Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I have literally spent the last ten minutes shaking my 3DS to get play coins to unlock stuff in Happy Home Designer. I feel so dumb. Nobody likes play coins.

I actually never had a problem with this back then because I always took my 3DS when I went out. I never had to shake it to get play coins. Now, I don't really go out anymore, but I've still got plenty leftover from before :)

I actually never had a problem with this back then because I always took my 3DS when I went out. I never had to shake it to get play coins. Now, I don't really go out anymore, but I've still got plenty leftover from before :)

Oh man, how many do you have now? Approximately. XD

Last edited:
Right now, I have 129 :) Just take your DS with you! It'll accumulate naturally and you won't have to keep shaking it ^_^

Holy!! I almost screamed. That is amazing!! Hm, it seems I will have to take it out with me. I can imagine that shaking it the way I am is not good for it. ^^;

I went shopping today and when I got home mine had 1000 steps counted.
Just carry it with you when you go out somewhere.
Just remember you can only earn 10 a day so dont go on a marathon hoping to earn 1000 at once.

I actually hate Play Coins a lot. I have so few, and the fact I now sometimes spend the limit of my ten play coins a day IN one day by buying Fortune Cookies or playing Desert Island Escape... Yeah, it's not good.

Well, I go out a lot, and when I do, I always have a small backpack with my 3DS on sleep mode inside. Right now, I have 168 play coins. :)

I don't, really. I often go walking back and forth near my house, and I bring my ds so I can get play coins. Right now I have 297, since I don't really spend them a lot because I don't want to fill my storage with cookie items, haven't played island escape on a while and I don't have a lot of games to spend them on.

I have literally spent the last ten minutes shaking my 3DS to get play coins to unlock stuff in Happy Home Designer. I feel so dumb. Nobody likes play coins.

OH MY GOODNESS YES!

Where I live nobody takes their DS with them when to go out (even when the system was new). That's why streetpass never worked too, except with friends with a DS. So I have spent quite some time shaking that thing sitting at home. ANNOYING! :p

OH MY GOODNESS YES!

Where I live nobody takes their DS with them when to go out (even when the system was new). That's why streetpass never worked too, except with friends with a DS. So I have spent quite some time shaking that thing sitting at home. ANNOYING! :p

Even if you can't street pass, you can still earn play coins when you take it out, so it's not completely pointless. Better than shaking it :)

I feel uncomfortable bringing my 3DS outside having it on sleep mode so I'll try to shake it at least once a week to get coins for fortune cookies. There is a manner of which I shake it because I've realized that it's better if I don't do it fast. Hard to explain but it's just like twisting/opening a door knob lol. I hate it whenever there's a game that uses them to unlock items or certain feature.

I hate the dumb 10 per day limit that is laughably easy to get if I bother to take my 3DS out with me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just remember you can only earn 10 a day so dont go on a marathon hoping to earn 1000 at once.

maximum you can have is 300 iirc, so lol you can't earn 1000 regardless

Last edited:
I was very paranoid about taking my 3DS anywhere in case it got lost somehow or something happened to my bag, so I used to shake my 3DS lightly for coins as well. Now I've been taking it places when I can and it's been handy. I still spend them on the day though, can't help myself.

Just take it with you when you go out. Usually about 60 coins a week for me.

However, there's little to spend them on. The Streetpass puzzles mostly consist of missing pink pieces for myself now, spending on Pok?mon Rumble World doesn't seem worth it for the few gems and I've got all the Animal Crossing fortune items. Not looked into that minigame, despite having a Wii-U in-game.

Before the WA update I had 300 coins (max amount I think?) because I'd take my DS every day to college. My school was near a gamestop and I was guaranteed streetpasses every day so I was more willing to take my DS out. Now that I've moved I don't take my DS out anymore because I'm terrified of being caught in a tropical storm ahaha. I have around 120 coins since then? from buying fortune cookies hoping to get nintendogs u_u I used to play DIE but I got bored of it and prefer Puzzle League which doesn't require play coins. I didn't even touch my play coins before the WA update, I thought they were so useless lol.

I hate them XD They're not even supported, I have the Max, and probably always will, because I never use them XD

I hate play coins but I need them to get those damn rare Yo-kai :(

Play coins are annoying. I don't really like to bring my 3ds with me anywhere unless I am going to a convention. And if I carry it in my bag, the step counter is way off. I have had max for a while though because I only have a few games that even use them.

Back