✿☾ Reviewing Dream Towns ☾✿

Town: Darkbay
Mayor: Raptor
Dream Address: 4A00-0010-9CCA
Theme: I'm still thinking of one...any suggestions?

Rating System Per Category
★★★★★ = Amazing and totally unique!
★★★★ = Very pleasing to the eye.
★★★ = Average, looks alright.
★★ = Decent start, needs work.
★ = Needs major improvement.

✿ Paths/QR Codes/Town Flag ✿ ★★★★
Paths: The paths are beautiful. The zen paths blend very well with your main brown path. A lot of people have trouble coordinating different paths together but I think you did very well choosing here.
QR Codes: I really like how you decorated the town tree with water QRs, it looks very pretty! Don't be afraid to use more QR codes like signs or face standees.
Town Flag: It looks very unique but I don't get the reference. The colors are a little tough to make out. ^^;;

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★★
Use of PWPs: I really like the area in front of your town hall. The fountain is a nice touch, it feels very plaza-like. The reset center next to it is incorporated nicely. The flowers look great there. I do think you could use more PWPs. I think either zen or modern would suit your town, maybe leaning towards modern more because of your town name.
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: I think it could use some work. You have a very good foundation so far in terms of path so decorate with more flowers, bushes, and trees outside your paths. The area right of town hall is surrounded by trees but could use either flowers or mushrooms to help them stand out more. I noticed you have perfect peach trees almost everywhere. Switch it up by adding more fruit trees to balance it out. Because of your town name, I'd recommend making good use or cherries, apples, and lychees. I think those trees would match very well with the black flowers to create contrast. Don't be afraid to use cedars and bushes as well. For bushes, I'd recommend red hibiscuses or blue hydrangeas.
Navigation: Town is easy to follow along. I feel like the middle diagonal bridge should be horizontal instead. From the look of your map, I'd recommend demolishing the bridge and rebuild it where the river slightly curves above the waterfall. I think that would be the perfect location for your next bridge.

✿ Houses (Exteriors, Interiors) ✿ ★★
Raptor: Exterior looks good. However, the flowers don't match the house. I'd recommend getting blue flowers or jacob ladders to match with the black. Your main room is simple but charming. I think adding a little more furniture at the bottom left could help complete the room. Left room looks so cozy. Maybe add the red lamp from the welcome amiibo/hhd (I forget the exact name, sorry) to complete the look. As for the back room, add the a wall TV, Nintendo welcome amiibo items to make it fully feel like a gaming/entertainment room OR you could turn it into a bar entertainment room by having counters & more stools. right room looks good so far but needs some more items and music to complete it. Maybe sofas could help? Favorite room is the basement, wow! A home theater looks so cool!! Very unique. Upstairs looks great as well, I wouldn't change a thing.
Flame: Exterior looks great! Main room has good start to it but could use music and more furniture to complete it. Upstairs looks neat, but again, could use music.
Harley: Exterior looks cute. I like the water qrs surrounding her house. Main room looks cute but very simple so far. I would take advantage of pink/purple/blue items to liven it up. Upstairs garage looks cool! You don't see a lot of cars used, good call! It needs music. I would recommend using the garage as a basement instead. Upstairs is a little odd.
Ahsoka: Exterior looks a little plain; the white fence doesn't match well with the futuristic look. Main room looks like it could use food and music to make it better. Upstairs has a good start, keep on getting tech items. I think a mannequin dressed up with a space suit would suit it.

✿ Total Score ✿ 9/15
I think you have a good foundation for your town so far. Personalize it more. As for town themes, it all depends on what you like the best. It's perfectly okay to go theme-less if you don't want to feel constrained by a themed town. Judging by your town name and many black roses, I think zen or modern PWPs would look great with it. I think illuminated PWPs would definitely match if you went for a modern town. Maybe consider having your town at night to suit the name more? Because of your mayor name, I think you could do something with dinosaurs. Maybe add bamboo trees to make it look more jungle-like as an idea? But remember that you create the town for yourself so you gotta be happy with what you have since you're in it all the time. Either way, try to choose what shows or games you're passionate about and go from there. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you so much for you review! I agree with all of your points, again, thank you for taking the time to do this.
I love the idea of a face cutout standee, it didn't occur to me, I will try and find a way to put one in.
I really do struggle with fully personalizing a town, I hear it al the time with my main town too, I need to take the time to find a way around this.
Thank you! <3

Aw you're welcome! Yeah, face standees are perfect for creating that personal touch imo. I hear ya, they're tricky to make so definitely take your time. I highly recommend looking at pixel work as a reference and go from there. :)

I'm going to take a break to eat so MrGameAndScotch is next. I might do a few more after that depending on how I'm feeling. :D

Rating System Per Category
★★★★★ = Amazing and totally unique!
★★★★ = Very pleasing to the eye.
★★★ = Average, looks alright.
★★ = Decent start, needs work.
★ = Needs major improvement.

✿ Paths/QR Codes/Town Flag ✿ ★★★★
Paths: The paths are very commonly used but there's a reason for its popularity, it's lovely!
QR Codes: I love your custom sign in front of the train station, it's very cute. The grass and water QR codes add so much to the town, especially at the western area near town hall; incorporating the water qrs into the pond is so clever! I think adding some inside your houses could help bring more uniqueness in.
Town Flag: Really like your town flag, it's very pretty! I do think the colors of the tree and grass could be a little lighter so they blend in with the sky more but that's just me. XD

✿ Layout (Use of PWPs, Flower/Bush/Tree formation, Navigation) ✿ ★★★★
Use of PWPs: You did a very beautiful job coordinating them. I really like the area with the flower arch, windmill, log benches with the perfect cherry trees and pink flowers. It creates a very nice atmosphere, well done! I adore the pathway leading to the cafe, it's so cute!
Flower/Bush/Tree Formation: Wow! Upon entering your town, I instantly noticed how nice your landscaping is. You have a really nice balance of flowers, bushes and trees. It's not to the point where it's overwhelming so the vibe is just right. I love how your flowers match with the PWPs, beautiful touch!
Navigation: Very easy to navigate! There's very few areas that look a little tight (Beardo, Caroline's houses, right of police station) but you made such good use out of them that it doesn't feel like a con. Super nice! I think your beach could use improvement. I see a picnic blanket on the southern beach and I feel that you have a lot of potential to make it look nice with flowers. I think the right beach could use more trees since it looks too empty. I really like how you wrapped up goodies throughout the town. It feels very welcoming.

✿ Houses (Exteriors, Interiors) ✿ ★★★
Ruby: The exterior looks so sweet. I'm willing to bet it has a cafe or sweets vibe. The flowers suit it nicely outside as well. Upon entering her house, I was right! Sweets center theme going on; the balloons are a nice touch. I think it could use some music. Left room looks cute but again, lack of music. Basement library has potential. The ice room is my favorite. Overall, her rooms have potential but the lack of music is needed to create the mood.
Phoebe: I love her outfit, omg! The area surrounding her house is so peaceful and beautiful. Love how you incorporated the wisteria trellis. Her house exterior is simple but cute. I think you're right about the main room, it's cute but feels lacking. The left room is very cute, really like how you customized the furniture. It feels so cozy. the kitchen is nice but I feel like the floor doesn't match with the princess wall. Maybe bring in a custom flooring? The right room feels so fancy! It gives me a french vibe, very charming! The basement is cute but looks unfinished. The upstairs room is stunning, I love the royal vibe! Beautiful use of furniture.
Emily: Her outfit is adorable! Her house exterior and interior look like they need a lot of work but I get that you said you've recently started on her at the time.

✿ Total Score ✿ 11/15
Beautiful town, your use of coordinating projects while not feeling overwhelming is very skillful! I think the houses were your only weak point. I'd love to revisit when your houses and beaches are finished.

Aww thanks, yeah I've been playing around with the houses a bit. I hadn't touched Phoebe's at all since before the update, but now I'm looking to bring in new stuff. Ruby's house is actually meant to be based on a lot of common fairytales. Main room is Hansel and Gretel (because sweets), back room is Goldilocks, right room is Ice Queen/Frozen, right room is meant to be Little Red Riding hood, but I'm considering swapping it for Snow White. Downstairs is Beauty and the Beast's library, and the upstairs is meant to be Rapunzel (cause she's in a tower), but I'm probably going to change that one out as well Idk what for yet though.
As for my beach, I use it to dump so much crap usually cause I have so many towns and because my town is so paved, I don't have anywhere else to put stuff I need to transfer, so it's never really made up nicely. I just usually clear off the items before I update lol. Thanks for visiting!

Last edited:
Town: Tamatown
Mayor: Bee
DA: 4F00-002C-75D4
Theme: No theme really, just trying to make it look nice for all times of day and all times of year.
Anything I should know? I've had this town since before I knew what a good map was and I refuse to start over for sentimental reasons, so I'm trying to work with what I've got lol. I still have some empty spaces and am planning on adding more special stumps. Also my front room and basement aren't done yet, not even close.

Last edited:
Town: Blossom
Mayor: Jet
DA: 7B00-0017-FA4C
Theme: not really a theme, a bit of everything.

Back