✿☾ Reviewing Dream Towns ☾✿

Chicha

She’s like warm days, sunshine, honey & love.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1640-7966-6110
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Yellow Pansy
Star Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
I'm trying to get my badge for visiting dream towns so please post if you'd like me to review your town. I highly prefer to visit towns that are almost finished or have lots of progress rather than towns that just started or don't have any development. Don't let that stop you from posting, I'm just giving fair warning.

I will be rating towns like this to give everyone an idea.

✿ Paths/QR Codes/Town Flag ✿
✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿
✿ Houses (Exteriors, Interiors) ✿
✿ Total Score ✿ Out of 15 (Highest) | 3 (Lowest)

Rating System Per Category
★★★★★ = Amazing and totally unique!
★★★★ = Very pleasing to the eye.
★★★ = Average, looks alright.
★★ = Decent start, needs work.
★ = Needs major improvement.

✿ Please use this form ✿
Town + Mayor + Dream Address:
Theme + 1 sentence summary:
Anything I should know?​

Town - Sunshine
Mayor - Emily
DA - 6B00-002F-42A8
Theme - Spring
Additional info: Not all the rooms are fully completed, could be filled up more.

Town: Feldspar
Mayor: November
DA: in my signature!
Theme: Feldspar is a colorful, modern town full of sculptures and tidy landscaping.
Additional information: There are outfits by the town tree!

Town: Dog Park
Mayor: Biijoux
DA: 4E00-003E-5C7C
The mayor's house isn't really developed, I'm not sure what to do with it yet.
Thank you for your time!

Town: Ophylix
Mayor: Phoebe
DA: 4F00-002E-576B
Theme: Fairytale/royal garden
I'm currently changing a few things around, but the landscaping hasn't changed too much mostly I've just been working on houses cause I had just created Emily when I updated this one. I'm changing Phoebe's main room, and some other things in Ruby's house too. I've also swapped Caroline and Beardo for Chelsea and Etoile and will be swapping Lionel for someone else (probably Merengue) soon too. But let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Town - Sunshine
Mayor - Emily
DA - 6B00-002F-42A8
Theme - Spring
Additional info: Not all the rooms are fully completed, could be filled up more.

✿ Paths/QR Codes/Town Flag ✿ ★★★★
Paths: Really like how your pink paths match the spring atmosphere. I personally think your zen paths should be swapped (circle zen should be at the southwest corner with the windmill & hammock) with the regular zen path (that's currently at the windmill & hammock) but that's just me.
QR Codes: I think they all look cute. Don't be afraid to use some inside. They could help make rooms really stand out.
Town Flag: It's cute! The only improvement I could see on it is to use a few more blue colors to give it a soft gradient.

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★★★
Use of PWPs: Wow, I absolutely adore how organized your town is! I especially like the area with the 2 illuminated hearts, very nice! The area with the 4 illuminated trees creates a beautiful atmosphere, especially with all the flowers and trees around. Stunning! The park is so inviting and lovely. I think the Cafe area could use a couple of trees or a stump within the yellow/orange/red flowers so it feels a little fuller. I also think the beach could use some cleaning up. Lastly, your town hall is lovely but feels like it could use some stumps where the pink flowers are to feel more complete.
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: Lovely work! They all feel very coordinated together. I do feel like the Zen bell and Zen garden would pop more with different types of white flowers rather than just roses. The bamboo in front of the zen garden looks a little awkward. Maybe having it where the black flowers are could make a difference? There's also a small area at the northwestern corner that's lacking flowers which I'd recommend to fill up. I really like how you made a mushroom farm, very cute!
Navigation: Town is easy to follow along. Excellent.

✿ Houses (Exteriors, Interiors) ✿ ★★★
Emi: Exterior looks cute, definitely got the cafe vibe from outside. Interior center room looks great, but could maybe use a muted wallpaper. It looks a little too busy. ^^; Left room is adorable but looks very empty and could use more to it. I think the right room has wonderful potential, would like to see how it looks when finished. The zen room upstairs is my favorite.
Kitty: All rooms aren't complete yet but just wanted to note they have a good start. Exterior looks very cute so far.
Emily: I love the paths and illuminated arch leading to her house, very nice! Exterior looks very fitting. Center room feels so bubblegum-like! Very charming. Beach looks cute but a little ordinary. Island room is very charming! I think the underwater right room could use a little improvement , it feels like things are missing. Basement spa room is cute! I only think the floor should be changed to something more suitable.
I look forward to see how your interiors would look when it's done. I see a lot of potential so far.

✿ Total Score ✿ 11/15
Overall, very nice! I would definitely like to revisit again when the town is fully finished.

Last edited:
Town: Darkbay
Mayor: Raptor
Dream Address: 4A00-0010-9CCA
Theme: I'm still thinking of one...any suggestions?

Last edited:
Town: Pallet
Mayor: Kiefer
Dream Address: 4B00-0033-32C5
Theme: Colorful, I guess. Idk. I'm not even sure if you've seen it yet already or not.

Town: Feldspar
Mayor: November
DA: in my signature!
Theme: Feldspar is a colorful, modern town full of sculptures and tidy landscaping.
Additional information: There are outfits by the town tree!

✿ Paths/QR Codes/Town Flag ✿ ★★★
Paths: Love the paths!! I instantly recognized them since I visited your town a few months ago! I think it's very unique how you have them change according to color. It's really pretty and stands out so much from other towns. They are the main attraction of your town.
QR Codes: I think your town could benefit from more QR codes in your mayor's house or even custom signs outside.
Town Flag: I'm not sure what the flag is supposed to be. I assume it's a house? ^^; It's different. I think it could use the town name or more colors.

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★
Use of PWPs: I think they're all in very good locations but could use more flowers and trees to pretty it up. I think your town would look best at sunset or the evening. You have a lot of illuminated PWPs so take advantage of that. I think your town hall could use reorganization, it feels a little empty with the lack of flowers despite there being lots of trees.
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: I love how the flowers look lining up with the path. There's a lot empty patches. I think if you put more flowers matching the paths in those empty areas, it'll really look complete. Adding more trees would be beneficial and feel like the town's bigger. The northwestern area with all the fruit trees looks so beautiful. I think more of that would be wonderful.
Navigation: Wonderful. Town is very easy to navigate. I like how you have paths leading to all of your villager's homes. I think your beach could be decorated with the paths and create a rainbow. It's just an idea but I think you can absolutely pull it off.

✿ Houses (Exteriors, Interiors) ✿ ★★★★
I really like how you made the path leading to your mayor's house. It's very beautiful! Exterior looks good. The rooms are cute, a bit on the simple side but I think that's where the charm is. I feel like the main room should have the polka dot furniture be red/pink to go with the orange theme you've got going on. Left room is cute but needs music to finish it up imo. For the back room, I like how you've incorporated clothes. The instruments give it a nice atmosphere. I think the right kitchen's wallpaper could be swapped for a custom green wallpaper to make the room feel more coordinated. The tech room in the basement is my favorite; it ties in very nicely. As for the upstairs room, it's charming; I think the only improvement is to put a pattern on the cushion. I feel like your house could use some custom touches to make it 5 stars honestly. Maybe bring in the welcome amiibo items?

✿ Total Score ✿ 9/15
Overall, you have all the basics and projects out, I really think adding more flowers and trees to fill up the town could make such a big difference. Because you have a modern town, I think bringing in the modern PWPs will complete the look. :)

Last edited:
Town: Dog Park
Mayor: Biijoux
DA: 4E00-003E-5C7C
The mayor's house isn't really developed, I'm not sure what to do with it yet.
Thank you for your time!

Your DA isn't working for me, sorry. ^^;

town: serenity
mayor: breezy
d a: 5A00-003C-641C
theme: none. i'm just trying to make it pretty.

✿ Paths/QR Codes/Town Flag ✿ ★★★
Paths: They're cute but a little too simple imo. Maybe combine it without another single QR code to make them pop?
QR Codes: I think your town would definitely benefit from adding custom qr signs outside or inside.
Town Flag: Very nice! You did a very good job on the flag.

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★
Use of PWPs: I think they're cute so far. I noticed there's a lot of streetlights so don't be afraid to add in different types of PWPs so the town can stand out more. Because of your town name, I think zen PWPs would go perfectly with it and really bring out your path.
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: So far, pretty decent! There's obviously still more to do so definitely focus on placing more flowers, trees, and stumps around. I really love what you've done with your beach! It's simple but looks so nice by having all those flowers! My only recommendation is to make the colors flow like an actual rainbow.
Navigation: I think your pathway is a little awkward. There's areas like the close to Punchy and Antonio's houses that would look much better if your path was in between/in front of both houses rather than having the path go horizontally and all the way to right the corner. Then you wouldn't need to have the path from the right bridge going diagonally when it could be straight. I hope that makes sense. XD

✿ Houses (Exteriors, Interiors) ✿ ★★
Exterior: Looks pretty good! I really feel a calm vibe from it.
Interior: The center room feels so cozy! I like how you included your town flag in there. It helps complete the look! The left room could still use work. Your back kitchen is pretty nice! I'd recommend switching the flooring to something else, it doesn't match the wallpaper. ^^; I really like how you placed in welcome amiibo items! The right room has a good start. Upstairs looks decent so far but could use some more furniture. I wouldn't mind revisiting when your house is finished.

✿ Total Score ✿ 7/15
Overall, your town has a good start but needs more PWPs and the flowers organized. I would make those your main priority. I'd love to revisit when your town had more progress. :)

I have my town, but I haven't updated it. I'll update it so you can see it.

Town: Leafton
Mayor: Anthony
DA: 5B00-002B-FE56
Theme: It's just a regular pathed town, much like my other towns I have
Please Note: Don't talk about Hailey's house, its 97% empty and i'm working on it to be a fancy restaurant. For Marcus' house, only look in the left room, its complete and its supposed to be a greenhouse. And for my Mayor's house, don't look in the back room or basement, as they are not complete yet.

Please enjoy!

Last edited:
That's weird, I'll have to check it out..
If you type "Dog Park" into the town search it will pop up.
Edit:
Here is the DA: 4E00-003E-973A
Idk where I got the other number combination lol

Last edited:
Town: Ophylix
Mayor: Phoebe
DA: 4F00-002E-576B
Theme: Fairytale/royal garden
I'm currently changing a few things around, but the landscaping hasn't changed too much mostly I've just been working on houses cause I had just created Emily when I updated this one. I'm changing Phoebe's main room, and some other things in Ruby's house too. I've also swapped Caroline and Beardo for Chelsea and Etoile and will be swapping Lionel for someone else (probably Merengue) soon too. But let me know what you think!

Paths: The paths are very commonly used but there's a reason for its popularity, it's lovely!
QR Codes: I love your custom sign in front of the train station, it's very cute. The grass and water QR codes add so much to the town, especially at the western area near town hall; incorporating the water qrs into the pond is so clever! I think adding some inside your houses could help bring more uniqueness in.
Town Flag: Really like your town flag, it's very pretty! I do think the colors of the tree and grass could be a little lighter so they blend in with the sky more but that's just me. XD

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★★★
Use of PWPs: You did a very beautiful job coordinating them. I really like the area with the flower arch, windmill, log benches with the perfect cherry trees and pink flowers. It creates a very nice atmosphere, well done! I adore the pathway leading to the cafe, it's so cute!
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: Wow! Upon entering your town, I instantly noticed how nice your landscaping is. You have a really nice balance of flowers, bushes and trees. It's not to the point where it's overwhelming so the vibe is just right. I love how your flowers match with the PWPs, beautiful touch!
Navigation: Very easy to navigate! There's very few areas that look a little tight (Beardo, Caroline's houses, right of police station) but you made such good use out of them that it doesn't feel like a con. Super nice! I think your beach could use improvement. I see a picnic blanket on the southern beach and I feel that you have a lot of potential to make it look nice with flowers. I think the right beach could use more trees since it looks too empty. I really like how you wrapped up goodies throughout the town. It feels very welcoming.

Ruby: The exterior looks so sweet. I'm willing to bet it has a cafe or sweets vibe. The flowers suit it nicely outside as well. Upon entering her house, I was right! Sweets center theme going on; the balloons are a nice touch. I think it could use some music. Left room looks cute but again, lack of music. Basement library has potential. The ice room is my favorite. Overall, her rooms have potential but the lack of music is needed to create the mood.
Phoebe: I love her outfit, omg! The area surrounding her house is so peaceful and beautiful. Love how you incorporated the wisteria trellis. Her house exterior is simple but cute. I think you're right about the main room, it's cute but feels lacking. The left room is very cute, really like how you customized the furniture. It feels so cozy. the kitchen is nice but I feel like the floor doesn't match with the princess wall. Maybe bring in a custom flooring? The right room feels so fancy! It gives me a french vibe, very charming! The basement is cute but looks unfinished. The upstairs room is stunning, I love the royal vibe! Beautiful use of furniture.
Emily: Her outfit is adorable! Her house exterior and interior look like they need a lot of work but I get that you said you've recently started on her at the time.

✿ Total Score ✿ 11/15
Beautiful town, your use of coordinating projects while not feeling overwhelming is very skillful! I think the houses were your only weak point. I'd love to revisit when your houses and beaches are finished.

Hi there :) I'm more after some ideas that a review, but I wouldn't mind hearing anything about my town so far. It's very unfinished, I've only just started landscaping pretty much and trying to make things pretty.

Town + Mayor + Dream Address: Magix, Nessa, DA in my signature c:
Theme + 1 sentence summary: Mostly modern themed; pretty basic at the moment
Anything I should know? I have a thread made asking for specific comments on things if you want to check it out. You don't have to but any ideas would be much appreciated <3

That's weird, I'll have to check it out..
If you type "Dog Park" into the town search it will pop up.
Edit:
Here is the DA: 4E00-003E-973A
Idk where I got the other number combination lol

Paths: Wow, love the zen path! It flows extremely well. I also like how you added lucky clovers as smaller paths, very nice!
QR Codes: I was a little disappointed at the lack of custom QR codes aside from the path. I noticed the path probably took most of your custom space so I won't discount too much. Maybe consider making an additional character to give your town the final customization? I think outside or inside could benefit giving it an additional personal touch.
Town Flag: The bone is very cute and shows exactly what your town is all about. I think the improvement I'd suggest is to have a gradient of brown colors or the town name included.

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★★★★
Use of PWPs: I love how you have the campsite, police, and town hall perfectly in line, wow! It even matches in line with your RV area, holy crap. Bravo! The metal bench with the streetlights is so simple but very beautiful; the use of carnations, lucky clovers and bushes really make it stand out. I also really adore the park; it's a really nice touch you added Bunny Day eggs! So clever! I love how there's a fire hydrant near all your dog villagers, how appropriate! XD I do think your town would benefit from a custom sign/face standee. Overall, stunning, stunning work!!
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: Wow! You have a beautiful balance of flowers, bushes, and trees spread out so nicely. The red/white carnations perfectly match the red hibiscuses. It's all so beautiful. ;_;
Navigation: Very easy to navigate! You've made excellent use of almost every possible area in your town. The beach leading to the docks was nicely decorated. It's all so pretty. I love the location of all your dog villagers leading to the mayor's house. It feels so community-like!

Your mayor's dog outfit is so adorable and perfectly matches the theme! The exterior surrounding your house is stunning. Again, love how all your villager's homes leads to the mayor's. I have to admit I was let down by the interior. The room looks a little too simple for my taste and lacks music to create an atmosphere. The common wall doesn't make the room stand out. Perhaps the cabin wall or a custom wall would help?

✿ Total Score ✿ 12/15
Gorgeous, gorgeous town. I think the house interior was your main weak point. Everything else looks so beautiful, though. The town was so unique but lacked a bit more of extra flair outside. Don't be afraid to personalize your town more. This is just me, though. ;v;

Carmelo + SEM + 4D00-0010-9D7B:
Modern/Rustic + A modern town with tons of greenery with a nautical touch.

Town: Aiur
Mayor: Matthew
Dream Address: 5A00-000F-E2F9
Theme: Modern

Town's takin' shape, but there's a lot of work left to be done. Make sure ya send some (optional screens) postcards on my dream while yar at it. ;P
My home is the most develop'd part of the town if yar lookin' for a spot to start with my town.

Thank you so much for you review! I agree with all of your points, again, thank you for taking the time to do this.
I love the idea of a face cutout standee, it didn't occur to me, I will try and find a way to put one in.
I really do struggle with fully personalizing a town, I hear it al the time with my main town too, I need to take the time to find a way around this.
Thank you! <3

Town: Mineola
Mayor: Hannah
DA: 4A00-0012-3448

None of my houses are finished yet, and I am still trying to work something out with the top of my town

Back