• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sell out City Folk.

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Enlighten me.

I got this game last week, now that I have it, I've gotten a few items, done part-time work for the leech Tom Nook, now what? Is there any more redeeming qualities about this game? Why aren't there bus shanties? What do I do next? I challenge someone to completely fill me in on why I should continue to play this game.

I might prize TBT to the best answers, if that's allowed. ;)

Last edited:
After personally playing City Folk for over 500 hours back in the day, I can definitely tell you that the game is worth playing and keeping. City Folk takes most of the strengths from the Original AC (like the diverse geography that the cliff feature introduces) and Wild World and mesh them together in a fresh, polished, and new way. As a long time AC fan that started with the Gamecube one, I have found that playing all of the AC games helps you to appreciate and love the new ACs even more since you know what it has taken for AC to reach where it has reached. The awesomeness of New Leaf truly is a testament of the evolution that the AC series has experienced and it truly is downright epic. Besides the lack of online play due to the old Wi-Fi service shutting down, City Folk is still worth enjoying since there's still a lot to do even without multiplayer. I personally still get on City Folk every now and then just to walk around my town and get filled with nostalgia. The only reason why I personally don't play City Folk anymore on a regular basis is that I have the perfect town and I have moved on to other games like Xenoblade Chronicles X which provide hundreds of new hours of enjoyment of new gaming experiences. :) Hope this helps! :D

Last edited:
You could literally say that about any Animal Crossing game lol

city folk takes the charm and beautiful graphics of animal crossing and pushes it to a new level with the peak of technology of the time with 720p beauty pushing the boundaries of the time. real time events are beautifully curated, with tons of seasonal activities in store, and more customisation than ever seen before in an animal crossing game is found here! plus, an expanded, higher detail graphic design allows for better designs in terms of paths and clothing, with 'pro' designs being added. the villager interactions in this game are same-y, but quaint. the villager to villager conversations are the best in this game, and the back story through befriending sable is the best, most in depth in all of the games so far. with the addition of the city, it allowed shrunk and frillard to take to the stage with their comedic routines, shampoodle is now it's own store, and kicks offers a new shoe shining service! the quaint charm of building the new bridge, lighthouse and fountain can be set as 'goals', and keeping grass as perfect as possible is always a fun challenge! with the easier hybrid making in this game than in wild world, it generates a new level of possibility of hybrids in town.

really, for any animal crossing game, you need to be younger to really understand it's charm, as on the surface all of the older games seem very similar, with very little different from one another. i've spent around 5000 hours on this game since i was 6 years old, and i pity you can't find it fun to play without being convinced.

Back