• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinions on Snow?

Opinions on the Snow

• Like/love it!

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Not really bothered.

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Dislike/hate it.

Votes: 35 36.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a huge fan myself, I mean it'd be nice if it were for a much shorter while, or at least that it would melt and come back every other week or something during winter? I'd really like to see how my house looks with it's roof but with the snow it's really hard to tell, and against the white my pastel paths look more neon... =[ Just looking forward to having GRASS.

I don't really like winter in Animal Crossing because It has no color... :<

I'm starting to get sick of it. I just can't wait for it to melt later this month because I REALLY want grass back. Paths don't even look that good on it. Anyways, I think that snow didn't look so bad in the older games but in New Leaf the snow looks so dull.

It would be cool if they made every season interactive somehow. Maybe like piles of leaves in Autumn but then I wouldn't know what they could do for spring/summer

Snow is great and all at first; really gets you into the Christmas spirit.
Then come January and February.

There's snow here for like three months but I live in Florida, i've never even seen snow! I get all this green outside but the one place I don't want any snow is in my town!

Love it! I wish it lasted longer though, because it's weird when the snow is gone in AC but still around for another month or two in real life.

Starting out in the snow makes me want to do an ice themed town. But, the ice only lasts so long and I'd want to redo everything so it wouldn't look out of place the rest of the year ;-;

But the snowmen are fun :)

Last edited:
Actually for a slightly different reason other than the snow itself, I just kinda dislike winter in the game in general due to the lowered amounts of bugs you can catch.

And i also agree, the grass and green trees are quite visually pleasing as well :)

I actually prefer the later stage of winter than the early december stage, since in december the trees are that orange color, which i find to be a bad clash with the white snow. When the trees turn green it looks nicer :)

Last edited:
I don't know how to vote on the poll xD I like snow, just like you and others said, for the first month ...maybe 2. Then, at the beginning of feb, I can't stand it anymore! I would love it if my town looked good with it. But my town is definitely a springtime/summer town. So no. After a while I just can't stand it anymore! So past days I TT to April! Atleast for a few days I wanna "live" my town under the warm sun, sapphire blue sky and bright green grass! Sooo nice. I'll go back to February for Valentine's Day and await for the end of it. Because in the end, I tt no problem but I really prefer to play in real time.

if my town were a wintertime town then great. it looks cool and it would be really neat to set up a dream address of a snowman town
but since its not i dont like it. plus the things to do in winter are kinda lacking.

Actually for a slightly different reason other than the snow itself, I just kinda dislike winter in the game in general due to the lowered amounts of bugs you can catch.

And i also agree, the grass and green trees are quite visually pleasing as well :)

I actually prefer the later stage of winter than the early december stage, since in december the trees are that orange color, which i find to be a bad clash with the white snow. When the trees turn green it looks nicer :)

Yeah i totally agree! Not a whole lot to do around town in winter. I feel you have to travel to the island for bugs D:

I usually play New Leaf from November to March, so all I ever see is snow. Eternal snow. Forever snow.

Endless.

Boring.

:(

if nintendo keeps getting more and more realistic wait until we get slushy gross wet snow. will you like it then??

It's all right for me. I do like the sound it makes when I walk on snow tho or when it's snowing. Other than that, eh s'okay

if nintendo keeps getting more and more realistic wait until we get slushy gross wet snow. will you like it then??

Totally! I think the snow should melt if it doesn't snow for like a few days. Then settle again when there's another snow storm. Make it intermittent or something!

Less than a week to go before the snow melts! I could finally go back to real-time lol

Back