• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Revisit to Streetpass homes?

Bilaz

Local Eurovision Fan DA-3870-3754-4899
Bells
Matryoshka Doll
When the game first came out there was a lot of discussion on the homes of people you pick up on Streetpass. A lot of people complained that the homes mainly contained Nintendo/Balloon furniture or random junk and others didn't like that some people were just setting up full series. In response to this a lot of people said that it's unfair to judge homes after the game had just been released. It takes a lot of time to gather nice furniture. Many others also stated that you shouldn't judge Streetpass homes period because everyone can play the game the way they want to: there is no need to judge Animal Crossing homes.

While I agree to this second statement I thought it might be fun to have a little objective discussion on the homes we have Streetpassed. The game has been out for a long time now so, have things changed? Are there a lot of nice creative Streetpass homes out there? Are people still setting up full series for HHA points perhaps? Are Nintendo items still popular? Have you noticed any other trends? Do you like what you see? How does your house compare?

I think this would be a fun discussion topic but remember to keep it nice. :) While you may not like someone's decor they have every right to do whatever they want with it just as much as you do. That's the beauty of the game. ˆˆ

Last edited:
I agree that the Welcome Amiibo update will probably massively improve the qualities of houses. Firstly because of the new items, and secondly because you can only Streetpass those who got the update which means only active players and not those who abandoned the game. However I have actually never noticed many series rooms or balloon rooms. Most houses I've streetpassed fall within these three catagories:

- Random stuff
Either because they are new to the game/have abandoned it or because it's a hoarder house, usually the houses that contain that one item I've been searching for!
- W.I.P.
It's getting there, you can see nice creative combo's arising but the rooms haven't been expanded enough yet or they haven't got all the items they need. These are the ones I would really like to streetpass again to see their progress. In between when it comes to orderability.
- Awesome
Just awesome in every way, nicely customized, lot's of neat stuff, instant favourite. Not very good for ordering things though.

I don't really know if how I streetpass makes a difference though. I live in a small European town so I never streetpass anyone except once a year at an anime convention and then I get so many I have to constantly walk inside the new ones to not hit the limit haha.

Last edited:
The homes I've Street passed so far have all been well put together for the most part. I have no complaints they have helped me get a lot of furniture I have needed as well and given me inspo c:

There was one house I Streetpass before the update, it was completely empty!
Huge house, all 5 rooms empty!

I barely get Streetpass were I live though.

Last edited:
I haven't had streetpasses for acnl in well over a year. The update seemingly has not made any difference, well not for me locally, nor in my local busy town.
Right at the beginning/first year of play, I got some very useful items form players that had got a lot further than me in the game.
Then I started to get houses with a lot of un-orderables - could see but couldn't have. And many houses with few rooms and few items. And then .... nothing.

I would hope for better if I could get to a gaming convention, but seems a lot of effort/expense as that is all I would be going for.
Maybe the comic con in central London (UK) will tempt me this spring - I love the art work and the cos play!

Last edited:
Back