• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help with Wii game 'fake'

Status
Not open for further replies.

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Rewarding TBT to the person who can help me with this.​

So last year, I started collecting Wii games. (By 'collecting' I mean organising the ones I had lost and trying out new ones lol) I bought Okami, without checking whether it was a European disk or not. Yeah, well it doesn't work. I don't know if I paid ?10 for a fake disk, or it's a disk I can't play on my Wii because it's region-locked, so what gives? It has an 'Official Nintendo Seal' but it's not sparkly and engraved like my other disks are. And it's oval-shaped, not circular. Do fake Wii games even exist?

I'll post a pic of the disk in question. but can anyone help me with bypassing the region lock on my Wii? I'm in Europe, I have no clue how to do it.

EDIT: It also says "FOR USE ONLY IN USA, CANADA, MEXICO AND LATIN AMERICA." around the edge, which is why I thought it wasn't working because my Wii is region locked.

EDIT 2: Closing thread. Can't discuss it here. Thank you Bowie!

Last edited:
If the Wii is anything like the newer Nintendo consoles, region-locking can be removed via hacks. I can't give you any advice, though, 'cause hacking discussion isn't allowed here and all.

If the Wii is anything like the newer Nintendo consoles, region-locking can be removed via hacks. I can't give you any advice, though, 'cause hacking discussion isn't allowed here and all.

Okay, thank you! I thought hacking wasn't allowed to be discussed here, and I was right, so I'll close the thread (welpican'tclosethethread). I was also worried the disk was a fake, but I'll dig into the region lock thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back