce, a cranky, once commented on my sporty outfit. That was the only comment I got that wasn't about bandages...

I recall that Ankha and Francine made comments about the bun wig.
They said my player would be called the "Bun Wig Girl".

Tom often talked that a parent of him liked the bun wig and the hot springs tee as well.

I thought that jock villagers reacted to the Majora's Mask when they shouted "Tomorrow will be a new day."

However, it's a random comment.

only ankha and my lazy villagers comment on clothes

ankha and the lazies comment on my face bandage while ankha is the only one who comments about themed outfits such as the nurse outfit, spa outfit, and maid outfit (?) and if you're wearing a really weird one she'll say something like "did you get mixed up in the costume shop?" and go on to compliment you

Last edited:
I got roasted by Ankha once when I had apparently been wearing my braided wig for too long. She said "you're wearing that braided wig again?! Isn't a bit tacky?". Ouch, sorry to offend you Ankha :(

I don't notice what villager types but quite a few of my villagers comment on my doctor's mask saying are you that sick?

I remember when I wore glasses for a long time, I think it was the heart glasses someone asked if I was trying to hide my face or something? I don't remember who as it was in an old town.

I remember when I used to wear the Hero outfit, Mitzi would always ask if I was trying to save the world or something like that. lol

Back