Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
This question will mostly apply to those who played the older games of animal crossing but it still can apply to New Leaf as well! I started animal crossing as a kid and had no experience with trading anything let alone villagers. I had no idea some villagers were more popular than others until I joined this site. Looking back I had quite a few popular villagers.

My question to you is, who were some villagers you started with or had as a kid that turned out to be really popluar?
I had Genji, Lucky, Stitches!

Well, I only started new leaf about a year (and a few months ago), and I had static as a starter. He always sends me letters and constantly visits. That's why he'll never leave!

Like in earlier games? I can't remember much from that long ago, but I do remember I had Cookie in my GameCube. I'm thinking so hard rn, but I don't think I've had any really popular villagers in the past. I'm sure I've had (since I've owned all the games made), I just can't remember to save my life.

I had stitches as a starter in cf. At first he creeped me out, but then he quickly became one of my favorites. I also had freya and Wolfgang later on and loved them too. However, most of my villagers in the early days were unpopular and I loved them to bits.

Well as a kid, I used to go on the internet and watch a lot of animal crossing related things. (I WAS obsessed, still kinda am ngl) Even though I had no idea what tiers were I did have an idea of which villagers were somewhat popular and not because i'd watch youtube videos about animal crossing, see a lot of fanart for villagers like Stitches etc. So I did have an idea. I used to play my sisters' game and I remember having Whitney as a starter. I don't think she was as popular as she is now back then, or maybe i'm wrong but she's definitely popular now. I also remember having Lucky as a starter and having no idea how popular he was either. I just thought he was really cool looking and I thought he must be underrated for whatever reason haha.

My first AC game was New Leaf, but I started with Fang without knowing of his popularity!

I started with Lucky in my CF town, I had Stitches in my Wild World town I think?

Molly and Rosie were surprisingly popular when I had made my very first town... :eek:

New Leaf was my first game, but I started my town with Whitney in it. And Apollo moved in on his own, with Merengue and Fauna later coming in from the campsite. This was before I actually knew about villager popularity.

Paragon was a little lucky in that the Smug villager that moved in happened to be Marshal, too. So that was nice.

My first game was New Leaf. I started with Beau and Julian not knowing they're extremely popular.

Last edited:
i had scoot in CF, not so sure if he's as popular as i thought he was tho, also i started with static in my original new leaf town, back when the game just came out

Last edited:
i just pulled out Wild World for the first time in like 10 years XD most popular villagers i have are Rolf and Melba. also have Pecan who actually just moved into my New Leaf town. guess she likes me :blush:

Oh boy. I think in my Gamecube version of the game, I had Chevre as a starter. In my ACNL town I started with Rosie, I wanted to switch her out for another villager but my friends persisted that I keep her, lol.

My absolute fave villagers in wild world were Stitches & Rosie. Like whenever they said they were moving I was like UMM NO. not allowed. On the contrary, I loved loved loved Alfonso he moved into my town after connecting with a friend and I was surprised to see that he was a T5. I know most villagers are popular because of their design but I love Alfonso's design. He looks like a huge loveable dork.

I guess I got pretty lucky when I was younger playing city folk..before I knew about the animal crossing community on the internet or about the popularity levels of animals I had certain animals that really stuck out to me so in my head I knew they were special but I thought that was only to me. I had Marina, Stitches, Margie, Lucky, & Tangy and I loved them all

Diana was a random move in! I didn't like her because she was too pale but she grew on me hard. Now she is my favorite snooty.

Poppy was also a starter.

Julian was a random move in twice and by then I knew he was one of the most wanted, but I don't like horse designs so I didn't keep him.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, I had stitches too! I also thought he was creepy. But now I love him.

New Leaf is my first game. I had no concept of villager popularity, lol I literally knew NOTHING. Stitches was the first villager to move into my first town. He's my favorite but he's $$$ and I have low in game bells, so I'll probably never get to have him again.

I've also had Merengue, Beau, Fang, Wolfgang, and Marina. Probably a couple others I can't remember too.

New Leaf is my first game. I had no concept of villager popularity, lol I literally knew NOTHING. Stitches was the first villager to move into my first town. He's my favorite but he's $$$ and I have low in game bells, so I'll probably never get to have him again.

I've also had Merengue, Beau, Fang, Wolfgang, and Marina. Probably a couple others I can't remember too.

You don't need lots of in game bells to get Stitches. If you have TBT, which you do, you can adopt him from the villager trading plaza here. :)

You don't need lots of in game bells to get Stitches. If you have TBT, which you do, you can adopt him from the villager trading plaza here. :)

Oh wow, I wasn't on this website for like two years so that's definitely different... I'm still remembering people shelling out 50 million for some villagers. Guess I'll need to get back into things! Thanks!

Back