• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Am I the only one who got rid of bamboo?

Buster Bunny

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
The bamboo were being a plague in Acme town that they were even growing next to trees and near villagers houses that I had to cut them down and get rid of bamboo which haven't growth yet.

Besides they made much harder to search for fossils around the town.

Last edited:
I actually surround all my bamboo with either flowers, patterns or bushes. There are only 2 spots where bamboo grows and it isn't even everyday :)

I only plant them where I think they'd look nice and appropriate, then surround them with paths and flowers to prevent them from spreading.

Last edited:
I got rid of the bamboo too. But then I changed my mind and want them back so I planted them in a small space at the top left corner of my town where they can't spread.

They are certainly high maintenance and will spread quickly. Tenacious and tough, I have broken axes on them more than once. On the up side, I consider them attractive and the shoots re-tail for 750 bells. Like bjp4 says, isolation makes them easier to manage.

I stopped using bamboo for a long time but now that I know how to manage it I do Iike to have some. I like how bamboo looks a lot more than trees in this game so I'm happy to know that it can be managed and won't overrun my town.

Last edited:
I keep them isolated to a small place by Epona's house in Wishfall, and hugging the cliff by the south side of town in Paragon. It can be a serious nuisance to let them grow anywhere else.

I have like three bamboo planted in one area and they don't spawn anymore because I have surrounded them with flowers.

I've grown and cut all bamboo down like twice now just because it annoys me how they spread. I have some bamboo right now for one zen-ish area in my town and I was planning on putting flowers to stop it from spreading, but I quit the beautiful town ordinance to let weeds grow for Weeding Day. So I can't have flowers right now and I don't want to put patterns down instead, so I'm probably just going to cut it down yet again. It will be back though after I get all the Weeding Day items.

I used to have bamboo growing like crazy, I didn't know they spread so much. I just ended up chopping them since I didn't really have any need for them aesthetically.

Got rid of the bamboo in 3 of my towns but kept it in one. With pathways, flowers, shrubs and PWP around it I was able to control it.
It's a small zen area and it looks very relaxing so the bamboo stayed.

Never kept one town long enough to see bamboo grow, but seeing it in others towns I actually assumed they were a public project! Good to know it grows.

I actually have seen someone who had to reset their town because the bamboo took over after they tt'd they couldn't get out of their house and didn't have an ax at their house... XD I like bamboo but I just use cut bamboo and flowers to block it from continuing to grow like crazy. It can be hard to control at first but I think it's really pretty to include in the landscaping.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Never kept one town long enough to see bamboo grow, but seeing it in others towns I actually assumed they were a public project! Good to know it grows.

You have to buy shoots and plant them like you do with trees

I placed paths around them as far as they could spread, they grow like weeds x.x I got rid of them at one stage, cause it was too much to bear. But I'm redoing my town at the moment and decided it would look nice, it just takes a bit of patience!

Last edited:
I have bamboo in both my RL garden and ACNL garden, I love it. <3
The thing is that in real life there are invasive and non-invasive varieties of bamboo.
So this conversation reminds me of something I overheard once:

'My non-invasive bamboo spread all over my yard, what is this?!'
'That's what happens when you go to a random garden shop and buy bamboo without coming to me first, that non invasive bamboo you bought is in fact invasive...'

So there you have it, buy your bamboo from an expert, not a random garden shop like Leif's, tsk. ;)
In all seriousness I keep my acnl bamboo under control with flowers.

Last edited:
Back