• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Am I the only person who...

Flutter

The Fun Has Arrived!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Leif
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Uses Microsoft Excel to keep track of the fish/bugs/fossils/art/dreams? Not going to lie...I love it being so organized. lol

Nope! I have two spreadsheets I've been working on, one for all items and one just for the catchables that also tracks where/when they're available and if I've donated them yet.

I just started doing it. It's so much faster and better than writing it all down in a note book. :)

when I was working on museum stuff, I just kept a text document that listed what I needed

never had any need to keep track of dreams though

I use an app I found for ACNL. It's really useful as a checklist for everything from fossils and bugs to furniture sets and K.K. songs.

I used to do that too. I kept a list of dream addresses and friend codes on Excel.

I have a really good app called "ACNL Guide". It lets you keep track of collectables and villagers in your town. It also tells you special events and villager birthdays. I definitely recommend getting it for those of you who are able to.
Microsoft Excel sounds like a good idea though. Might try that some time!

I have the paper ACNL guide and that works great for keeping track of things. :)

I used Excel to keep track of how many hybrids I've bred each month. I made diagrams for every hybrid to monitor their growth rate.

"I Excel at spreadsheets"

Not really. Back when I used to hack my second GCN town, I would convert EVERY spot from EVERY acre onto Excel. For example, spots with grass would be green and spots with water would be blue. It took ages but it was worth it and made hacking the GCN game so much easier. Sadly I lost that file. :p I'm not the only one who did that too, BrianMp16 on YouTube also does it even to this very day (though he rarely uploads videos now). Also, there was this app for ACNL on iOS and Android but I don't use it because it has got a few issues and it's very time consuming checking what you have.

Last edited:
I just let Blathers and Celeste handle things. That's why I hired them and sign their paychecks.

I have a word document for each of my towns that I write notes to help me remember what happened each day (useful when I attempt to blog, since I don't have time to blog every day). Every time I get something I just put it on a bullet point under a category with a note by it to say whether it's in my storage or not (but available in catalogue). If I come across an item or fossil in the game I just "Ctrl F" to find if I have it. I guess sorta like Excel but just using word pad lol. I don't like hoarding items so whatever I don't need I just trash it if it's orderable.

I use an app on my phone since my phone is with me 99% of the time so it's just easy to pick it up and mark something down. I like to know how many fish, bugs or art I have left to collect, it also helps you determine which art is genuine or not. The guide is really helpful c: I think it's available on both iPhone and android.

Back