• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What kind of paths do you have?

What kind of paths do you have

• Skinny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two Wide

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Three Wide

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Single Tile

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Dirt Path

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Mixed

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • None

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simple pink and white brick path I made. I wish I could make the complex paths work, but they end up a mess when I try haha.

Mine are two wide.

Last edited:
lmfao i always see towns with 3 everywhere, all over and i have to wonder.....how people do that. mathematically it may work better bc of even vs uneven square numbers and big pwp, but it takes up so much....space...who has that much space to spare in a town?

None atm but I'm thinking of looking for cute ones and making two tile paths for the most part, just bc dirt paths sound like a hassle to maintain. The hardest part will be finding paths I like.

My paths are two-wide and I use single tiles for my paths. It frees up a lot of pattern space when I use single tiles, although it can be hard finding a pattern that blends perfectly with everything else.

I have dirt paths!! I'm digging the dirt path look, even if they aren't totally dug out perfectly.

My other town has white brick paths that are two squares wide.

I found a really simple, one-pattern-only path on Tumblr. I personally don't care about landscaping, so it's pretty much just to hide the dirt. I do it two-wide, so I don't ever stray should I bump into another villager or trip.

Two-wide and it drives me nuts sometimes because of the space it requires in some areas. I couldn't find a single-tile path that I liked so I ended up sticking with the two-wide set I found, which I adore, but I find it hard to work with depending on the landscape and house placements of villagers already plotted in my town.

I have single tiles of different colours I combine to forms paths and plazas alike, then I also have a complete waterway set + 2 kinds of fake grass everywhere else :p

Most of my paths are 2 spaces wide except for the one directly in front of the train station, which is 3 spaces wide.

Last edited:
I'd like to find a good pattern that takes up less than four slots. I have a path I like in my pattern 'inventory,' but it takes up nine slots and it's a nightmare to lay it all out. I just want to be able to walk around and plop one down. I haven't made much progress putting down paths for this reason.

I really can't be bothered to make another villager just to extend my slots; I don't have the patience or time.

Last edited:
In my first town, I have three wide path that acts as my main and the rest are single paths (water, bridge, flowers, stone, a pinkish abstract path, and two types of grass).

In my second town, I have a single tiled brown checkered/square path and another single tiled gray path that acts as my main and the rest are support (two gray stone paths, black stone path, water, wooden path, three types of flower/plant boxes, and grass).

Last edited:
I'm planning on doing two wide paths, possibly with some single spaced pathways depending on how much space I have in certain areas.

Back