forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Rewarding TBT to the person who can help me with this.​

So last year, I started collecting Wii games. (By 'collecting' I mean organising the ones I had lost and trying out new ones lol) I bought Okami, without checking whether it was a European disk or not. Yeah, well it doesn't work. I don't know if I paid ?10 for a fake disk, or it's a disk I can't play on my Wii because it's region-locked, so what gives? It has an 'Official Nintendo Seal' but it's not sparkly and engraved like my other disks are. And it's oval-shaped, not circular. Do fake Wii games even exist?

I'll post a pic of the disk in question. but can anyone help me with bypassing the region lock on my Wii? I'm in Europe, I have no clue how to do it.

EDIT: It also says "FOR USE ONLY IN USA, CANADA, MEXICO AND LATIN AMERICA." around the edge, which is why I thought it wasn't working because my Wii is region locked.

EDIT 2: Closing thread. Can't discuss it here. Thank you Bowie!

Last edited:
If the Wii is anything like the newer Nintendo consoles, region-locking can be removed via hacks. I can't give you any advice, though, 'cause hacking discussion isn't allowed here and all.

If the Wii is anything like the newer Nintendo consoles, region-locking can be removed via hacks. I can't give you any advice, though, 'cause hacking discussion isn't allowed here and all.

Okay, thank you! I thought hacking wasn't allowed to be discussed here, and I was right, so I'll close the thread (welpican'tclosethethread). I was also worried the disk was a fake, but I'll dig into the region lock thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back