• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager Discussion: Pekoe

Buster Bunny

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I took interest in Pekoe ever since I saw her in Mensana.
I found her rather iconic and at the time I thought she was a hamster, however I realized later that she was too big to be a hamster and was actually a cub.

I personally like her chinese styled looks and decoration.
She moved to NewLeaf town after Paula the uchi bear left without telling me anything.

I even created a player named Pekoe for fun and she lives next to the real one.
So, it's easy to keep track if Pekoe (cub) is thinking about moving out.

Not too fond of her, I have to say. I had her a couple times in the past as one of the starting villagers I wanted to move out as fast as possible from a newly resetted town, but mostly because I've never been particularly fond of oriental-themed characters OR bears/bear cubs (Vladimir being the only big exception).

Her ears being shaped as those chinese double-chignon hairbuns is kinda clever in terms of design, but other than that I'm completely indifferent to her.

Pekoe actually inspired me to theme an entire town with Chinese villagers. I had all the pandas move in, plus a tiger jock.

I wasn't that interested in Pekoe at first, but it was my partner's town and he really liked her. Then he stopped playing acnl and the town was handed to me. I couldn't let her go because she was such good friends with the mayor. I wanted to make a woodsy town but Pekoe doesn't fit in with pine trees.

But she looks super cute. I love her ears. All the cubs are cute and I wish the game included baby versions of all the animals. Especially kitten and even deer.

It's cute when she and other normal villagers react to the Hero Clothes:
1tFOIUE.png

I believe that we need all pieces of the costume to make it works.
I'm working to have her photo, she already made me a surprise outfit.

I think she's super cute. But she's not one of the ones I keep in my town. There are so many villagers I'd like to have, but have to cut them due to the 10 villager limit :(

I love Pekoe, she's absolutely adorable! Her exotic theme is what caught my eye. She's easily one of my favorite villagers! ♥

I love her! She's been in my sister's town for YEARS and I don't think she'll ever be able to move. I think she's the sweetest bear cub, she's so nice and her design is great!

I tend to dislike villagers that have more human characteristics, so I'm not a big fan of Pekoe, though her design concept is clever.

All characters of Animal Crossing are funny versions of existing animals, so it's natural that they have some human like features.

Can't tell if Pekoe's hair is just a wig, but it don't make much difference.
Too bad that she only started in City Folk and not Wild World, but it happens.

Funny is the fact that Ganon seems to take a liking on her, heh, heh!

When I first saw her in HHD it never clicked that she's meant to be Asian inspired. I simply liked her for her gorgeous eyes.

I think she's adorable, but because she's so heavily themed, I can't really see her in any of my towns. She clashes with most except really specific themed towns. I do love her design, though, and I think she'd be well suited along with Drago in an Eastern-style town.

Her eyes looks like they're going to hypnotize you and she did. Probably the best cub for me or at least, second to June :)

I particularly don't exclude villagers just because of a theme.
After all, there are people with a more exotic and oriental style living between us.

I even got Pekoe and Ankha living in the same town.

Back