• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNL Date Ideas?

speedwagon

manlet pixie dream boy
Bells
Switch
6677-1860-5694
Valentine's Day is coming up pretty soon, and since my partner and I are long-distance, we figured the closest thing to a real date would be an Animal Crossing date where they visit my town and hang out and stuff!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas I could use to just make it really special? :)

I mean, I was thinking of decorating my house to make it like a picnic theme, but I'm having some trouble with the floor and wallpaper (I've never been great at making my own QR designs, but I want to make the floor look like a picnic blanket on a grassy field ??? and I'm not sure how to do that!), so if anyone has any resources they could share that'd be great too!

Besides that, I'm totally open to any new ideas that anyone might have!

(Quick little edit: THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who responded!!! I don't have enough time to reply back to everyone individually rn, but I love all your ideas and I'm definitely gonna be trying them out! ♥︎)

Last edited:
On valentines day isabelle will mail you a chocolate cake. Maybe gift wrap that and give it to them? If any of your villages have requested the illuminated heart pwp then maybe you could stick a few of those in your town too.

A cute and cozy Animal Crossing multiplayer experience over webcam Skype or smth. Doesn't matter what you do, just have fun. For decorations just set up a little area with the picnic blanket pwp, illuminated heart pwp and flowers and talk for a while.

Such a cute idea!

Maybe you could make a Valentine's date/party in the museum?
One year for Halloween, I rented one of the museum rooms and named it the "Costume Party" exhibit, and decorated it like a Halloween party with lots of cakes and candy and goodies, and a mix of sweets and Halloween furniture. I put the DJ booth in the center, and added balloons and a few aurora screens for atmosphere. My friend visited, and we had fun in the party room. I had also left out some costumes to wear, and some wrapped gifts (sparklers, sparkling cider, etc.) for us to play with. We wound up playing hide and seek for a bit, too. It was so much fun!

So, yes. Obviously what I did was for Halloween, but you could easily do something similar for Valentine's Day. :)

Oh, and I agree with adding one or more illuminated hearts, as JSS suggested. And the picnic blanket PWP, if you don't have it already.

Maybe have the picnic blanket PWP outside for a picnic date, and if you do a room in your house or in the museum, have the room decorated sickeningly Valentine's--red and pink balloons, red and pink flowers, Lovely furniture, "I Love You" on the stereo (maybe the Sweets player?), Sweets mini lamps (that look like ice cream sundaes) on iron garden tables (and chairs) customized white...I could go on and on. :p Maybe include an ACNL game (there are a bunch of great ideas here) outside to balance out all the cuteness, haha.

I just have to tell you how sweet and adorable this idea is. I hope you and your boyfriend have an awesome acnl date <3

if you have the cafe, grab some coffee together and than go for a picnic! than go to the island!

- - - Post Merge - - -

and at the end of the night, maybe go to the club to here kk DJ!

You could also talk on the phone or Skype call and talk while you do this to make it not just a silent date or full of chat boxes.

head to the coffee shop for a coffee date and by the end of the night go down take walks on the beach or sit by the fire. Or if you want go get yourself a nice bed and go snuggle <3
I want an animal crossing date now.

Maybe fill their town with flowers/hybrids or arrange them in a specific way? Either way, that is really sweet and good luck!

I like the idea of the Picnic Blanket PWP. Maybe get some of the ice creams from the HHA Showcase, or cider from New Years, or candy from Halloween. Have a nice "meal" there.

I think I read somewhere that Brewster serves hot chocolate on Valentine's Day instead of coffee, so sitting there could be nice. Going on a romantic tour of the island could be nice, too. Send him a love letter with a rose, maybe a pink or gold one instead of a plain red one. Greet him at the station wearing a nice outfit with a rose in your mouth~

aaa i love this idea! the picnic blanket PWP surrounded by pink, blue, and purple roses~ i am 100% supportive of this idea and will supply flowers if you send me pictures ^^
i am living for this idea and wish i could do it with my partner someday

do something fun like having a shopping and gifting spree with one another, gifts gifts gifts!! you can find some very adorable valentines themed qr codes online so both of you can look great, maybe a suit for him and a red rose in mouth while you wear a cute heartsy themed pink/red dress with some adorable accessories? go out to the coffee shop on valentines day and get some hot chocolate and then watch the sunset together at the picnic blanket. when it's night time you can go to the island, do tours, catch bugs, etc. there's so many things you can do really!!

whatever you decide to do i hope you will both be happy & spend a lot of good time together <3

Back